Crick

huskers1

After watching the game last night it's extremely disappointing that his effort is well below par. I don't know what his deal is but there were several, several plays where he just gets pushed around like a freakin high schooler. Even one of the announcers made the comment to the tone of "and crick just got pushed to the ground". If he's just saving his body so he doesn't get hurt he can just get the hell out of here now. It pisses me off to see someone that should be dominating get manhandled at times. If he's not going to give it his all then give me Guy or Rome any day.

Crick was close to a couple sacks/tfl's missing them by just a hair. The entire line looked bad, not just him. Rolling out the qb doesn't lead to DTs getting sacks. And I'm not calling you a liar, but I don't ever remember hearing the tv say "Crick just got pushed to the ground." I heard them say "we're not calling his name much," but that's a little different.

I'm not comparing him to Suh at all. I don't expect him to be Suh or Glover or Peter or anyone else. What I do expect is that he plays as hard as he can on every play. If you watch the game again you will see him loafing around on a fair amount of the plays. It has nothing to do with rolling the pocket bc I obviously don't expect him to be able to get to the qb easily on those plays. It has to do with him getting blown off the ball on run plays. Or just playing patty-cake with the lineman not even trying to make it to the play. He needs to pick his effort up by about 50% at least.

Yes the announcer said he just got shoved over. I remember him saying he hasn't called his name much as well but it was in addition to that comment.

wow just wow. Did you not see him get double teamed the whole game? Do you not understand our 2 gap defensive philosphy? Why david and compton had 15 tackles each? Why steinkuler had a decent game for once because they double crick? Why they rolled the pocket every play to stay away from our Dline?

Suh was a freak in our defensive philosphy, Carl Pelini said it over and over. Suh wasnt supposed to get alot of sacks and tackles for loss, but he would just blow up the doubles because he is a freak of nature, and rose the expectations of stupid nebraska fans everywhere. There is a reason Crick is an all american...because he is good, no one will ever be Suh.

• Fire 2

Dude I'm not comparing him to Suh and never said anything about Suh. He's a PRE-SEASON All American bc he had a great season last year. That was last year. This is this year. No I actually didn't see him get double teamed all that often. At times, sure. Go back and watch the game again. And if you can honestly tell me that you think Crick is giving max effort on every play-I still won't agree with you-but oh well.

We have a gap control defense. Always have. When the secondary is shutting down the recievers the Dline has time to get to the qb. Stop and think about Suh's senior season. How many games did he have sacks? He had some stellar performances but remember Texas Tech keeping him in check? Remember KU controlling him?

To me a DT is to take up blockers. If Crick is drawing a double team regularly he's doing his job.

What I'm talking about is his effort. I know one great attribute he has always had was his motor and want to. He has always played relentlessly and SO FAR this year he has not been his usual self when it comes to that. I'm not saying he's not supremely talented bc he obviously is. He's just not giving even close to the effort he has given in the past for whatever reason.

Crick was close to a couple sacks/tfl's missing them by just a hair. The entire line looked bad, not just him. Rolling out the qb doesn't lead to DTs getting sacks. And I'm not calling you a liar, but I don't ever remember hearing the tv say "Crick just got pushed to the ground." I heard them say "we're not calling his name much," but that's a little different.

They did, it was on a run up the middle by FS, he ran himself out of the play against his double team. It looked like out of frustration he just stopped fighting the double-team once he realized what he had done and got shoved on his backside.

Though I'm not sure what else he was expected to do there? exert a ton of energy trying to fight a double-team to get back to the hole the running-back was already through? The disappointing part wasn't the end, it was that he ran himself out of the play.

What I'm talking about is his effort. I know one great attribute he has always had was his motor and want to. He has always played relentlessly and SO FAR this year he has not been his usual self when it comes to that. I'm not saying he's not supremely talented bc he obviously is. He's just not giving even close to the effort he has given in the past for whatever reason.

Go play a snap next to him and then give us an opinion on whether or not he is giving it his all.

• Fire 1