Husker friendly tailgate in Madison (anyone know of one?)

Huskerzoo

Not sure if you are looking for a Husker-only tailgate or just a place to hang out. If the latter, I would take a 12 pack of beer (something local to your area is nice, if it's good beer) and walk up to any of the many tailgates along Regent Street. Find a likely looking group and ask if you can join them to drink beer and talk a little football.

I'd avoid Breese Terrace where a lot of students live, unless you are of that age and like to banter/talk smack. If so, keep a good attitude, share a beer, and have fun.

There is also a university-sponsored area with food, drink, etc. just north of the stadium. Link This is new this year, so I have not checked it out. Tailgating at Madison is decentralized, with every square foot of parking lot/yard a potential parking spot/tailgate area. If you have a group of people coming, the Edgewood College lot on Monroe Street is good to park and tailgate. The walk to Camp Randall along Monroe is scenic and energetic.

Hope you all have fun!

From what I understand, It'll be pretty chill up there. No bad blood between us, yet. We, the tuba and accordion that go out and play on game days, are traveling up there for the festivities. I know one place that is advertising to Husker fans is the Essen Haus, which is an authentic Bavarian bar/restaurant type of place, complete with the boot. We're playing during halftime there, and we're gonna make it as Husker friendly as possible, even if we're the only Huskers there. The rest of the time, we're just gonna take in some random tailgates and drink their beer.

I agree with TAW. I usually tailgate for the Badger games at a small parking lot at Regent and Park, and I always bring an extra beer or two for visiting fans. There also happens to be a liquor store right across the street. badger fans like to drink, and we don't care who we're drinking with, even if they have a goofy looking foam corn cob on their head! :-) This game is being viewed as a very big one in Madison, see attached link from the local paper http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/football/article_b94b3fcf-8878-561e-8537-aeb0d5d98e21.html Note some bars are advertising for Nebrask fans (as if they needed any more patrons on a game day.) the Regent Street Retreat at 1206 Regent Street, about three blocks east of the stadium, is hosting a Lincoln based band; the Sidetrack Band on Friday night and again at noon on Saturday. Safe travels.

The Union South is very nice. It just opened last year. Oregon State had a similar outing to this and it worked out very well. Varsity Hall itself is more than capable of holding a large event such as this (I was just there when Janet Napolitano came to speak on campus). Hope all who go to it have a great time!

I'm having one on Spring Street. My niece goes to school there and we're having a tailgate party on her lawn. I believe it's in a student housing area....I'm going to take everyone's suggestion and bring a ton of beer to pass out. Me and the Kettle (wife) are kinda unique because we were born and raised in Wisconsin, but their football program was crap when I lived there so nobody followed them. Wisconsin was a totally Packer state at the time. Now, I'm N and my entire family (8 brothers, 1 sister) is W. I hope like hell it's not too hostile on Saturday. I don't mind being called an A-Hole by a mob of drunks, I just don't want anyone to throw something at me.

You can stop by and I'll have a beer or two for you....maybe some Point Special Beer!

I'm having one on Spring Street. My niece goes to school there and we're having a tailgate party on her lawn. I believe it's in a student housing area....I'm going to take everyone's suggestion and bring a ton of beer to pass out. Me and the Kettle (wife) are kinda unique because we were born and raised in Wisconsin, but their football program was crap when I lived there so nobody followed them. Wisconsin was a totally Packer state at the time. Now, I'm N and my entire family (8 brothers, 1 sister) is W. I hope like hell it's not too hostile on Saturday. I don't mind being called an A-Hole by a mob of drunks, I just don't want anyone to throw something at me.

You can stop by and I'll have a beer or two for you....maybe some Point Special Beer!

I feel ya, I'm not very popular with my friends right now. I spent 8 years in Milwaukee, the 13 years before that in Lincoln. I'll bring some Michigan brews and we'll try to stop by.