Athletic Department visit

sbhusker

I'm planning a trip for the Northwestern and Michigan State games (driving out from California with my dad). Does anybody know if it is possible to tour the facilities during the week? Would I need to set up an appointment with the athletic department? I looked online for an email address to the athletic department and didn't find much. Does anybody have a lead I can follow? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

No problem. Bear in mind that they don't want to have a bunch of tours close to games, so try to book something as early in the week as possible, or they may tell you, "No dice."

Even if you can't get a guided tour, you can still see many things. The practice fields are pretty much open to the public during the daytime, although you shouldn't go on them. The "Self-Guided Tour" is neat if you just want to see our trophies (including all five National Championship Trophies) and some of our Husker honors, for most sports. You can walk into the stadium itself from 8am-8pm all week long at Gate 24, although you don't get to go on the field. You can walk out on the balcony overlooking the SE corner of the end zone, though, and that will give you a great look at the whole stadium.

Also, bear in mind that the stadium is under construction right now, so it's a bit of a mess on the East side.