What did we learn???

walksalone

I learned what I have every gameday. It is college football and things happen every week that surprise you. Are we a good team? yes. Can we improve? yes. I guarantee if we blow out Washington next week every person who says we suck this week will say we are great. It's a season of comedy on here. 18 to 22 year old kids. Most people don't seem to get that when they bash on these kids. So much so, i wish we could line them up against these kids and see how much they talk after that. GO BIG RED! All day, everyday!

• Fire 1

1. We need Dennard back and I mean yesterday. The sooner we shut down half the field, the better.

2. The defense is mortal after all. Line got basically no pressure and was endlessly exposed on simple rollouts.

3. O-line is self-explanatory, though they did show up at the end.

4. Taylor is a reckless quarterback with no ability to handle a football and will account for half a million turnovers before the season is over or he's benched. The real criticism will start coming when his athleticism against inferior opponents no longer outweighs his mistakes against superior ones.

5. We weren't the only team to struggle today, but national championship teams aren't led for forty minutes by a soggy opponent like this. Alabama left a stain where Penn State used to be and LSU murderated Oregon on opening night. Nebraska is severely, severely overrated. Forget looking to Wisconsin. That team that humiliated us in the bowl game last year is coming to town next weekend. My guess is they'll be practicing rollouts until a QB blows a knee or they win by three touchdowns.

6. Ameer Abdullah. Enough said.

7. Brandon Kinnie, I dub thee Niles the Second. May you look helplessly at your hands forever.

8. Justin Blatchford. Enough said...the other way.

9. Sexy Rexy will kill'em if they're not putting nine in the box.

10. Tim Beck––you're more Watson than anyone is comfortable with at this point. I hope you succeed. Consider my skepticism of you unchanged.

• Fire 1

I learned that our D suffers without Dennard, greatly. He is important to what we do.

Our D line struggles at times, but can get fired up as well. Maybe a case of overlooking the opponent.

O Line put their sh!t together in the 4th quarter, which was nice. but 3 quarters of garbage is not good.

Huskerboard is gonna have meltdowns all the time.

But really? Not much. We played a Fresno team that prides itself on beating teams 'any place, anywhere' and they came to play. They've taken some of the best teams to the buzzer and they did it to us too. I think we will see more improvement from now to next week then from week 1 to week 2.

Oh, and Turner needs the ball more.