Vote For Greatest Team Ever

cb1954

I would say the 1995 team is better than the 1971 team. the 95 team absolutely destroyed Florida and then next year Florida would win the title. The Big 8 conference was stronger at that time. played more ranked opponents. Stat wise superior in every way.

In 1971 the Big 8 was 7-3 vs ooc teams ranked at game time. In 1995 the Big 8 was 5-1-1 (including bowl games)

In 1971 Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado finished ranked #s 1-2-3 in the final AP poll done after the bowl games.

In 1971 Nebraska destroyed Alabama in what would be the NC game played in the Orange Bowl, Alabma did not win the NC the next year but finished 10-2, with both losses to teams ranked in the final top 5 (AP)

The stas were very close fot the 2 seasons, check the link.

My link

I would say the 1995 team is better than the 1971 team. the 95 team absolutely destroyed Florida and then next year Florida would win the title. The Big 8 conference was stronger at that time. played more ranked opponents. Stat wise superior in every way.

In 1971 the Big 8 was 7-3 vs ooc teams ranked at game time. In 1995 the Big 8 was 5-1-1 (including bowl games)

In 1971 Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado finished ranked #s 1-2-3 in the final AP poll done after the bowl games.

In 1971 Nebraska destroyed Alabama in what would be the NC game played in the Orange Bowl, Alabma did not win the NC the next year but finished 10-2, with both losses to teams ranked in the final top 5 (AP)

The stas were very close fot the 2 seasons, check the link.

My link

Good stats. But ultimately i think that manhandling Florida and then having them win it the next year would put the 95 team over the 71 even though they played in the Game of the Century. Plus Weurffel won the heisman that year(1996). Plus they didn't lose to an SEC team and only to FSU who they rematched and whipped them. To me atleast looks a little more impressive.