SIGNED RB/DB Drake Martinez

Hercules

If you don't want an athlete like this on our football team you are wrong. That simple. There are a ton of positions on the field that Drake could play and we should be happy to have him. If it didnt appear that he wanted to be in Lincoln I would bet you that this kid would have around 15 offers from west coast schools.

• Fire 3

I think we all want him.

I hope his is our silent commit as rumored.

I'm new to recruiting, but what advantage is gained by having a silent commit? Other recruits aren't spooked if they think he is being recruited for their position?

If he has as quick a first 2 steps as his older brother I could see him being a real productive corner. Speed to run with the fast wide outs and an ability to break on passes. Might be a project but well worth the risk.

Corner? I highly doubt that. His listed 40 time seems inflated when you watch his tape. He's no doubt an athletic guy, but there is no way he has the agility to play bump and run in Bo's system. As a weak side safety or nickle is where I think he has most potential. Another Lavonte David would be nice, but that type of undersized ball hawking LB doesn't come around every year. I'm not sure I see that in Drake... BWTHDIK