*** Official Husker Yards to Glory Thread ***

Possibility for 25. Starting @ :23 in.

(Hope that works)

20 and 10. Guy Chamberlain against Notre Dame in 1915. Haven't found em on Youtube yet. Gonna stay up all night looking.

Makes you wonder what all happened before they started to "put it on film." Maybe some of it is somewhere?

That Brandon Jackson run is a good run, it's just that it came in the 4th quarter against Louisiana Tech in a blowout win. Anyone else have any feelings for this?

Ok someone help me here cause I can't find out who or the yardage. I think it was one of the Peter brothers more than likely Jason ran a fumble recovery back in a bowl game and high stepped it into the endzone. Depending on the yardage I think that play should be nominated to as it was a big body running it back untouched and finished with the highstep lol. I have found videos on youtube but I can't make out the player or the yardage.

It was Christian Christian Christian. Gotta Love Him. and it went 90 yards. The play didn't stand though. Even though it was clearly a fumble the ref blew the whistle and ruled Kresser down by contact.

Thanks I knew it was one of the Peter bothers. That explains why huskers.com doesn't show him with a td as a stat.

It was also on a PAT attempt, so it wouldn't have been a TD, it would've been however they score the two points when the defense scores on a PAT attempt. It was an absolute classic moment though, in that Fiesta Bowl blowout of Florida.

(Hope that works)

20 and 10. Guy Chamberlain against Notre Dame in 1915. Haven't found em on Youtube yet. Gonna stay up all night looking.

Makes you wonder what all happened before they started to "put it on film." Maybe some of it is somewhere?

That Brandon Jackson run is a good run, it's just that it came in the 4th quarter against Louisiana Tech in a blowout win. Anyone else have any feelings for this?

That's a good point, Knap. I can see how we might want to go with plays from bigger games or clutch situations. That brings up another question, though: What about plays that put us over the top in important games but that don't have any video evidence? If we want to especially include plays that might have had a larger impact on the program, maybe we should bring some of these into the fold. I'm not trying to over-think it (Isn't that what Husker fans do though?). This is a fun thread either way!

(Hope that works)

That's a good point, Knap. I can see how we might want to go with plays from bigger games or clutch situations. That brings up another question, though: What about plays that put us over the top in important games but that don't have any video evidence? If we want to especially include plays that might have had a larger impact on the program, maybe we should bring some of these into the fold. I'm not trying to over-think it (Isn't that what Husker fans do though?). This is a fun thread either way!

I tried to go back and find "the very first N touchdown", first TD out of the state, first TD against old Big 8 teams etc. couldn't find anything.

I tried to go back and find "the very first N touchdown", first TD out of the state, first TD against old Big 8 teams etc. couldn't find anything.

Yeah, I couldn't find scoring summaries from that era, either. I found the Chamberlin TD runs of 20 and 10 yds against ND in 1922 here: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=919576

NU won 20-19, sealing a perfect 8-0 season and handing ND its only loss that year.

The article says he also threw the go-ahead TD, which presumably would be more 'glorious' than the other two TDs, but the play's yardage is not given.

56 yard TD pass, Zac Lee to Niles Paul against Missouri. Finally sparked the stagnant offense en route to one of the finest quarters ever in husker history. Also seemed to be a turning point in the young Pelini era

Wow I completely forgot that play. That's a great one. Talk about altering perceptions of the direction of a program in a single quarter.

I think I have the front page updated with all of the submissions prior to this post. Let's try to fill this in before the season starts. That's 65 more TDs to list. Can we do it?

+1 to huzkerbob for not only finding the Orduna TD, but finding it with Lyell Bremser's call. :thumbs