What do you most want to see out of Tennessee Chattanooga?

I hope that they do in fact run the offense that they plan to run. What I mean is, we have heard they didnt show a thing in the spring game and that what they ran that day was nothing like what the offense really is.

After awhile, I feel you really need to start running the offense you are going to rely on all year. I am not a huge believer in trying to save your offense for big games.

Run your offense see how teams are adjusting to it and adjust from that. Try to stay one step ahead. I understand that many coaches do not want to put "things on film" for other teams and that is fine.

My thinking is, if you put it on film and watch it later, you get to see how the defense adjusted, you also get to see if what the defense did on a particular play/formation worked or not. If it worked, you need to go back an make some adjustments.

I think trying to hold back to much can work against you at times.

You said it all.

I want to see:

-Which freshman runningback is going to make the most of the first game.

-Tmagic staying calm and poised in the pocket, making good decisions, throwing for 200+ (with no turnovers)

-Consistent Oline play

-A big special teams play

-Defense forcing turnovers (hopefully a pick 6)

-A long field goal

-4+ big offensive plays

-No penalties

I want to see:

-Which freshman runningback is going to make the most of the first game.

-Tmagic staying calm and poised in the pocket, making good decisions, throwing for 200+ (with no turnovers)

-Consistent Oline play

-A big special teams play

-Defense forcing turnovers (hopefully a pick 6)

-A long field goal

-4+ big offensive plays

-No penalties

Besides just becoming familiar with our new offensive philosophy, how the running back position shakes out is my big question. I think the amount of touches per back will tell us a lot going forward.

I want to see:

the evolution of the passing game. Our passing game was laughable last year, and supposedly we're going to make big strides this year. I want to see receivers getting open and catching the ball.

the skill position freshman at work - Heard, Abdullah, Turner, Green, or whatever combination they don't decide to redshirt.

a comfortable, poised, and uninjured Martinez. I want to see that he can throw it away when it's not there, that he can run out of bounds instead of take a linebacker head on, that he doesn't have to make spectacular, hero moves if the play breaks down.

O-line consistency - no sacks, limited penalties.

No turnovers.

And overall, a coherent, fast-paced, clear offensive vision. I want to see the aggression, the upscale tempo, and the simplicity we've been hearing about for months.

I'm not too worried about the defense.

I really hope that the tunnel walk is up to my ridiculously high standards. I also hope that Valentino's stocks the appropriate quantity of peperoni so as when they get to row 42 they are not already out. And if the weinerschlinger misses his target even once, I will personally write a letter to Coach Osborne.

1) Taylor Martinez for 3 quarters of football. How he has developed as a player and leader. Although an inferior opponent, is he making the correct reads? Is he throwing the ball away?

2) I want to see just exactly what the new offense is and how it will be played. Oregon didn't "hide" their offense last year, and we shouldn't this year. If you're good at what you do, it doesn't matter if people see film.

3) Brion Carnes for the 4th quarter, with the 1st team O (minus Burkhead - long season ahead of us)

4) Which freshman stand out at skill positions. This is geared towards Jamal Turner + the 3 rb's.

5) A special teams TD. Punt or kick return. And who is gonna be our #1 return guy.

6) WR's. Kenny Bell, Enunwa. Pretty much know what we're gonna get from Reed + Kinnie.

7) No sacks and a tight O line. - This game won't show me much until they play a legit team. However, if they suck, that shows me something. I hope to not be underwhelmed this game.

8) The defense. Not worried about it really, but would like to see some younger guys get some snaps and impress. Also, Stafford needs to get on the field. Also, who steps up for Dennard while he is out.

9) FUMBLES.

10) PENALTIES.

11) INJURIES.

12) BONEHEAD PLAYS. (Dropped passes, stupid mistakes such as blown assignments, refer to 9&10 as well.)

13) 9-12 better not happen. Although its the first game, so a LITTLE room for timing penalties. But I swear...more delay of game penalties I will kill myself. :bang

Other than that, I just want to enjoy the start of football season...

and our path to the national championship.

GBR.

I'm not either. I kind of makes you warm and fuzzy inside to think back a few years. For me, this is about the point I figured our defense would really start paying dividends at championship level caliber under Pelini. He did it waaaay faster than anyone realistically thought possible. It's nice to be able to say as a program that the defense is never something you worry about as long as the Brothers Pelini are on board.

I'm not either. I kind of makes you warm and fuzzy inside to think back a few years. For me, this is about the point I figured our defense would really start paying dividends at championship level caliber under Pelini. He did it waaaay faster than anyone realistically thought possible. It's nice to be able to say as a program that the defense is never something you worry about as long as the Brothers Pelini are on board.

Count me in as not worried either. I'm not sure how much Chattanooga runs the ball but I'd like to see crisp, sound tackling just because of the amount of run first teams well see in the future. For offense, how our o-line performs and of how our offense looks