Crick

huskers1

What I'm talking about is his effort. I know one great attribute he has always had was his motor and want to. He has always played relentlessly and SO FAR this year he has not been his usual self when it comes to that. I'm not saying he's not supremely talented bc he obviously is. He's just not giving even close to the effort he has given in the past for whatever reason.

Go play a snap next to him and then give us an opinion on whether or not he is giving it his all.

I do not think huskers1 is off the mark, though. You don't have to be able to play a snap next to him to say that! It's like saying "go throw a better ball than Taylor Martinez and then come back and tell us if he's bad at leading his receivers or not."

There is no position group that we had more confidence in than the ridiculously deep DTs. Crick was the star of that and he has had a bit of an underwhelming two games, by the high standards to which he should be held. We are hoping for All-American with him, remember.

What I'm talking about is his effort. I know one great attribute he has always had was his motor and want to. He has always played relentlessly and SO FAR this year he has not been his usual self when it comes to that. I'm not saying he's not supremely talented bc he obviously is. He's just not giving even close to the effort he has given in the past for whatever reason.

Go play a snap next to him and then give us an opinion on whether or not he is giving it his all.

Yes bc that will really determine whether or not he's giving it his all. He did have about ten plays where he showed off how good he is. But he also had about 20 plays where I saw him almost literally just standing across from the guy who blocked him while the play was still going on. I'm not saying he would have made the play but at least bust your ass to attempt to. He didn't do that. I'm sorry to bust on our homegrown Husker but I saw these plays with my own eyes. If you can go back and watch the game do it.

Because everyone, meaning most of the "talking heads", have already anointed Crick, the "next Suh".

That has to put an immense amount of pressure on the kid. In this day an age, it's nearly impossible for this to happen, but he needs to tune them out.

Not too mention, he's been getting double teamed, and the last game, it's been awhile since I've seen a kid get held that much, and not get more than one call. At one point, I was wondering when they were gonna take the saddle off of Crick...

After watching the game last night it's extremely disappointing that his effort is well below par. I don't know what his deal is but there were several, several plays where he just gets pushed around like a freakin high schooler. Even one of the announcers made the comment to the tone of "and crick just got pushed to the ground". If he's just saving his body so he doesn't get hurt he can just get the hell out of here now. It pisses me off to see someone that should be dominating get manhandled at times. If he's not going to give it his all then give me Guy or Rome any day.

Wow. Your intellect is superb.

After watching the game last night it's extremely disappointing that his effort is well below par. I don't know what his deal is but there were several, several plays where he just gets pushed around like a freakin high schooler. Even one of the announcers made the comment to the tone of "and crick just got pushed to the ground". If he's just saving his body so he doesn't get hurt he can just get the hell out of here now. It pisses me off to see someone that should be dominating get manhandled at times. If he's not going to give it his all then give me Guy or Rome any day.

That's a pretty inappropriate and juvenile comment wouldn't you say?

No I would not say. Forming reasoning that Crick, a 21 year old college student, might be "saving his body" and that his effort is "below par", all from the highly informative location of your living room recliner, I would say that is inappropriate. "He can just get the hell out of here", really? My god Suh couldn't have gotten a sack against the offense they were running. Go rewatch the game tape, Crick got double teamed and held like mad. Preseason All American doesnt mean 5 sacks a game.

• Fire 1

We have a gap control defense. Always have. When the secondary is shutting down the recievers the Dline has time to get to the qb. Stop and think about Suh's senior season. How many games did he have sacks? He had some stellar performances but remember Texas Tech keeping him in check? Remember KU controlling him?

To me a DT is to take up blockers. If Crick is drawing a double team regularly he's doing his job.

Exactly. He is probably being told to absorb those blockers at the point of attack, not vacate his area and take down the RB if he enters his gap. He did his job and like others said, was held several times, and very close to sacking the QB. Remember the play Carr just stepped up in the pocket and avoided Crick? at 285 pounds coming around a corner like that, there is nothing he could have done on that play.

No I would not say. Forming reasoning that Crick, a 21 year old college student, might be "saving his body" and that his effort is "below par", all from the highly informative location of your living room recliner, I would say that is inappropriate. "He can just get the hell out of here", really? My god Suh couldn't have gotten a sack against the offense they were running. Go rewatch the game tape, Crick got double teamed and held like mad. Preseason All American doesnt mean 5 sacks a game.

That's a matter of opinion. It has nothing to do with intellect.

Just sayin'.

That's a matter of opinion. It has nothing to do with intellect.

Just sayin'.

Yes it does.

Let me rephrase: it doesn't indicate inferior intellect.

Yeah, he's making observations "from the highly informative location of [his] living room recliner". Who on this message board isn't? Does the fact that those observations aren't entirely positive make them less valid? Guess how many people can 100% positively say that they're giving all-out effort on every play from scrimmage? One. The guy on the field wearing the #94 jersey. Anyone else's opinion is just that. Yes, I'm aware that the Pelini Bros.' D line philosophy is generally to gear toward containment, and you're not going to see anybody doing anything remotely close to what Suh did in '09. That doesn't necessarily mean that Crick isn't underacheiving, but God forbid that somebody actually suggest that he is...