SIGNED RB/DB Drake Martinez

Hercules

Taylor doesn't lower a shoulder but not many quarterbacks do and none are taught to. IMO, if Taylor was anything but a QB, he wouldn't be afraid of contact. He just needs to hold onto the ball. If Drake is as fast as Taylor and has above average football instincts, he would be one hell of a free safety.

Drake is probably ending up at safety. He is just as quick a Taylor. The biggest difference between the two is Drake has no problems whatsoever art laying the wood to anyone. He will come up and hit anyone.

Will be a Great addition to this class.

You mean you're not impressed with Taylor's ability to tackle after an interception? What about the effort on the called back pick 6 by dennard at Mich St?

• Fire 1

Taylor actually tended to initiate contact, and still does at times, until the coaches demanded he stop as a sophomore to try and keep him healthy.

Also, not every qb at NU is treated as poorly as Taylor was for a couple of years there. The amount of criticism and plain hatred directed at him reached jamal lord proportions. It has gotten much better, as he has, but I definitely still hear people just waiting to jump on him.

Is there any proof that Taylor Martinez is bothered by fan criticism? people keep talking about how bad Taylors been treated by fans and i dont think he or any athlete gives a crap what a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks say on a message board or that call into a radio station unless he was getting mistreated by the coaching staff or players i dont think he would care in every interview i've seen with him he seems real laid back and very confident

Well, sure people have been critical of his play. That's all part of being a football player at a big boy school. But, he hasn't actually been treated poorly has he?

My opinion ... by the staff .... no ... just follow the meltdown on any given Saturday during a game ... listen to what a majority of this board says about him ... when I think of being "treated poorly" ... I think about what I hear from many Husker fans on this board during a game or the Monday after a game when they look for the excuse as to why we lost. Just defining what "treated poorly" would mean to me and where I am coming from. I realize fans are fans ... but it's why I would be surprised to see his brother want to play here.

This is something that comes with the territory when you're a quarterback. Nothing out of the ordinary, really.

The posts are better here, but for recruiting, I like that they start new threads for new developments in recruiting. It just easier to keep up with, rather then clicking on the player profile and then going to the end to figure out the recent stuff.

If you click on the "Today" by the last post it takes directly to the last post. You are clicking on the link to a particular post. When you do that it takes you to the first post. So, the problem you are having is actually created by the way you are clicking. Correct that and the problem will go away. The "Today" is on the far right under the last poster who posted. Hope that helps and it makes sense. Welcome to the board.

Thanks

The posts are better here, but for recruiting, I like that they start new threads for new developments in recruiting. It just easier to keep up with, rather then clicking on the player profile and then going to the end to figure out the recent stuff.

If you click on the "Today" by the last post it takes directly to the last post. You are clicking on the link to a particular post. When you do that it takes you to the first post. So, the problem you are having is actually created by the way you are clicking. Correct that and the problem will go away. The "Today" is on the far right under the last poster who posted. Hope that helps and it makes sense. Welcome to the board.

Thanks

Also, by clicking on the red folder next to the thread title, it takes you to the last post you haven't read, regardless of where it is in the thread. Easy to catch up that way.

I was wondering about his lack of other offers. He was named his conference's MVP, rushed for over 1600 yars and 30 TDs, and had a 9.4 ypc. Decent size and speed. What does it take to get an offer?
Because its been thought that he's probably ours if we want him because of his dad and brother.
I was wondering about his lack of other offers. He was named his conference's MVP, rushed for over 1600 yars and 30 TDs, and had a 9.4 ypc. Decent size and speed. What does it take to get an offer?
Because its been thought that he's probably ours if we want him because of his dad and brother.

We slow playing him?