Crick

huskers1

I'd like to see more from quick, last week the D was out coached and Fresno had a smart QB who was able to stay out of trouble, I also don't think the line had opportunity for coverage sacks last week. All thay said crick was not legendary but he is the least of my concerns.

Crick is not a big concern for me either. However, can you imagine (to not give the Suh comparison) Grant Wistrom, Vaden Bosch, Peter, etc. without giving a balls to the wall on every play? Great performances bring on great expectations and I know he can do so much better than he has the first two games. That's why I'm so frustrated. I'm hoping he picks it up starting the Washington game. When he starts dominating everyone on here will see what I'm talking about.

Ok let me specifically point out what plays I'm referring to:

1. 2:10 left in the 1st quarter-On this one he may have gotten held but he basically got thrown to the ground after just standing there.

2. 14:27 left in the 3rd quarter-Breaks through the line, however appears to be jogging then over-runs the play and appears to not even try to make the tackle-then gets thrown to the ground. This is the play I was talking about earlier when the commentator says "he over ran the play then just gets pushed to the ground".

3. 12:08 left in the 3rd quarter- jogs to the right then doesn't even fight to get back to the RB. Continues to just stand across from the RB while he runs for over 20 yards.

4. 8:19 left in the 3rd quarter-probably more of a run fit issue but Crick is just cat fighting w/ the lineman while the RB runs right up the middle for 15 yards.

5. 6:44 left in the 3rd quarter- Play goes for no gain but Crick again shows no want-to to get to the ball. Steinkhuler-lined up on the opposite side of the play-gets the tackle. This could have been more flow and hold plug by Crick. Still not good effort by Crick.

6. .08 seconds left in the 3rd-Crick, single teamed, gets pushed back about 7-8 yards. Ball going away from him but still showed no fight or want to to hit the RB.

7. 9:27 left in the 4th quarter-Crick, double teamed, nobody filled, but Crick got driven back and seemed completely content on just accounting for 2 linemen being taken up.

8. 7:25 left in the 4th quarter-Crick holds off lineman well but play literally goes right by him and instead of going for the tackle appears to jump to avoid David hitting his knees. Play goes for 5 yards when Crick had him for a loss.

My point is not that Crick is not a good player or doesn't care about winning or the team. He did get held a hell of a lot and it's obvious he's an elite pass rusher. My point is that no matter if your double teamed, single teamed, play going away from you, whatever. You should want to get every hit on every player you can. You should want to damn near rip the other players heads off and he just appeared that he was perfectly fine with other players getting their licks in. Call me whatever you want but I saw what I saw and I've seen it 4 times now. I know I know-it's only 8 plays. However, there were countless others where if the play went away from him he would just jog down the line.

Lol

1. 2:10 left in the 1st quarter-On this one he may have gotten held but he basically got thrown to the ground after just standing there.

2. 14:27 left in the 3rd quarter-Breaks through the line, however appears to be jogging then over-runs the play and appears to not even try to make the tackle-then gets thrown to the ground. This is the play I was talking about earlier when the commentator says "he over ran the play then just gets pushed to the ground".

3. 12:08 left in the 3rd quarter- jogs to the right then doesn't even fight to get back to the RB. Continues to just stand across from the RB while he runs for over 20 yards.

4. 8:19 left in the 3rd quarter-probably more of a run fit issue but Crick is just cat fighting w/ the lineman while the RB runs right up the middle for 15 yards.

5. 6:44 left in the 3rd quarter- Play goes for no gain but Crick again shows no want-to to get to the ball. Steinkhuler-lined up on the opposite side of the play-gets the tackle. This could have been more flow and hold plug by Crick. Still not good effort by Crick.

6. .08 seconds left in the 3rd-Crick, single teamed, gets pushed back about 7-8 yards. Ball going away from him but still showed no fight or want to to hit the RB.

7. 9:27 left in the 4th quarter-Crick, double teamed, nobody filled, but Crick got driven back and seemed completely content on just accounting for 2 linemen being taken up.

8. 7:25 left in the 4th quarter-Crick holds off lineman well but play literally goes right by him and instead of going for the tackle appears to jump to avoid David hitting his knees. Play goes for 5 yards when Crick had him for a loss.

My point is not that Crick is not a good player or doesn't care about winning or the team. He did get held a hell of a lot and it's obvious he's an elite pass rusher. My point is that no matter if your double teamed, single teamed, play going away from you, whatever. You should want to get every hit on every player you can. You should want to damn near rip the other players heads off and he just appeared that he was perfectly fine with other players getting their licks in. Call me whatever you want but I saw what I saw and I've seen it 4 times now. I know I know-it's only 8 plays. However, there were countless others where if the play went away from him he would just jog down the line.

Lol

What are you ten? Are we having a text conversation now? And someone made the comment that I didn't have an intelligent post. Expand on your three letters if you don't agree. Did you even go watch those plays? If you did then either you are a coach or player on the team and know exactly what the scheme and Crick were intended to do on those plays or you're blind.

Lol

What are you ten? Are we having a text conversation now? And someone made the comment that I didn't have an intelligent post. Expand on your three letters if you don't agree. Did you even go watch those plays? If you did then either you are a coach or player on the team and know exactly what the scheme and Crick were intended to do on those plays or you're blind.

Nope. I don't have the time to dissect your post at moment, because I honestly disagree with that much of it. I'm not sure if Crick mad dogged you at Walmart or something or other, but jeez dude. I'll try and sit down and get you some film.of what I'm seeing compared to what you are in the near future.

In the meantime you could maybe find me some plays in the game which explain why we should get Taylor Martinez "the hell outta here" because after he hands the ball off to Rex he isn't showing effort by sprinting down field and laying a block on a linebacker.

Crick was close to a couple sacks/tfl's missing them by just a hair. The entire line looked bad, not just him. Rolling out the qb doesn't lead to DTs getting sacks. And I'm not calling you a liar, but I don't ever remember hearing the tv say "Crick just got pushed to the ground." I heard them say "we're not calling his name much," but that's a little different.

He was also held countless times