Wyoming scares me

melscott62

Wyoming deserves every hit, sack, interception, and Taylor Martinez touchdown for wearing those brown and yellow atrocities they call "uniforms."

This game will be ugly in more ways than one, for the Cowboys at least.

We love our colors precisely because everyone else hates them. Unfortunately, we let Nike in the door and this is what they've done to us this year. I don't know what combination they'll be wearing for the game...

4e1ce4f16b1b8.image.jpg

232803.jpg

The 9-11 helmet.

There's not a damn thing we haven't heard about our colors, so don't even waste your time. The colors are the colors and the whole world can kiss our ass.

I think the flat black helmet with black logo looks pretty badass actually. I wish Nebraska would do some special event uniforms. If they did, the West Stadium Grayhairs would self-implode

Wyoming deserves every hit, sack, interception, and Taylor Martinez touchdown for wearing those brown and yellow atrocities they call "uniforms."

This game will be ugly in more ways than one, for the Cowboys at least.

We love our colors precisely because everyone else hates them. Unfortunately, we let Nike in the door and this is what they've done to us this year. I don't know what combination they'll be wearing for the game...

4e1ce4f16b1b8.image.jpg

232803.jpg

The 9-11 helmet.

There's not a damn thing we haven't heard about our colors, so don't even waste your time. The colors are the colors and the whole world can kiss our ass.

I think the flat black helmet with black logo looks pretty badass actually. I wish Nebraska would do some special event uniforms. If they did, the West Stadium Grayhairs would self-implode

They're flat brown actually. But yeah, even an old die hard like me will admit that they don't look too bad.

hopefully it snows that will make it interesting

It's a bit early for blizzard whiteout conditions, but we've played in that kind of weather many times. Two years ago, we had to postpone the game a couple of hours so New Mexico could make it over the summit from Cheyenne. As a freshman, we got to the stadium early to save seats for our fraternity brothers. One game there was so much snow in the stands we made "snow fans" on the seats and they were scattered among the student section. Read Steve Young's autobiography, he has a nice, and unflattering, memory of playing in bad Laramie weather while at BYU. For this Saturday it's supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of 74 degrees and a low of 44. The game kicks off at 5:30 p.m. local, so it will be in the mid 60s, I'd guess, by halftime.

Wyoming might hang aroun for the first quarter. Thye just don't have the athletes like Nebraska, nor do they have the depth along the front lines.

Nebraska rolls, in a big way.

We should win but I don't think in the style we would all expect.

Most teams that play Nebraska it's their biggest game of the year. We are the team on everybodys schedule that is circled, highlighted and underlined twice.

Nebraska has a permanent bullseye tattoo on its back.

Everybody guns for the Big Red (comes with being such a badass program for so long)...Wyoming will be ready to play hard physical football.

Hell...all CU every cared about was just beating Nebraska. It was the last game of the season and they only thing they would chrip about all season long is beating NU.

They don't care if they finished 1-12 as long as they beat the Huskers.

It's a bit early for blizzard whiteout conditions, but we've played in that kind of weather many times. Two years ago, we had to postpone the game a couple of hours so New Mexico could make it over the summit from Cheyenne. As a freshman, we got to the stadium early to save seats for our fraternity brothers. One game there was so much snow in the stands we made "snow fans" on the seats and they were scattered among the student section. Read Steve Young's autobiography, he has a nice, and unflattering, memory of playing in bad Laramie weather while at BYU. For this Saturday it's supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of 74 degrees and a low of 44. The game kicks off at 5:30 p.m. local, so it will be in the mid 60s, I'd guess, by halftime.

That's hilarious. Are there any pictures of that?

Wyomings biggest problem will being able to stop the run. Their defense as a whole is very week and if the Oline plays the same as they did last week, 300 yards will not be hard to come by. Nebraskas defense isnt up to the form from recent years, but getting pressure on the freshman smith should put a kabosh to the "passing attack" on UW.

Since i go to school in Laramie, about 80 percent of the fans are like The Virginian this time of year. Wyoming beats Weber state and another couple cupcakes (B.G. and Texas State, last year Weber and Southern Utah) and they are all anticipating another New Mexico Bowl win over Fresno State.

One factor that will slow the Huskers down a bit in the first quarter will be the elevation. It doesnt seem like it would be a huge factor, but 7200 feet is over a mile higher than Lincolns elevation.

That's hilarious. Are there any pictures of that?

I wish there were. In 1972 we could only dream about camera phones.

I'm amused by Husker's reaction to Wyoming fan's lack of awe.

So who exactly does Wyomin' have on offense?

Here are the guys who have scored this year

Brett Smith true freshman QB, 5 passing tds 3 rushing, 778 yds passing 61.7%

Ghaali Muhammad converted linebacker, now plays h-back, 2 rushing tds

Brandon Miller (reminds me of Burkhead, maybe just cause he's white) 1 rushing td

Alvester Alexander last years leading rusher, 3 tds

Robert Herron (speedster) 2 receiving tds

Chris Mcneil 1 receiving td

Mazi Ogbanna 1 receiving td

Dominic Rufran 1 receiving td

• Fire 1
Wyoming deserves every hit, sack, interception, and Taylor Martinez touchdown for wearing those brown and yellow atrocities they call "uniforms." This game will be ugly in more ways than one, for the Cowboys at least.
We love our colors precisely because everyone else hates them. Unfortunately, we let Nike in the door and this is what they've done to us this year. I don't know what combination they'll be wearing for the game... 4e1ce4f16b1b8.image.jpg232803.jpg The 9-11 helmet. There's not a damn thing we haven't heard about our colors, so don't even waste your time. The colors are the colors and the whole world can kiss our ass.

As for the Wyoming colors i'm not a fan of brown and yellow but the color schemes here I like. I however do think the all brown uniform looks like a terd. But the other color combos are really quite nice.

As for a special Nebraska uniform I agree we should have an alternate for games like Wisconsin. Thanks to the supposable twitter feed from out equipment room. I've been hearing rumors of some special black uniform for the Wisconsin game. I highly doubt it happens as it was mentioned in another thread here it was a joke, but then again who knows. I'd like to see something different once inawhile especially for a game like that.

I'm amused by Husker's reaction to Wyoming fan's lack of awe.

So who exactly does Wyomin' have on offense?

OK, here's the list...

Quarterbacks

16 Brett Smith (6-3, 195, Fr., Salem, Ore.)

11 Colby Kirkegaard (6-3, 205, So., Phoenix, Ariz.)

Running Backs

32 Alvester Alexander (5-11, 204, Jr., Houston, Texas) OR

18 Brandon Miller (6-0, 187, So., Parker, Colo.) OR

23 Ghaali Muhammad (6-0, 221, Jr., St. Joseph, Mo.)

Receivers

80 Chris McNeill (6-1, 180, Jr., Simi Valley, Calif.)

89 Josh Doctson (6-4, 185, Fr., Mansfield, Texas)

6 Robert Herron (5-10, 187, So., Los Angeles, Calif.)

13 Trey Norman (6-1, 170, Fr., Texarkana, Texas)

2 Mazi Ogbonna (6-1, 200, Sr., Westbury, N.Y.)

1 DeJay Lester (6-2, 200, Sr., Layton, Utah)

33 Dominic Rufran (6-0, 185, Fr., Colorado Springs, Colo.)

83 T.J. Smith (6-3, 220, So., Tulsa, Okla.)

H-Backs

34 Mat Birkeness (6-4, 256, Jr., Littleton, Colo.)

42 Riley Lange (6-3, 259, RFr., Parker, Colo.)

86 Shane Sullivan (6-4, 240, RFr., Orange, Calif.)

Their stats so far: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/stats/season_stats.pdf