Help with a husker beer bottle cap table

So i want to make a 5foot by 2foot beer bottle cap table using red black and silver beer bottle caps. What I want to do is have a black border with the red huskers cursive script filled in with silver. I am trying to figure out a way to plan the patter out on the computer as a road map. I didn't know if some of you tech savvy guys have any way of helping me out? I figure each bottle cap is a 1/2 by 1/2 quick guess.So the table would be 48 caps wide by 120 caps long. Didn't know if you could take a pic of the husker cursive script and then put a bunch of circles over it and make a pattern? Here is a pic of a block N I have seen done but want a longer table. Will upload pic shortly? Thanks for any help that can be provided!

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

though I am a bit late to the party here I was also considering making a table out of beer caps and was deciding on design and how I would execute it when I happened to find this video (yes I realize its Wisconsin but the execution for a Nebraska table would be similar).

I figured that I would share it with the forum if someone else was viewing this thread looking for ideas on a project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=107ywE-_JzQ