Short breakdown of LB play

Hercules

I wish there were more articles like this, written about the substance of the game instead of just vague commentary.

In his weekly press conference, Bo Pelini pulled few punches. He said his team, particularly his defense, needed to execute better. His comment about his linebacking corps - "they made some plays, they made a lot of mistakes" - raised some eyebrows considering how the NU linebackers filled the stat sheet with tackles. Why the criticism? With apologies to Tracy Morgan the incomparable Jay Mohr - LOOK AT THE GAME TAPE. In re-watching the Fresno State game, the linebackers' miscues were apparent. In fact, three common ones all appeared on the same Bulldog scoring drive.

Fantastic article. Man I wish Fischer would step his play up. He's been disappointing.

I respect Sean though, I want to make that clear. There are an awful lot of players who would have thrown in the towel after suffering the injuries he did, so I admire his perseverance. And he's a brilliant kid, an exceptional student who any parent would be proud of.

These, however, are not the qualities I look for in a competent LB. Sean is freakin killing us out there.

• Fire 1

Yeah, excellent find. I think people would be surprised how much more interested fans are in really understanding the game of football. You don't see many articles like this compared to the usual buffet of fluff. I wonder if its papers believe it's too boring to print or their writers don't really have any better idea of the game than the average fan.