Official - A&M sends notice to Beebe, Big 12 that they are exploring options

knapplc

You all act as if we don't know the challenge of the SEC. WE are well aware. Again, this is about visibility and stability in a way the Big XII never provided. We want out for many of the SAME reasons you did.

Last year's "drunken" crowd, eh? If you think that was trotted out with the chairs on the track just for you, you're wrong. Bill Byrne is saying that's going to be likely for almost every game this year because of ticket sales. It's been done before, it'll be done again. You act as iff packing a stadium is never done. Of COURSE it is done to create a home field advantage, but it wouldn't have been done if it were the "dangerous" environment as you seem to think it was. Hell, NU should be thrilled that the BIGGEST crowd to attend a game at Kyle wasn't Texas. It was y'all. It was pretty damn hostile towards us in the visitor's section of that game...if there was hostility, it sure as hell wasn't 1 sided.

You talk about the refs, fine. There was, in my mind, 1 TRULY questionable call....the late hit vs Tannehill late in the game that got us to our 3rd FG. We even had an Ag make a 20 minute video in which he breaks down EVERY ref call during the game. EVERY ONE. I understand the perception, and there might have been some bad calls. I get it. I also know that the Pelini brothers didn't help their cause, especially when Carl broke the camera of an Aggie Media Crew and later apologized. They probably had right to be mad. We've all seen Bo and his sideline antics, and the nation saw it then. You KNOW that has an impact on refs. They're human and can't help but be impacted by a coach who is screaming obscenities at them.

I'm not claiming A&M is a saint. But GBRSal has been attacking my school from the get-go. Not just debating, attacking. I mean, we've heard it all before with the "cult" nonsense, but it's still annoying. I've been a big fan of NU ever since I married a husker, and it saddens me to dread stuff like that for members of a fanbase I greatly respect. The above post you referenced was me trying to show him that the entire nation doesn't view A&M as he does, although he refuses to believe it. A&M and Nebraska both have proud football traditions. I'm sure we've both been the victims of and the beneficiaries of poorly called games. I still believe last year's was fair, but I can understand how that feeling is not universal.

You all act as if we don't know the challenge of the SEC. WE are well aware. Again, this is about visibility and stability in a way the Big XII never provided. We want out for many of the SAME reasons you did.

Last year's "drunken" crowd, eh? If you think that was trotted out with the chairs on the track just for you, you're wrong. Bill Byrne is saying that's going to be likely for almost every game this year because of ticket sales. It's been done before, it'll be done again. You act as iff packing a stadium is never done. Of COURSE it is done to create a home field advantage, but it wouldn't have been done if it were the "dangerous" environment as you seem to think it was. Hell, NU should be thrilled that the BIGGEST crowd to attend a game at Kyle wasn't Texas. It was y'all. It was pretty damn hostile towards us in the visitor's section of that game...if there was hostility, it sure as hell wasn't 1 sided.

You talk about the refs, fine. There was, in my mind, 1 TRULY questionable call....the late hit vs Tannehill late in the game that got us to our 3rd FG. We even had an Ag make a 20 minute video in which he breaks down EVERY ref call during the game. EVERY ONE. I understand the perception, and there might have been some bad calls. I get it. I also know that the Pelini brothers didn't help their cause, especially when Carl broke the camera of an Aggie Media Crew and later apologized. They probably had right to be mad. We've all seen Bo and his sideline antics, and the nation saw it then. You KNOW that has an impact on refs. They're human and can't help but be impacted by a coach who is screaming obscenities at them.

I'm not claiming A&M is a saint. But GBRSal has been attacking my school from the get-go. Not just debating, attacking. I mean, we've heard it all before with the "cult" nonsense, but it's still annoying. I've been a big fan of NU ever since I married a husker, and it saddens me to dread stuff like that for members of a fanbase I greatly respect. The above post you referenced was me trying to show him that the entire nation doesn't view A&M as he does, although he refuses to believe it. A&M and Nebraska both have proud football traditions. I'm sure we've both been the victims of and the beneficiaries of poorly called games. I still believe last year's was fair, but I can understand how that feeling is not universal.

WTF? One bad call? ONE!? What planet are you from anyway? The aTm v. NU game was one of the WORST referee screw jobs I’ve ever seen. They handed the game to you on a silver platter. The refs jobbed NU with 150 yds in penalties. They patted aTm on the wrist with 10 yds. We even had a player get violated on the field by one of aTm’s players, Tony Jerod-Eddie. What was that all about, is Jerod-Eddie some kind of closet homosexual or something? I would think that you’d be ashamed to be an aTm fan after that game. In fact, after that game I’d think you would be ashamed to be an aTm grad. Of course that will never happen. No doubt you have too many fond memories of muscular freshman cadets scurrying over to pull your boots off. FISH! What a bunch of pathetic f'ing weirdos.
  • Fire 2

Like I said, I understand there are differig perspectives. A poster at Texags created an approximately 20 minute video detailing each call. It was well made, and demonstrated, to us, that it was a fairly called game. Again, I get it that NU fans were frustrated, and I'm sure I would have been too in your position.

As far as Jerod-Eddie, you've obviously never been at the bottom of a college football pile. It's nasty down there. HE got caught...although I do love how NU fans are irate about your (TE?) being molested, when Eddie was pinching about halfway down the leg, but I guess it's a matter of perspective. I'm DAMN proud of my school and the culture we have. No single act of a single player of a single team of the HUNDREDS that we've had and thousands of plays is going to change that...and neither is poor officiating. Even IF the game was poorly called, and even IF y'all got "jobbed," A&M had nothing to do with it. We just went out and played hard.

No, Eddie is not a homosexual, and no, we are not pathetic, and no we are not wierdos. As far as your backhanded corps reference, I remember it well, and I loved every momeny of it.

I understand there are raw emotions from last year's game, and the Huskers feel they were wronged. Most Aggies disagree, and no amount of bickering is going to change either sides mind. We are both fanbases that are very loyal to our universities.

If at any point in my posting I offended anyone, I apologize. I was only attempting to defend my university. I know we aren't universally loved, and I understand the negative feelings toward it after last year.

I do know that this thread *should* be primarily about the decision of A&M to leave the Big 12-2-1, and hopefully we will all receive more fodder for that discussion in a few days when the SEC actually votes on our admission.

I understand there are raw emotions from last year's game, and the Huskers feel they were wronged. Most Aggies disagree, and no amount of bickering is going to change either sides mind. We are both fanbases that are very loyal to our universities.

Being loyal to a school doesn't excuse being honest about an outcome. Most A&M fans accepting the outcome of last year's A&M/Nebraska tilt at face value is being willfully ignorant of how they were allowed to win by officials that were statistically proven to be unfair in their games with Nebraska.

Plus, A&M fans have been willfully ignorant of the history of officiating gaffes in the Big XII because 1) they were never in contention for the Big XII title in the first place, or 2) they reaped the benefits of another team being shafted by horrible Big XII officiating.

If anything, it will be sweet, glorious schadenfreude to watch A&M receive the same type of corrupt officiating that the Big XII conference gave Nebraska last year. Maybe then you'll understand why it's disingenuous for A&M fans to even claim a victory last fall.

Or better yet, let's put these myopic A&M fans in the bottom of a dogpile, roshambo them, and see if they don't lash out in defense.

Not sure why people are knocking A&M's decision to leave the Little-12. I have to think their reasons are similar to the reasons NU left for the Big 10.

People aren't knocking their decision to leave.

We're knocking A&M's willful ignorance of how they were allowed more men on the field than Nebraska for every play of the game last fall, and they still have the balls to claim they secured a just and fair result.

If the calls were that lopsided in favor of Nebraska in Memorial Stadium, most of the fans here would be apologizing or lamenting that the victory was tainted, at least.

I suppose this is why Nebraska fans are far and away superior to A&M fans--we can be rational and honest with ourselves.

Whatever you say, sir.

Whatever you say.

But if you ARE interested in seeing the video about the penalties, take a look.

It's kinda long, but it is very well done.

You're missing the point. I'm sure penalties were called when actual penalties were committed. The issue is the 400 calls NU had against them, and the 1 against TAM. A better video would be breaking down every play of the game to see how many "missed" calls favored TAM.

It was a hose job. The end.

I don't really mind the grief the Aggie fans are getting. They were all buddy buddy last year when we were leaving and I saw plenty of comments from their fans about NU running away. Now the situation is reversed and somehow they seem to forget their comments from last year when we were leaving. Not saying that Ag here was saying any of it, but at the same time a majority of those Ag fans did say such things. It's nice to see the table turned. I do take pleasure in watching the Big 12 crumble though and some schools eyes finally being opened. Unfortunately there will be a bunch of tools, errr schools that are left out in the cold due to this shift, but it's their fault as well, they allowed Texas to run the conference by voting with them and not having the balls to do what was best for their universities.

Marauder,

Good luck with your season. After the season is over and you've received your treatment in the Big 12, let us know how the officiating was. I'm sure you'll get a nice dose of what we received from officiating last year. Good luck but welcome to losing at least 2-3 games thanks to the officiating and I'm guessing Texas will be one of those games.

Your video only shows the penalties. We're also upset about the LACK of penalties called on ...what was A&M?...The most penalized team in the big12?

Personal foul after personal foul...our coach coming out and saying the refs told him before the game they were going to screw him over...the writing is on the wall. You want to ignore it fine. But don't think you're going to come onto a Nebraska board and convince us you're one of the good guys.

Edit: Malth beat me to it.

Your video only shows the penalties. We're also upset about the LACK of penalties called on ...what was A&M?...The most penalized team in the big12?

Personal foul after personal foul...our coach coming out and saying the refs told him before the game they were going to screw him over...the writing is on the wall. You want to ignore it fine. But don't think you're going to come onto a Nebraska board and convince us you're one of the good guys.

Edit: Malth beat me to it.

1st of all, do you REALLY think if the story about the ref TELLING Bo he was gonna get screwed was true that it wouldn't have been EVERYWHERE? If it was legit, then TO, rightly, should have been raising holy hell. I simply can not believe it's true. Refs would be fired, the victory nullifed, etc if it really was the case.

I know I'm not going to convince you...y'all want to keep attacking and piling on, fine. I get it. I'm giving you the A&M perspective. You are more than welcome to keep going, telling us we're bad fans, etc. Fact is, A&M has GREAT fans. We are proud of our fanbase, hospitality, and gameday experience. Sure, we have our bad apples, but I really like to think that most people enjoy coming to Aggieland for gameday.