Husker needs your Help -- Please read

Blackshirt

Hey everyone,

A fellow Husker is in need of some help. I don't normally post requests like this, but this really struck a chord with me, and after reading I'm sure you'll understand why.

His name is Justin Diehm, he's 28 with 2 young boys, a life-long Husker fan, and was paralyzed in a swimming accident on July 23.

To compound things, he's now facing a divorce, and a very tough road ahead without the support of a partner.

I've made a small donation to the family, and figured some from the HB community may also want to help a fellow person in need, who happens to bleed our school colors.

He's currently at the Madonna clinic in Lincoln working hard everyday on rehab, and needless to say, the medical bills are beginning to stack up and will for quite some time.

Ways we can help:

A ) Donate online -- any amount is great: Click here to donate using Credit Card, bank account, or paypal (acct not required).

B ) Contribute by mail -- card, gift, check -- send to address below.

C ) Post supportive comments in this thread -- I'll pass along.

D ) Visit him -- if you know a former Husker, have them contact me and I'll try to arrange it. Crouch & Rodgers have visited, and I'm sure he'd be happy to talk football with anyone else for a mental break from rehab.

m.jPAngOeQoODxYywU.jpg

Here's his site for more info: http://www.caringbri...sit/justindiehm

We all hear about the Husker Spirit - well here's an opportunity to truly exemplify the power of Red.

Many people experience tough times in our lives - and it's the support from family & community that lifts you beyond what you're facing. And Justin could certainly use all the support we can offer right about now.

Thanks for reading, & let me know if anyone has any questions.

Chad

-------------------------

Mailing Address:

College Sports, Inc.

c/o Justin's Fund

PO Box 1463

Bellevue, NE 68005

*Note "Justin's Fund" on the envelope or Memo & include your email for a confirmation of receipt.

*FYI: I'm not keeping a penny from these donations. I'm just gathering the money to pass along to his grandmother who is managing the donations. I didn't want to post her name & address for privacy reasons, so will use my company account and transfer 100% of the donations to her.

-----------------

*Please note Justin did not request I do this, nor did anyone from his family. I did receive consent from his Mom to post this info, so feel free to share with others who may be inclined to help.

• Fire 5

• 2 weeks later...

How tragic this young man's life has changed so drastically in the blink of an eye... and not for the better either?

Stay with it Justin and when times get tough and you think you've had enough... remember, Husker Nation has you in their hearts and minds and we won't ever give up on you!

For a Husker brother in need, of course I'm in!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all for the well wishes. Just a quick reminder for those who were planning to donate. I know it's easy for things like this to slip your mind - I can completely identify. As of today we have received just 1 donation, which was greatly appreciated.

Again, no pressure - but I figured some may need a reminder. I'm sure you were planning on it and things just got busy - so please take this moment to donate through paypal (using credit card etc.) or drop a check in the mail today so it doesn't slip. Just takes 2 minutes! Click here for more info.

Mailing Address:

College Sports, Inc.

c/o Justin's Fund

PO Box 1463

Bellevue, NE 68005

*Note "Justin's Fund" on the envelope or Memo & include your email for a confirmation of receipt.

Thanks again guys!

Chad

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

A fellow Husker is in need of some help. I don't normally post requests like this, but this really struck a chord with me, and after reading I'm sure you'll understand why.

His name is Justin Diehm, he's 28 with 2 young boys, a life-long Husker fan, and was paralyzed in a swimming accident on July 23.

To compound things, he's now facing a divorce, and a very tough road ahead without the support of a partner.

I've made a small donation to the family, and figured some from the HB community may also want to help a fellow person in need, who happens to bleed our school colors.

He's currently at the Madonna clinic in Lincoln working hard everyday on rehab, and needless to say, the medical bills are beginning to stack up and will for quite some time.

Ways we can help:

A ) Donate online -- any amount is great: Click here to donate using Credit Card, bank account, or paypal (acct not required).

B ) Contribute by mail -- card, gift, check -- send to address below.

C ) Post supportive comments in this thread -- I'll pass along.

D ) Visit him -- if you know a former Husker, have them contact me and I'll try to arrange it. Crouch & Rodgers have visited, and I'm sure he'd be happy to talk football with anyone else for a mental break from rehab.

m.jPAngOeQoODxYywU.jpg

Here's his site for more info: http://www.caringbri...sit/justindiehm

We all hear about the Husker Spirit - well here's an opportunity to truly exemplify the power of Red.

Many people experience tough times in our lives - and it's the support from family & community that lifts you beyond what you're facing. And Justin could certainly use all the support we can offer right about now.

Thanks for reading, & let me know if anyone has any questions.

Chad

-------------------------

Mailing Address:

College Sports, Inc.

c/o Justin's Fund

PO Box 1463

Bellevue, NE 68005

*FYI: I'm not keeping a penny from these donations. I'm just gathering the money to pass along to his grandmother who is managing the donations. I didn't want to post her name & address for privacy reasons, so will use my company account and transfer 100% of the donations to her.

-----------------

*Please note Justin did not request I do this, nor did anyone from his family. I did receive consent from his Mom to post this info, so feel free to share with others who may be inclined to help.

Just wondering, when is the fund total updated? I haven't seen the total go up since I donated, over maybe 3 weeks ago. Just wondering.

GBR!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your donation huskered17! The total should be updated shortly.

Sorry for the delay - I was occupied with wedding stuff.

I'm mailing a check to the family this week - if anyone else wants to kindly make a donation I know they would appreciate it for the holidays.

Thanks again to everyone who has donated - sincerely appreciated.