Board upgrade

Husker_Power

Is it my phone.... or is mobile not working correctly? I only get full site on my mobile.

I have the same issue, the link at the bottom to switch to mobile doesn't seem to work either.

When you click "Change Theme", do you see a pop out list of all the possible themes? If you do, when you click "IP.Board Mobile" it just does...nothing?

Sorry - I don't own a cell phone, so I can't try it myself, which is why I'm asking.

Great job on the upgrade guys! Seriously, there's gonna be a few issues no matter when it happens.

Two things:

I notice when I cut and paste something into a post the attributes of the text often appear in the post--such as huge letter size or bold, etc. For example, I sometimes will cut and paste a guy's name to ensure I get the right spelling. And it ends up looking like this: Stanley Jean-Baptiste (And all the text after that cut-and-paste continues to look that way.)

Is there some way to "paste special" to only keep the text for a cut-and-paste? Like in MS Word.

One other thing is that I've tried to post several youtube videos. I can't seem to get them to work, even though I'm following the instructions above (picture frame icon next to the "<>" thing). Are certain videos blocked or something, due to, say, copyright issues? (Or youtube issues?)

Here's a video I tried to post a while ago (the 10 second "no God no" Michael Scott vid), but couldn't when I chose the "picture frame" icon.

But if I simply include the youtube url in quotes it seems to work:

"

")

These might be due to user error--me. Or maybe there are work-arounds for them.

Again, great job on the upgrade guys!!

edit: One other minor thing: I miss the description line under the thread titles. I'm wondering if that's an option that can be enabled on the upgrade.

A couple of things have happened in the past week. Last Friday IPBoard, the software maker that creates the kind of message board we use, supplied an upgrade to their product. We implemented it, but it caused many things to "break." A lot of guys worked really hard behind the scenes to fix what was broken (not me, think zoogies, AR Husker Fan, and some other guys that barely ever post but are vital) did some major work in the background to get stuff fixed.

Unfortunately, we've been having ongoing "crash" problems that have nothing to do with the software upgrade that came out last Friday. That prompted a server move, which we accomplished today, over the past couple of hours. I would guess that, during that server migration/upgrade, some stuff got lost.

The hope is that, now that we've got new board software and a new server, crashing HuskerBoard should be a thing of the past. There may still be some bugs to work out, and we'll get those as soon as we can, but for the next couple of days please bear with us.

Of course, as always, please post news here of anything you find that is broken or is causing problems. We'll do our best to fix them ASAP. And by "we" I mean the guys who know how to do this stuff. I'm clueless. :)

slacker, Eric the Red, and Blackshirt are those other guys :) And definitely, without them HB wouldn't be anywhere.

nuance I've noticed it is now a WYSIWIG posting interface by default. The first icon in the editor - a light switch i guess but it's hard to tell - turns that off and you go back to the plain text BBcode. The what-you-see-is-what-you-get messes some things up especially when you quote that I've noticed. Haven't looked at it in great detail.

nuance I've noticed it is now a WYSIWIG posting interface by default. The first icon in the editor - a light switch i guess but it's hard to tell - turns that off and you go back to the plain text BBcode. The what-you-see-is-what-you-get messes some things up especially when you quote that I've noticed. Haven't looked at it in great detail.

Thanks. You guys do a pretty awesome job.

Yeah, I found that really annoying as well. You have to switch to the basic plain text editor. I wish there were a way to turn that on by default. I haven't found one yet.

See the image for how to do so ;)

newipblightswitch.png

Thanks for the responses in this thread -- it's very helpful and maybe we can even get some of that stuff changed. For all the good that an upgrade brings, there always seem to be a few UI/design choices that just leave us scratching our heads.

For all the good that an upgrade brings, there always seem to be a few UI/design choices that just leave us scratching our heads.

Yep. I've never understood why they remove or change quality features for no apparent reason. Microsoft killed the toolbar in Windows 7 and while there's a workaround, it's not as elegant. Programmers seem to do stuff like this all the time. Weird.

One of the things I'm having a hard time getting used to is the forum navigation tool being at the top instead of the bottom. I keep looking down there to move from forum to forum and have to remember that it's up top now.

Funny, I found it an improvement, since it added breadcrumbs at the bottom - when you reach the end of the thread, just look down and click where you want to go. The breadcrumbs are just above the dark gray bar. For example, in this thread you can navigate up the tree by clicking "Board Feedback", "Other Stuff" or "HuskerBoard.com - Husker Message Board". I find that much handier.

One of the things I'm having a hard time getting used to is the forum navigation tool being at the top instead of the bottom. I keep looking down there to move from forum to forum and have to remember that it's up top now.

Funny, I found it an improvement, since it added breadcrumbs at the bottom - when you reach the end of the thread, just look down and click where you want to go. The breadcrumbs are just above the dark gray bar. For example, in this thread you can navigate up the tree by clicking "Board Feedback", "Other Stuff" or "HuskerBoard.com - Husker Message Board". I find that much handier.

Yeah, too bad knapp is different than everyone esle.