I just can't stand it anymore!

Remember last year? We wanted to know who the QB was going to be. A lot of people thought status quo, Lee. No one knew. We all pulled our hair out. And we found out, on opening day. Same is going to be true with the direction of the offense this year. Not status quo..... but that we will find out on opening day and not a minute before. Sorry.

I think you are mostly correct with this but unfortunately we aren't going to know what our offense is truly like until we play someone half decent. My guess is that we will know what we are capable of on offense after the Wisconsin game.

Remember last year? We wanted to know who the QB was going to be. A lot of people thought status quo, Lee. No one knew. We all pulled our hair out. And we found out, on opening day. Same is going to be true with the direction of the offense this year. Not status quo..... but that we will find out on opening day and not a minute before. Sorry.

I think you are mostly correct with this but unfortunately we aren't going to know what our offense is truly like until we play someone half decent. My guess is that we will know what we are capable of on offense after the Wisconsin game.

We knew what it was capable of last year after Washington. The problem is we won't know how it holds up until it sees a full year or two. Better play calling can make a big difference for sure, but it's the same personnel.

Last year the offense was capable of running strait over a few teams, beating OSU in a shootout, getting Helu and Martinez records.

Until it is consistent throughout the year we don't know much. Obviously it'll try and get more big plays from receivers, but really we know where the big part of the offense lies, in Martinez and Burkhead's hands and the read option.

Why is everyone so focused on 'what' offense we're going to run? We're going to run our offense, and any words that you attach to it will be just that; words. Saying that we're running the spread, running a power I, running a pistol, running a balanced powerful attack, etc. etc. etc. won't do a single thing to help us understand what exactly is going to happen. The only solution to this is is to wait and watch.

Why is everyone so focused on 'what' offense we're going to run? We're going to run our offense, and any words that you attach to it will be just that; words. Saying that we're running the spread, running a power I, running a pistol, running a balanced powerful attack, etc. etc. etc. won't do a single thing to help us understand what exactly is going to happen. The only solution to this is is to wait and watch.

Because it's fun, and it's the offseason.

landlord likes to be a high and mighty buzzkill sometimes...

• Fire 1

I just don't get it :dunno What satisfaction does anyone get out of still having no clue even after talking about it? :P

I'm betting it's going to be a lot of the same things we did last year with plays that get our big play guys out in space (Turner, Bell, and the Freshman Trio for sure right now). I bet we see a number of bubble screens and jet sweeps.

I agree. I saw a lot of bubble screens during spring practice highlights. Also saw a lot of option, so I'm sure that's going to be in there as well.

beck was at kansas , i believe,.....it will be something like he ran there...if i remember right, shot gun, no huddle...etc

I keep hearing people say this, but I'm not sure there's any truth to it. He was at Kansas as the passing game coordinator. Mark Mangino and Ed Warriner both had more input into that KU offensive scheme than Tim Beck did. Beck didn't even have play-calling duties.

More telling might be to look at the schemes he ran as a high school coach in Texas (flexbone and then spread option). He was also offensive coordinator at Missouri State in 1998, but I don't know what scheme he ran there.

Anyways, given the fact that Bo has been gunning for some kind of Florida-esque spread option attack since he arrived in Lincoln, I'd be pretty surprised if we aren't running some variation of the spread option.

beck was at kansas , i believe,.....it will be something like he ran there...if i remember right, shot gun, no huddle...etc

I keep hearing people say this, but I'm not sure there's any truth to it. He was at Kansas as the passing game coordinator. Mark Mangino and Ed Warriner both had more input into that KU offensive scheme than Tim Beck did. Beck didn't even have play-calling duties.

More telling might be to look at the schemes he ran as a high school coach in Texas (flexbone and then spread option). He was also offensive coordinator at Missouri State in 1998, but I don't know what scheme he ran there.

Anyways, given the fact that Bo has been gunning for some kind of Florida-esque spread option attack since he arrived in Lincoln, I'd be pretty surprised if we aren't running some variation of the spread option.

+1 on some type of spread option. That would also work well with getting the type of players that fit our recruiting strengths (or lack thereof).

I just don't get it :dunno What satisfaction does anyone get out of still having no clue even after talking about it? :P

What's not to get? We like to talk about football. That doesn't stop when there's no football action.

Rather than post stuff like this ^^^ why don't you come up with something better to talk about, and start a new thread?