*** Official Husker Yards to Glory Thread ***

Some more:

• 59 - Niles Paul punt return vs. Colorado, 2009.
  • 35 - Steve Taylor to Todd Millikan to beat Troy Aikman and UCLA, 1987. I chose this one because it was the game-winner.
    when #2 UCLA shut down #3 Nebraska's run game.
  • 23 - Gerry Gdowski to Chris Garrett to beat Oklahoma in 1989
  • 11 - Turner Gill pass to Mike Rozier in the Orange Bowl vs. LSU, 1982
  • 3 - Roger Craig run to beat Marcus Dupree & Oklahoma in 1982. This was Nebraska's second straight win over Oklahoma and TO's second straight Big 8 title after losing out to OU all those years.

Edited the first post to add most of the ones we've come up with so far.

Areas of debate. Let me know how you feel about:

I put Mike Rozier's 2-yard TD in instead of Jeff Kinney's game-winner against OU in 1971.

I put Jarvis Redwine's 89-yard romp in instead of Willie Ross' kickoff return from the 1962 Gotham Bowl.

I put Eric Crouch's 95-yard run vs. Mizzou in instead of Eric Hagg's 2010 punt return vs. Texas

I put Niles Paul's 100-yard kickoff return against Okie Lite instead of Ron Clark's kickoff return vs K State, 1949.

I'd vote for Ron Clarks KR in '49 just because from my understanding NU football has very little to be proud of from that era. Also it doesn't seem right leaving Kinney's 2-yarder off the list, although I understand why you did. Dude was one tough runner. Definately deserves an honorable mention.

Edited the first post to add most of the ones we've come up with so far.

Areas of debate. Let me know how you feel about:

I put Mike Rozier's 2-yard TD in instead of Jeff Kinney's game-winner against OU in 1971.

I put Jarvis Redwine's 89-yard romp in instead of Willie Ross' kickoff return from the 1962 Gotham Bowl.

I put Eric Crouch's 95-yard run vs. Mizzou in instead of Eric Hagg's 2010 punt return vs. Texas

I put Niles Paul's 100-yard kickoff return against Okie Lite instead of Ron Clark's kickoff return vs K State, 1949.

I'd vote for Ron Clarks KR in '49 just because from my understanding NU football has very little to be proud of from that era. Also it doesn't seem right leaving Kinney's 2-yarder off the list, although I understand why you did. Dude was one tough runner. Definately deserves an honorable mention.

Perhaps both plays were from different hash marks?

I added the 50-yarder from Humm to Rodgers, but not the Coyle field goal. We made a "special dispensation" for Henery's game-winner vs. Colorado but we're not adding any other FGs.

Of course, if general consensus swings to allowing more FGs, that can change.

Also - everyone help check and tell me if I've missed any. I had missed the 19-yarder for a while (somehow). The more eyes checking this the better.

I added the 50-yarder from Humm to Rodgers, but not the Coyle field goal. We made a "special dispensation" for Henery's game-winner vs. Colorado but we're not adding any other FGs.

Of course, if general consensus swings to allowing more FGs, that can change.

Also - everyone help check and tell me if I've missed any. I had missed the 19-yarder for a while (somehow). The more eyes checking this the better.

Idk, there have been some huge wins and losses decided by field goals. When it comes to game winners or clinchers I think they deserve some consideration.