*** Official Husker Yards to Glory Thread ***

2000 Missouri Game:

Missouri 7....7....10....0 - 24

Nebraska 7...21....7.....7 - 42

Missouri - Farmer 1 run (Hammerich kick)

Nebraska - Alexander 2 run (Brown kick)

Nebraska - Buckhalter 34 pass from Crouch (Brown kick)

Nebraska - Newcombe 94 punt return (Brown kick)

Missouri - Gage 48 pass from Farmer (Hammerich kick)

Nebraska - Bowling 13 pass from Crouch (Brown kick)

Missouri - Abron 13 run (Hammerich kick)

Nebraska - J Burrow 28 fumble return (Brown kick)

Missouri - FG Hammerich 27

Nebraska - Crouch 8 run (Brown kick)

Correll Buckhalter 58 yard TD vs Missouri '00

I'm not seeing where Buckhalter scored a 58 yard TD against Missouri. Where are you seeing that?

The only TD against Missouri I'm seeing from Buckhalter was in 1999, from 10 yards.

Figured out where this came from. If you look at Bucky's bio page on Huskers.com, they have this line:

Long Rush/TD Rush
- 58 vs. Missouri, 2000 / 43 vs. Louisiana Tech, 1998

If you're just glancing at it and not used to how they write this, you could read it as the 58-yarder is his longest TD rush, when it's actually the longest rush attempt of his career. The 43-yarder is his longest TD rush.

3 - Roger Craig run to beat Marcus Dupree & Oklahoma in 1982

Besides Frazier's it's my favorite

I have to nominate an override on this one. How about Ameer's run against Michigan. The triple/double option that even had King Urban tongue tied. And you know it is going in the OSU playbook now.

We neeeed to run that play more often!

18 - Marlon Lucky’s 18 yd TD run against Baylor in 2008. First year for Pelini. We dropped our first two conference games to Mizzou and TT, then beat IA State. In the Baylor game the Bears were ahead of the NU until this run by Marlon. We took the lead before the half with this 18 yd run, and held them scoreless the rest of the game for the win.

53 – Nate Swift had a nice 53 yd TD grab later in the same Baylor game to stretch out our lead.

What do you guys think about Jammal Lord's final TD as a Husker? It was a five-yard run against CU in 2003. It wasn't a game-winner, and there were two TDs and a FG scored afterward.

I have to think that there are better five-yard runs in Husker history. We're woefully lacking in short-yardage TDs.