SIGNED RB/DB Drake Martinez

Hercules

I think we all want him.

I hope his is our silent commit as rumored.

I'm new to recruiting, but what advantage is gained by having a silent commit? Other recruits aren't spooked if they think he is being recruited for their position?

No benefit. Some players just like to announce on their terms instead of on scout or rivals.

If he has as quick a first 2 steps as his older brother I could see him being a real productive corner. Speed to run with the fast wide outs and an ability to break on passes. Might be a project but well worth the risk.

Corner? I highly doubt that. His listed 40 time seems inflated when you watch his tape. He's no doubt an athletic guy, but there is no way he has the agility to play bump and run in Bo's system. As a weak side safety or nickle is where I think he has most potential. Another Lavonte David would be nice, but that type of undersized ball hawking LB doesn't come around every year. I'm not sure I see that in Drake... BWTHDIK

Disagree. He has the athleticism, speed and the agility to play CB. It may take a year or two but he is a much better fit as a DB than LB. And playing nickle back is essentially a CB you just match up with a 3rd reciever/ back/ or TE (Even Huskersonline.com has a picture of Ciante Evans and says Year in Review CB) After last year and this year (Banderas, Love, Newby, Anderson, Brown, Afalava, Rose) we will have plenty of depth at LB. He wont be needed here...

Red Reign on Huskermax says he's a silent safety commit.

Wonder where he got that info...maurice-jones-drew-is-busting-out.gif

Magic 8-Ball?????

To be fair, he has been saying that for a few months...

To be fair, I believe it was stated here several times as well.

Red Reign on Huskermax says he's a silent safety commit.

Wonder where he got that info...maurice-jones-drew-is-busting-out.gif

Magic 8-Ball?????

To be fair, he has been saying that for a few months...

To be fair, I believe it was stated here several times as well.

Probably, I didn't feel like looking through the entire thread, sorry! :)

whats the reason for the lack of offers? did most schools back off because they asume he's a Nebraska lock

This would be my guess. His family, including Taylor, has said for a long time they support/wish him to be here.

scout shows him with a offer from Michigan State and that he is visiting them next week, rivals doesnt have any of that listed does anyone know if this is true?

Red Reign is the reason I came to this board. If you disagree with him watch out he will make sure to prove you are wrong 100 percent. I do believe he gets a lot of his info off this board. That why I am here, I appreciate the hard work you guys put in here. Keep it up and GBR

I just dont see him wanting to come here, mainly because of how Taylor has been treated...but who knows.. but i would be shocked.

I share the same view ... and am surprised how many folks want this kid. No opinion here toward the kid ... just my impression that overall we would never want another Martinez. Hope we can extend a bit more grace with the next one.