M - Compton

W - David

Dime - Blatchford OR Thorell

LC - Cooper OR Evans

S - Cassidy

S - Stafford

RC - Dennard

KR/PR - Ameer AND Marlowe

So ARod gets the starting job back. Interesting.

Couple of things:

I realize we rotate a ton of players (and we rotate them often) and that starting the game doesn't really mean that much but....

Blatchford/Thorell still getting playing time.... :facepalm:

Bo's still going to continue the Corey Cooper experiment?

Cassidy still getting the nod.... Where are PJ/Osborne?

I'd love to know why Choi isn't starting. He's been a mauler.

Ankrah is meh.

• Fire 2

Arod over Choi?? :confucius :confucius eyeswear2allthatsholy

My same reaction. I'm not gonna pretend I'm smarter than the coaching staff when it comes to who they think gives us the best chance to win, but I've yet to see Rodriquez push a kid 8 yards into the endzone on a TD run...

Hmm. Very surprised by this move.

This is my reaction, too. Choi is definitely not as large as ARod, but to date his blocking has been better. I don't like the idea that a guy loses his job due to injury, but in ARod's absence Choi has exceeded what we've seen from ARod.

Bo is all about winning your start on the practice field. That's fine for a while, but you don't win games on the practice field. There are Practice Warriors who fade come game time. It's time for ARod to show that he's not one of these guys. I expect to see road-grader results.

• Fire 1

A-rod had the best 3 days of practice of any lineman this week. Hopefully its there on game day. I think its good to reward the kid for busting his ass. If he's playing like crap he knows he'll be pulled.

Evans has the slight edge over Cooper as of last nights practice but its pretty even and will come down to the little things the rest of the week and who ends up understanding the offensive trends better.

• Fire 1

Couple of things:

I realize we rotate a ton of players (and we rotate them often) and that starting the game doesn't really mean that much but....

Ankrah is meh.

I agree with everything on this post. Also, Fisher STILL? I dont care if he plays his "assignment", his "assignment" is either pushing him to the ground, juking him out of his shoes, or dragging his lanky body another 5 yards down field. The 4-3 has got to go.

Couple of things:

Ankrah is meh.

I agree with everything on this post. Also, Fisher STILL? I dont care if he plays his "assignment", his "assignment" is either pushing him to the ground, juking him out of his shoes, or dragging his lanky body another 5 yards down field. The 4-3 has got to go.

Good call. Where is Roach? He had a great game when Compton had to come out. I wonder why he isn't cracking the lineup or at least getting a chance to show that wasn't a fluke.

I've been pretty disappointed with our LB's as a whole this year. David has been decent, he'll have a hard time matching his output from last year so I think that will make a lot of people assume that he's not playing well. But Compton and Fisher have been bad (though Compton's better than Fisher).

We need more athleticism and size at the LB position, especially now that Big 10 play has started. What's the deal with Whaley?

• Fire 1

A-rod had the best 3 days of practice of any lineman this week. Hopefully its there on game day. I think its good to reward the kid for busting his ass. If he's playing like crap he knows he'll be pulled.

Evans has the slight edge over Cooper as of last nights practice but its pretty even and will come down to the little things the rest of the week and who ends up understanding the offensive trends better.

Pretty sad when a 3rd string safety might be our second best corner after playing the position about a week. I doubt it's only an experiment at this point. Coop had a rough go his first time out, but I really doubt that defines what he can do at the position. He was puking on the sidelines for god's sake.

I like Choi a lot, but a play no one points out is when he completely and utterly wiffed on a block in the same game as he drove the guy into the endzone, and Martinez got tackled for a short loss by his man. (Don't ask me what quarter it was, I just remember seeing #77 in the middle of nowhere watching his guy tackling our QB).

Choi has played well so far, but he's not as athletic or talented as AROD. Perhaps Choi's play has helped light a fire under Arod's arse. He's been banged up as well, and probably healed up by now. I highly doubt the coaches would start Rodriguez if they didn't believe he gave them a better chance to win. Secondly, Choi will likely play a lot of snaps as well.