Most Impressed with so far

dawhuskerkc

1 Choi, off of everyones radar, the Choi sighting that was predicted from last year when he made the travel squad to KU. Choi is a stud, watch him, anyone who can come from so far back and make it too this level has IT. Will not be surprised to see him in the NFL.

2. Bell, the new reciever, this kid is very bright, very talented and from what I can tell also has IT. Wouldnt be surprised if he ends up breaking recvng records during his time here.

3. T Moore is looking Stout, would like him in a rotation with Crick or Chase Rome. Hoping Rome gets more snaps this week, they say his hand skills project a lot of upside for him.

4. Tim Becks playcalling....has been outstanding in my view, Hoping he keeps it up, the staff and position coaches seem to have done thier jobs getting position players ready for the schmes they run..

5. Player Competition, is best its been in a while. Coaches are not just awarding seniors with starts because they are seniors, probably because there are few of them, but the most important part is they are rotating groups which cultivates experience and effective players. Want to see this continue as each player gets more exposure to more sitauations, they learn what it takes to be competitive, develop thier particular skills and wash out complacency.

On the offense, overall, I've been impressed (with the exception of the O Line, until Washington).

There are a lot of guys to call out on Offense, but how about Rex Burkhead? We all know how good he is, but holy crap, he has been excellent the last two games. Stats don't even tell the whole story, although they look good:

37 carries

175 yards

4.7 yards per carry

4 TDs

That's a nice couple of games. But he's been even better than that, because so many of those yards were late in the game when the DEF knew what we were running, and he still picked up chunks of yards and first downs. Give the O Line credit, too, but I've been even more impressed with Rex than I thought I'd be.

1) I've been impressed with Enunwa. Not only has he caught almost every ball thrown his way, but he seems to have REALLY good down field blocking skills. Bell has also looked really good but needs to improve on his down field blocking skills, while Turner has also shown flashes of really good stuff.

2) On the o-line, Choi is definitely a guy that I'm proud of and surprised by. Did anybody rewatch the highlight of Aaron Green's late third quarter touchdown? Choi pushes his defender all the way into the end zone, and I believe the play started around the six or seven yard line.

3) All the freshman running backs. Can't say much more about them than has already been said, but man they look good. Burkhead outweighs two of them by 30 pounds and one of them by 20, going by the roster weights, so they'll need to add more weight in order to be successful between the tackles.

4) Last but not least - Martinez. He had ups-and-downs his first two games, and he made some close-to bonehead decisions in the Washington game, but man I thought he really ran the offense effectively last Saturday. He's sliding more as well, or jumping out of bounds before contact, which is what we need him to do.

2) On the o-line, Choi is definitely a guy that I'm proud of and surprised by. Did anybody rewatch the highlight of Aaron Green's late third quarter touchdown? Choi pushes his defender all the way into the end zone, and I believe the play started around the six or seven yard line.

I did catch that play by Choi, and I also noticed that he was one of two guys on that play (can't recall the other one) who stuck with his block throughout the whole play. That's one of the biggest problems I'm seeing from our Line - they do NOT stay with their blocks long enough.

I would be willing to bet we are not tracking pancakes anymore. And that is a shame.

I did catch that play by Choi, and I also noticed that he was one of two guys on that play (can't recall the other one) who stuck with his block throughout the whole play. That's one of the biggest problems I'm seeing from our Line - they do NOT stay with their blocks long enough.

I would be willing to bet we are not tracking pancakes anymore. And that is a shame.

I've noticed that we give up on blocks too early as well. I don't know if that's the coaches' fault or the players' fault, though. Are they being coached to deliver a hit and get to the second level too early, or are they really just getting blown off blocks that badly at times because of poor technique?

Definite props to Choi, though. One of the best blocks I've seen all year from an o-linemen.

I've noticed that we give up on blocks too early as well. I don't know if that's the coaches' fault or the players' fault, though. Are they being coached to deliver a hit and get to the second level too early, or are they really just getting blown off blocks that badly at times because of poor technique?

Definite props to Choi, though. One of the best blocks I've seen all year from an o-linemen.

Its a bad habit that developed over the last 5 years (pealing off to block a second guy but not actually blocking anyone). In theory if you hold the block for 3-4 seconds the play is down field. Plus it keeps the moment forward and should cut down on angle a defender can take from behind. I'd rather see up knock a dude to the turf or block him until the whistle blows or the play is 50 yards down field. Cotton should have corrected this but he was short handed.

I have just been overall impressed with the play-making ability of the offense. We have 6-7 guys who can take it the distance no matter where they are on the field on any given play. This is one of the most athletic offenses that we have had in a long time.

This.

The triplets, Bell, Turner, Tmart, SuperRex, Reed.....wow! Beck looks outstanding so far.