3DS Price drop to 169.00

I'm thinking about picking one up. Good idea, or bad idea? I'd imagine that DSi's would drop dramatically when the 3DS drops it's price later this week, just wondering if anyone can steer me towards getting a 3DS or to grab a used DSi for cheap in the next week or two. I know the DSi's are really popular, haven't met anyone with a 3DS yet, which I suppose is why they are dropping the price so much.

I think walmart is selling them for 169 now, so if you want 20 free games then go get it before the price drop is official. I'd also advise that you try and spend some time playing the 3ds, to see how well 3d games on it will work for you

Or just turn the 3D effects off and have a handheld that's almost as powerful as the Wii. :)

Well, for now I think the 3DS is the way to go. PLUS i found out that it can stream netflix, so that is SWEET. Plus it plays the old DS games, so the lack of games isn't a problem for me. Used DS's at gamestop are still 120. Makes sense to spend 50 more for a new 3DS.

Played one at gamestop this weekend. The 3d is cool but after a few minutes i had to shut it off. It messed with my head a while afterwards too, definitely not a fan and I'm rethinking purchasing a 3D TV when I upgrade, it made me feel nauseated. Still looked really good with the 3D off though.

• 5 weeks later...

Would hold off on a 3D TV purchase--sets aren't selling well, and they're projecting excellent bargains around Christmas and the Super Bowl this coming year.

And the 3DS is nice, but the 3D is a gimmick that most people can stand for more than 30 minutes at a time. Hence, Nintendo making 3D optional (and not mandatory, as it was) for 3rd and 1st party titles.

Even still, hold off on a 3DS--the Vita is looking great, and Nintendo is going to re-release the 3DS with a second analog stick sometime next year, which completely screws over any of the current adopters.