Hometown: Laguna Beach, CA

School: Laguna Beach

Position: RB/DB

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 190

40 time:

Scholarships: Nebraska

SABNU.gif

Recently broke onto the scene by rushing for 313 yards at RB in his first game as a junior. Currently averaging 16 ypc.

McKewon Blog

i saw this today! he looks pretty gnarly and it was kinda cool to hear him rocking the husker gear all the time (but then again when your bro is the starting QB its hard not to pimp out whatever school he would be playing for)... saw that Carl is recruiting him which means i guess he has a thing for samoan princessess

Unimpressed with the high tackling. He has good speed in the video but he doesn't look strong enough or explosive. Plus, that was the worst rendition of Back in Black that I have ever heard.

It sounds like all the skiilled players are tearing it up as noone knows how to defend the delaware T. They all have double digit ypc. Funny how things recycle. Drake sounds like he would be a good fullback to me. Good size with a frame to grow and gets to top speed in a hurry.

http://www.lagunabeachindependent.com/2011/09/21/racking-yards-running-records/

on scout's main page he list schools of interest as Nebraska, Oregon, Purdue, Stanford, Tennessee, USC. out of all of the schools of interest, NU is the only offer so far.

He will be an adequate QB for us in a couple years...ie when big bro graduates! Gonna take us to a few Capitol 1 bowls IMO!!

mjddiswank.gif

• Upvote 3

He will be an adequate QB for us in a couple years...ie when big bro graduates! Gonna take us to a few Capitol 1 bowls IMO!!

mjddiswank.gif

was a JOKE dude.... Stop taking yourself so seriously!!

What?

mjddiswank.gif

What?

Que?

mjddiswank.gif

:snacks:

Wears Husker gear at school. Got his friends to wear it. Has not committed yet. Has an offer from Huskers and San Diego St. Coach said wouldn't be surprised if he commits to the Huskers. Rated as a 3 star back. No word on an official visit. But with his brother as the starting QB, I would imagine he has already seen a good amount of the facilities and experienced gameday at Memorial Stadium.

well considering its only us and SDSU at this point id imagine he would be taking our offer pretty seriously.... you know along with his bro and all being here

Jr. offensive highlight film:

I'd take him as a DB or a RB. It looks like he runs almost as fast as Taylor but also has some cutting ability and breaks a lot of tackles.

This game is about athletes, and from this tape, it appears that's what this kid is. Bring him in and see where he fits.

I couldn't imagine another Martinez even considering the Huskers.

I'll bump my previous statement ... this kid should stay away from Husker Nation.

How come there aren't any highlights of him thowing..?

Because Drake us more of a runningback and safety. Biggest difference between the two is Drake sure isn't afraid of contact

If Marcus McWilson is indeed having second thoughts, the door may have opened wider for Drake to accept our offer. I hope he becomes a Husker and shows us what hard work can do to make a great college player.

If he were to come here I guess it would mean that Taylor actually likes it here. You'd have to think that Taylor would tell him if he didn't.

He looks like an athletic LB to me. Something we need.

I like the idea of adding 10 pounds of muscle and letting him run around the field making plays. Almost in a Eric Hagg type of position.

He definitely has better hips than TM. He is shiftier and changes direction nicely. I could definitely see him at safety.

I like the idea of adding 10 pounds of muscle and letting him run around the field making plays. Almost in a Eric Hagg type of position.

I like your thinkin'.

He definitely has better hips than TM. He is shiftier and changes direction nicely. I could definitely see him at safety.

I hear this statement a lot about hips. I am kind of new at looking at game film but from the distance these games are being recorded, I am not sure if you can tell this or not. I would think you would need closer footage or some kind of combine tape, wouldn't you? I am not disagreeing with your assessment so much as I am not sure how you can make this determination from 100 yards away.

Having said what I just said, I would like to see him here. I like his height for a DB and he appears to be very physical. He and Gerry look like they could do some damage in a few years.

Wan ... Wa ... Just can't say it.

But I agree.

I wouldn't take him over some of our bigger targets, but we could definitely do worse. I like his athleticism and versatility we could plug him into different areas of need.

whats the reason for the lack of offers? did most schools back off because they asume he's a Nebraska lock

This would be my guess. His family, including Taylor, has said for a long time they support/wish him to be here.

If he has as quick a first 2 steps as his older brother I could see him being a real productive corner. Speed to run with the fast wide outs and an ability to break on passes. Might be a project but well worth the risk.