Mr. Tyson's speed

Blaze1up

Tyson feasted on tomato cans for a good portion of his pro career, but that doesn't change the fact that he had one of the most brutishly vicious uppercuts in the history of the sport. God almighty could that kid hit.

He wasn't a great technician though, and that's why I'd take the likes of Ali or Louis or Marciano over him, all in their primes of course. Tyson was one of the best pure punchers to ever step in the ring, but he wasn't one of the best boxers, if that makes sense.

• Fire 1

Tyson in his prime is the best boxer ever. He was almost as fast as Ali, he was as powerful a puncher as Foreman, and he was as great a defender as anyone. Nobody else has been as effective with the duck and weave as Tyson in his prime, he was very disciplined with protecting himself with his gloves, and nobody has ever counter-punched as viciously as Tyson.

I have all the respect in the world for Ali and Frazier, but Tyson in his prime is one of the scariest things I've ever seen.

I like watching his fights when he was younger, too, before he went insane. He was actually a good guy, and displayed great sportsmanship for boxing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO9oazcxBjE&feature=related

Nobody has been as effective with the duck and weave as Tyson? Have you watched Ali's fights? Muhammad Ali was the most graceful heavyweight boxer of all time. That man could literally float like a butterfly - that wasn't hyperbole. He was graceful and fluid, and his ability to let haymakers and combos slip past him was unparalleled:

The greatest fight of all time would be Muhammad Ali in his prime vs. Mike Tyson in his prime. Either, if they landed 'the shot,' could level the other. Both could dodge punches like crazy. Ali had that length and leverage, Tyson had the compact power. It would be an absolutely great fight. Legendary.

If I had to pick a winner between the two in their prime, I'd take Tyson, but just barely. Ali would definitely have a shot to win - WAY more than a "puncher's chance" - but I gotta believe that late in that fight, after slowing Ali's feet just enough with body work, Tyson would be able to land that one devastating, crushing shot that he was so famous for. Ali may be able to withstand that punch (the man could take a punch better than Rocky), but he wouldn't be the same after.

Nobody has been as effective with the duck and weave as Tyson? Have you watched Ali's fights? Muhammad Ali was the most graceful heavyweight boxer of all time. That man could literally float like a butterfly - that wasn't hyperbole. He was graceful and fluid, and his ability to let haymakers and combos slip past him was unparalleled:

Ali was great at dodging punches, probably better than Tyson. But he didn't utilize the "duck and weave" technique the same way Tyson did.

Between Ali in his prime and Tyson in his prime, it probably depends on how long the fight goes. If that fight were to go past 5 rounds, I'd take Ali. I don't think it would get past 5 rounds though, unless Ali tried the rope-a-dope, and I don't think the rope-a-dope would have worked on Tyson - he didn't punch himself out when he was in his prime. He was patient and waited for the right moment, and then all it took was one punch. Would have been one hell of a fight... The biggest shame of Tyson's career is that during his prime, he didn't have any great rival to prove himself against like Ali had Frazier.

Here's a great interview with both Ali and Tyson, complimenting each other on their abilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi_a_KZ8Yao&feature=related