Hercules

SIGNED RB/DB Drake Martinez

With a class this size, we can afford to take him and develop him over 2 years. Get as many athletes as you can, and it will always pay off in the long run.

With a class this size, we can afford to take him and develop him over 2 years. Get as many athletes as you can, and it will always pay off in the long run.

I agree. I doubt the coaches thought Taylor was going to be the starting QB as a RSFr. but he put in the work to get it done. I would give him a shot.

I've always wanted Drake here and on scholarship... I believe one can't put a value on family history... Drake is every bit the athlete that Taylor is, just bigger boned and maybe a little more aggressive. Drake would fit well in Bo's scheme.

If you don't want an athlete like this on our football team you are wrong. That simple. There are a ton of positions on the field that Drake could play and we should be happy to have him. If it didnt appear that he wanted to be in Lincoln I would bet you that this kid would have around 15 offers from west coast schools.

• Upvote 3

I think we all want him.

I hope his is our silent commit as rumored.

I'm new to recruiting, but what advantage is gained by having a silent commit? Other recruits aren't spooked if they think he is being recruited for their position?

If he has as quick a first 2 steps as his older brother I could see him being a real productive corner. Speed to run with the fast wide outs and an ability to break on passes. Might be a project but well worth the risk.

Corner? I highly doubt that. His listed 40 time seems inflated when you watch his tape. He's no doubt an athletic guy, but there is no way he has the agility to play bump and run in Bo's system. As a weak side safety or nickle is where I think he has most potential. Another Lavonte David would be nice, but that type of undersized ball hawking LB doesn't come around every year. I'm not sure I see that in Drake... BWTHDIK

This guy is a DB all the way. And with his size and speed, IMO he would be perfect.. now hear me out on this, but he would be perfect for.. the Nickle spot. Size like Eric Hagg, fast, athletic... he can be our next Eric Hagg. He is all DB... IMO.

I think we all want him.

I hope his is our silent commit as rumored.

I'm new to recruiting, but what advantage is gained by having a silent commit? Other recruits aren't spooked if they think he is being recruited for their position?

No benefit. Some players just like to announce on their terms instead of on scout or rivals.

If he has as quick a first 2 steps as his older brother I could see him being a real productive corner. Speed to run with the fast wide outs and an ability to break on passes. Might be a project but well worth the risk.

Corner? I highly doubt that. His listed 40 time seems inflated when you watch his tape. He's no doubt an athletic guy, but there is no way he has the agility to play bump and run in Bo's system. As a weak side safety or nickle is where I think he has most potential. Another Lavonte David would be nice, but that type of undersized ball hawking LB doesn't come around every year. I'm not sure I see that in Drake... BWTHDIK

Disagree. He has the athleticism, speed and the agility to play CB. It may take a year or two but he is a much better fit as a DB than LB. And playing nickle back is essentially a CB you just match up with a 3rd reciever/ back/ or TE (Even Huskersonline.com has a picture of Ciante Evans and says Year in Review CB) After last year and this year (Banderas, Love, Newby, Anderson, Brown, Afalava, Rose) we will have plenty of depth at LB. He wont be needed here...

Not sure if he has the hips to play CB. IMO he would initially get a try out at OLB or SS, but I think his best position would be FB if they could put the weight on him. I think he a lot like Taylor in that he has good straight ahead speed and burst, which is perfect for FB's.

Red Reign on Huskermax says he's a silent safety commit.

Wonder where he got that info...maurice-jones-drew-is-busting-out.gif

I see Drake as a safety or wideout. Plenty of athletic ability. Definitely an upgrade from Marsh who we just lost to UNK

Its nice to finally agree with you Hedley.

Magic 8-Ball?????

To be fair, he has been saying that for a few months...

Magic 8-Ball?????

To be fair, I believe it was stated here several times as well.

Magic 8-Ball?????

To be fair, I believe it was stated here several times as well.

Probably, I didn't feel like looking through the entire thread, sorry! :)

whats the reason for the lack of offers? did most schools back off because they asume he's a Nebraska lock

This would be my guess. His family, including Taylor, has said for a long time they support/wish him to be here.

scout shows him with a offer from Michigan State and that he is visiting them next week, rivals doesnt have any of that listed does anyone know if this is true?

Red Reign is the reason I came to this board. If you disagree with him watch out he will make sure to prove you are wrong 100 percent. I do believe he gets a lot of his info off this board. That why I am here, I appreciate the hard work you guys put in here. Keep it up and GBR

I just dont see him wanting to come here, mainly because of how Taylor has been treated...but who knows.. but i would be shocked.

I share the same view ... and am surprised how many folks want this kid. No opinion here toward the kid ... just my impression that overall we would never want another Martinez. Hope we can extend a bit more grace with the next one.

Red Reign is the reason I came to this board. If you disagree with him watch out he will make sure to prove you are wrong 100 percent. I do believe he gets a lot of his info off this board. That why I am here, I appreciate the hard work you guys put in here. Keep it up and GBR

You're absolutely right. I think it is so funny how someone will ask a legitimate question and he will take it as an insult and blow up on that person. Sadly, everyone over there thinks he is god and thusly support him and gang up on you. If you don't have the ultimate positive view of the program, you literally can't survive on HM.

I don't know how he got such a reputation over there, he is wrong about 85% of the crap he posts and the 15% of stuff he is correct about is the word-for-word stuff he copies from the guys on this board.

whats the reason for the lack of offers? did most schools back off because they asume he's a Nebraska lock

This would be my guess. His family, including Taylor, has said for a long time they support/wish him to be here.

scout shows him with a offer from Michigan State and that he is visiting them next week, rivals doesnt have any of that listed does anyone know if this is true?

He does have an offer from Michigan State and Tennessee according to Mike Shafer's radio show on Thursday night. I'm not sure about any visits to either place, though

I just dont see him wanting to come here, mainly because of how Taylor has been treated...but who knows.. but i would be shocked.

The fans have treated Taylor like crap, but Bo has had his back pretty much from day one. If you're the Martinez family, I don't know how you could have a better relationship with another coaching staff.

Red Reign probably thinks I'm a commit. I don't think he's ever ever ever ever ever ever said "yeah we're probably going to lose this guy".

Red Reign probably thinks I'm a commit. I don't think he's ever ever ever ever ever ever said "yeah we're probably going to lose this guy".

Am I missing something? I don't understand this post at all.

If you don't want an athlete like this on our football team you are wrong. That simple. There are a ton of positions on the field that Drake could play and we should be happy to have him. If it didnt appear that he wanted to be in Lincoln I would bet you that this kid would have around 15 offers from west coast schools.

Exactly right

Yes Red Reign from Huskermax is a tool, steals alot of your guys hard work, the reason I came to this board is because I cant stand him.

• Upvote 2

Yes Red Reign from Huskermax is a tool, steals alot of your guys hard work, the reason I came to this board is because I cant stand him.

Welcome to the board. I think you will find that this board is better than Huskermax. I can say with total confidence that this is the best board to post on in all of Husker nation.

• Upvote 4

ence that this is the best board to post on in all of Husker nation.

EZ-E, you should go over there and start a revolt as you are the primary person who get info stolen from Red Reign!

Welcome to the board. I think you will find that this board is better than Huskermax. I can say with total confidence that this is the best board to post on in all of Husker nation.

Man EZ, you sure are taking your HC duties seriously!! +1

I agree, I like the layout much better on Huskerboard. There are also more GIFs. :D

Thank Ez for the warm welcome, its sad Red Reign gets alot of his info from you and claims he did the research. I will pay the 20 bucks or whatever it is to get you to huskermax to overtake him. If you guys got a spare min or two take a look at huskermax recruiting thread mcwilson, notice how he doesn't let anybody else have an opinion that doesn't agree with his opinion. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if more guys came over to this board. Glad to be here guys GBR

• Upvote 1

The posts are better here, but for recruiting, I like that they start new threads for new developments in recruiting. It just easier to keep up with, rather then clicking on the player profile and then going to the end to figure out the recent stuff.

The posts are better here, but for recruiting, I like that they start new threads for new developments in recruiting. It just easier to keep up with, rather then clicking on the player profile and then going to the end to figure out the recent stuff.

If you click on the "Today" by the last post it takes directly to the last post. You are clicking on the link to a particular post. When you do that it takes you to the first post. So, the problem you are having is actually created by the way you are clicking. Correct that and the problem will go away. The "Today" is on the far right under the last poster who posted. Hope that helps and it makes sense. Welcome to the board.

Wait, what? Has Taylor been treated poorly here?

He has been treated just as good if not better than any signal caller for a traditional power. I guess we could hire someone to wipe his backside for him?

I'm actually with Minnesota Husker ... my impression of folks on this board about TM has been on the negative side. I would be surprised as well that his brother would want to come here and put up with all the crap. I've been more then disappointed in the turnover/decision making of TM over the past three years ... but I have and would never say alot of the crap that has been said about him and his play ... so when I think of what he has gone through ... and if I was his brother ... I would think twice about coming to Nebraska.

This has nothing to do with wanting Martinez ... it's just the feeling that has been given off by Husker fans on this board. Not debating any point ... just identifying with Minnesota Husker ... I sensed the same thing and thought about posting the same thing. You can see all my previous coments on this thread ... overall I'd be shocked to see him hear ... but glad for sure.

Well, sure people have been critical of his play. That's all part of being a football player at a big boy school. But, he hasn't actually been treated poorly has he?

Well, sure people have been critical of his play. That's all part of being a football player at a big boy school. But, he hasn't actually been treated poorly has he?

He has played more snaps than anyone on our roster. He has also appeared to turn into a man over the last few years. Taylor's team loves him and supports him. Seems like a great place to have little brother go. Would get to play with his brother for a year before he graduates as well. Knows he will get a fair shake because his brother definitely did.

He has been treated just as good if not better than any signal caller for a traditional power. I guess we could hire someone to wipe his backside for him?

He is the most polarizing figure in Nebraska.... People love him or hate him. The people who hate him insult him for his technique.. or gunslinger mentality.. or the fact that he isnt a vocal leader.

I think Taylor is a good QB and the best thing Nebraska could get at this point... I dont always like Taylors attitude, but I am a Martinez-supporter.

I just dont get how you can say Taylor has been treated that well? He is overly criticized.. people ask to see him replaced all the time.

My opinion ... by the staff .... no ... just follow the meltdown on any given Saturday during a game ... listen to what a majority of this board says about him ... when I think of being "treated poorly" ... I think about what I hear from many Husker fans on this board during a game or the Monday after a game when they look for the excuse as to why we lost. Just defining what "treated poorly" would mean to me and where I am coming from. I realize fans are fans ... but it's why I would be surprised to see his brother want to play here.