Nebraska on the BTN tonight!!!

Apathy

When is Time Warner in Kansas City ever going to add the BTN! ugh. So frustrated!

If I wasn't tight on money right now, I'd have switched to AT&T or something!

I guess I'll be spending my time at bars this season. And the wife can't do anything about it ;):cheers

it's like $4 a month. i'll spot ya during the season :P i'm positive your switch would cost you more just in headaches.

Why is that other Universities are having 2 games aired compared to our one. Minnesota had 2 games yesterday that was shown on the BTN and same with Iowa today but Nebraska only had one.

Most likely has to do with who owns the broadcast rights. It's unlikely either ESPN or ABC will release any of our games to a competitor like the BTN.

If you get bored, check this out. With about 2:45 left in the first quarter, gabbert breaks loose on about a 50 yard scramble. Look for the blind-side, helmet to helmet hit that #29 Jerrell Jackson puts on #90 Terrance Moore at the Mizery 30 yard line right behind the scrambling Blaine the pain and directly in front of the ref. Cheapshot Kemp is called for an offensive facemask at the end of the play, but tell me that hit is any different than Eric Martin's against okie light.

Why is that other Universities are having 2 games aired compared to our one. Minnesota had 2 games yesterday that was shown on the BTN and same with Iowa today but Nebraska only had one.

Most likely has to do with who owns the broadcast rights. It's unlikely either ESPN or ABC will release any of our games to a competitor like the BTN.

Most of the games on replays are ABC or ESPN broadcasts in the first place, so it really shouldn't be an issue. I believe it's in the contract. I heard it was a Big 12 issue, and that the BTN had to pull teeth just to get the Mizzou game on.

Most of the games on replays are ABC or ESPN broadcasts in the first place, so it really shouldn't be an issue. I believe it's in the contract. I heard it was a Big 12 issue, and that the BTN had to pull teeth just to get the Mizzou game on.

If it's ABC/ESPN then it's a huge issue, since the BTN is the single largest threat to ESPN/ABC's dominance of college football on TV.

Look at the coverage ESPN is giving the Miami issue (ESPN has a contract with the ACC). Then look at the coverage they've given to the Ohio State issue, flagship school of the conference that owns their biggest competitor.

If it's ABC/ESPN then it's a huge issue, since the BTN is the single largest threat to ESPN/ABC's dominance of college football on TV.

Look at the coverage ESPN is giving the Miami issue (ESPN has a contract with the ACC). Then look at the coverage they've given to the Ohio State issue, flagship school of the conference that owns their biggest competitor.

What's your point? ESPN has been all over Miami since last night. The story is 24 hours old. You can't compare it to a story that's 9 months old, and was the major story of the offseason. Let's see how it plays out.

It doesn't have anything to do with Nebraska on the BTN. The vast majority of those games being replayed on the BTN are from ABC or ESPN broadcasts, with ESPN announcers. Griese, McDonough, Spielman, Herbstreit, and Musberger. The reason that Nebraska doesn't have any recent games on the BTN is because of the game rights being tied to the Big 12.

What's your point? ESPN has been all over Miami since last night. The story is 24 hours old. You can't compare it to a story that's 9 months old, and was the major story of the offseason. Let's see how it plays out.

It doesn't have anything to do with Nebraska on the BTN. The vast majority of those games being replayed on the BTN are from ABC or ESPN broadcasts, with ESPN announcers. Griese, McDonough, Spielman, Herbstreit, and Musberger. The reason that Nebraska doesn't have any recent games on the BTN is because of the game rights being tied to the Big 12.

Then they should air games from the Big 8 conference