"Big 10" Family Portrait

GSG

Big 8:

Mpost69Big8Family.jpg

why is OU an indian?

That was my first thought. My feeling is a "Sooner" is the opposite of a Native American. Not only did Sooners steal the land from these people during the Farmstead Act; they cheated in the process.

Maybe my History is incorrect... :dunno

that's what i thought. i thought where they got 'sooner' was pretty well known. i guess when in doubt, assume it's a racist mascot?

Big 8:

Mpost69Big8Family.jpg

why is OU an indian?

That was my first thought. My feeling is a "Sooner" is the opposite of a Native American. Not only did Sooners steal the land from these people during the Farmstead Act; they cheated in the process.

Maybe my History is incorrect... :dunno

they probably have an indian because after the US gov shipped (i.e. the trail of tears) the american indians out of the eastern US in the 1830's, they were relocated to the oklahoma territory. my dates might be off and it might not have been called the oklahoma territory, but oklahoma is the area where they were forced to move to.

Anyone notice the Longhorns in the crotches of Nebraska and Indiana? Is this how TX will try to find a home once they've destroyed the Big Dwindle?

Not until you said something, damn it lol

btw, wh were you looking at the crotches of the mascots? o_O

I was studying how the artist digitally inserted N and noticed that IU's legs were used for NU. I like to pay attention to the small details like hopefully the team is doing!