Audibles

I'm going to watch the game again, but I feel that many times when we were going to run a play, Martinez calls a hard count and then looks to the sideline for an audible. Do we feel like these are working? Beck is upstairs signaling down to the coaches on the field who are then signaling to Martinez.

Also, Martinez is calling his own audibles several times after reading the defense.....what is our success rate after an audible is called?

In the end I feel there was some success here espcially late in the game.

I'm going to watch the game again, but I feel that many times when we were going to run a play, Martinez calls a hard count and then looks to the sideline for an audible. Do we feel like these are working? Beck is upstairs signaling down to the coaches on the field who are then signaling to Martinez.

Also, Martinez is calling his own audibles several times after reading the defense.....what is our success rate after an audible is called?

Taylor has actually graded out very high in his audibles at the line. I know week one he changed the play several times when Beck was wanting to run a play to see how it would work and Taylor read the defense and changed it. They finally had to tell him to run the play so they could get it on tape. Many of our big plays this year have come on his change calls. The coaches have been very happy with that aspect and they stated he is ahead of where they thought he would be with those after only 2 games.

It's pretty much exactly how Kansas ran their pre-snap with Reesing. I hated it then and it still annoys me now, but I can't argue against the fact that it can be pretty successful if the D shows it's hand.

It's quite the little set up though. The possible new play has o be routed through a few people. I don't believe they have had a delay of game

The delay-of-game penalty that sticks out to me is the one we got when Yoshi ripped up his hand. He was walking to the locker room, down the field, and the clock started. Our guys weren't looking at the clock, they were watching Yoshi and the trainers go down the field to the locker room, and by the time we got to the line there was maybe eight seconds left. They threw the flag, Bo called the Ref over and told him that we still had an injured guy on the field, and the Ref didn't fix the call.

I don't think we've had any other DOG penalties, but I haven't watched the game on TV yet.

Taylor has actually graded out very high in his audibles at the line. I know week one he changed the play several times when Beck was wanting to run a play to see how it would work and Taylor read the defense and changed it. They finally had to tell him to run the play so they could get it on tape. Many of our big plays this year have come on his change calls. The coaches have been very happy with that aspect and they stated he is ahead of where they thought he would be with those after only 2 games.

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

They have said this in multiple interviews. Beck said that a couple of Martinez's long touchdown runs were him audibling at the line. They also say he is reading the defense really well.

How do you know this?

They have said this in multiple interviews. Beck said that a couple of Martinez's long touchdown runs were him audibling at the line. They also say he is reading the defense really well.

Correct. I read something along those lines fromt the Big Red Breakfast transcript last week. Also, 2 of Taylor's 40+ yd TD's (1 vs UTC, and the last 1 vs Fresno) were audibles.

How do you know this?

I asked. Plus what they said.