Taylor Throwing Motion

Ok so I was watching highlights of the first few games from last year and Taylors throwing motion was quite a bit different. His delivery was more of a Tebow type. However, he was a hell of a lot more accurate and seemed to have more velocity on his passes. Then starting about the Washington game he appeared to migrate toward what his delivery looks like now which is incredibly awkward. Why the change? I know he was a good passer in high school and even the first 4 games or so last year he was pretty decent. Did Watson change his motion to what it is now? If so, why the hell did he change it to how it is now? He's never going to be a NFL QB so why not just let him throw it the way he's comfortable?

Martinez set a Nebraska freshman record with 323 yards passing, threw a career-high five touchdown passes and the 14th-ranked Cornhuskers knocked No. 17 Oklahoma State from the ranks of the unbeaten with a 51-41 win on Saturday.

If the results are like that with any consistency, he can under hand toss for all I care.

I seem to remember certain receivers complaining how bad their hands hurt from his throws in fall camp and early in the season.

Are you being serious? For the love of god, Brett Favre used to break his receiver's fingers with his throws. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I seem to remember certain receivers complaining how bad their hands hurt from his throws in fall camp and early in the season.

seriously if there is any truth to that then we need new receivers. The best NFL QB's will often hurt their receivers hands sometimes even disfigure their fingers. It's football not patty cake!

Martinez set a Nebraska freshman record with 323 yards passing, threw a career-high five touchdown passes and the 14th-ranked Cornhuskers knocked No. 17 Oklahoma State from the ranks of the unbeaten with a 51-41 win on Saturday.

If the results are like that with any consistency, he can under hand toss for all I care.

No offense, but not a very good example to cite. Only 5 teams had a worse pass D that Okie Lite.

No offense, but not a very good example to cite. Only 5 teams had a worse pass D that Okie Lite.

Don't know why this always gets brought up. Every other QB at Nebraska has played crappy pass defenses too, and very few of them had a game that impressive. That was a great game by Martinez - he basically won the game single-handedly, and redshirt freshmen aren't supposed to do that against any kind of BCS competition. Everybody knows he needs to improve along with everybody else on the team, but if you can't at least see his potential through his performance in that game, you must just be a depressingly pessimistic fan.

It could be any number of things as to why Martinez changed his throwing motion, and each is about as likely as the next. I don't think they tried to mess with his throwing motion too much, because many coaches will tell you that messing with throwing motion this late in a career is not a good idea.

Oklahoma State would be the worst defensive team in the big 10

Oklahoma State would be the worst defensive team in the big 10

They'd be one of the worst defensive teams in just about any conference, especially in pass defense after last year.

The sad thing is they have some amazing offensive weapons (Blackmon, Weeden) yet their defense is going to lose them some games. They remind me a lot of Nebraska, just somewhat switched around. Good on one side of the ball but when that side isn't rolling on all cylinders, the other doesn't step up to the plate.