Secondary Problems

SECHusker

Maybe our Secondary coach should be doing film study instead of staying out at Amatuer Strip Night until 2 in the morning on a Wednesday night

??? could you elaborate on this one?

I think it's pretty clear

not really. anyone can come on a message board and just make something up..... is this something being reported somewhere else?

Maybe our Secondary coach should be doing film study instead of staying out at Amatuer Strip Night until 2 in the morning on a Wednesday night

I think it's pretty clear your goal here is to throw dirt on Raymond. You have six posts, three of which are about some allegation that Raymond was at an amateur strip event (as if that's somehow a bad thing???).

This is the part where you post proof or go away.

I do not agree with this at all. He played a great game. Where was Baker Steinkuhler? On the bench for Moore most of the second half. Chase Rome backed up Moore later on. Steinkuhler is not playing well at all. Crick had a few great plays, was doubled nearly every play, held continually, and generally dominated the third quarter. The DE, whoever it is at the time, opposite of Meredith has been blown off the ball all season as well. Ankrah, Williams, Carter, all getting smashed.

Not sure if serious.

Crick was whipped all game, just as he has been this year. I said it a week ago that Crick has constantly been washed out of plays and his motor just hasn't been there all year. Today was no different. Very bad game from him.

I do not agree with this at all. He played a great game. Where was Baker Steinkuhler? On the bench for Moore most of the second half. Chase Rome backed up Moore later on. Steinkuhler is not playing well at all. Crick had a few great plays, was doubled nearly every play, held continually, and generally dominated the third quarter. The DE, whoever it is at the time, opposite of Meredith has been blown off the ball all season as well. Ankrah, Williams, Carter, all getting smashed.

Not sure if serious.

Crick was whipped all game, just as he has been this year. I said it a week ago that Crick has constantly been washed out of plays and his motor just hasn't been there all year. Today was no different. Very bad game from him.

Crick has been our third best DLineman at times this year.

I hope the posters who thought I was out of my mind for starting a thread for Cricks lack of fire and poor performance saw this. Two our most respected posters think the same thing. For whatever reason Crick is not performing up to par. Not only is he playing poorly, his effort is nowhere near where it needs to be.

Because coaches have to be work, work, work, work, 24/7?

Not only do you have no proof of your allegations, and continue to spout them, but I highly doubt you never take time for yourself.

I hope the posters who thought I was out of my mind for starting a thread for Cricks lack of fire and poor performance saw this. Two our most respected posters think the same thing. For whatever reason Crick is not performing up to par. Not only is he playing poorly, his effort is nowhere near where it needs to be.

I hope no one gets it twisted that I'm ragging on Crick's talent. I know the kid is an animal, but I have to agree with the fact he isn't playing with the 'hair of fire' type mentality he had in the past. Too many times I see him get washed out of a hole, and seemingly just give up on the play to give no effort after. It also doesn't help that we are no substituting as much as we have in previous seasons, and Crick has been on the field alot in the early games.

I suspect he will get alot of rest this week. Not for the fact we will run Wyoming off the field, but the entire team is gonna feel the effects of playing 7200 feet above sea level. Gonna be a TON of substituting in our next game.

I think we had them pretty well stopped up until we went up 44-17. the game was over and they went into prevent mode. I don't think there's any reason to panic just because we gave up a couple of touchdowns in garbage time

I hate this excuse, but it's totally true. For starters, you don't go into prevent mode with 10 minutes left. And you sure as sh*t don't give up 21 points in 6 minutes in prevent mode.

We need Dennard.

I hope no one gets it twisted that I'm ragging on Crick's talent. I know the kid is an animal, but I have to agree with the fact he isn't playing with the 'hair of fire' type mentality he had in the past. Too many times I see him get washed out of a hole, and seemingly just give up on the play to give no effort after. It also doesn't help that we are no substituting as much as we have in previous seasons, and Crick has been on the field alot in the early games.

I suspect he will get alot of rest this week. Not for the fact we will run Wyoming off the field, but the entire team is gonna feel the effects of playing 7200 feet above sea level. Gonna be a TON of substituting in our next game.

I very much agree with you that Crick has not been giving his all. I'm disappointed in what I've seen from our DTs as a group thus far, and from the defense as a unit.

We keep hearing about how we have so much depth we have. Where is that depth? We've played a couple of guys here and there on defense, but more and more it's looking like we simply don't trust these guys. If you don't trust your second- and third-string guys, you don't have depth, you have bodies.

Let's see this depth. Let's stop teams from racking up 400 yards of offense on us.