SIGNED RB/DB Drake Martinez

Hercules

Have not followed recruiting like I have in the past... so really have not seen much of most of these guys... this one in particular. So... question... is it possible that were he to join our team that he could play CB... and play it potentially well.? Or, is he more a safety (it appears that is what he played in HS) without the attributes to switch (if need be) to safety?

With Singleton and especially with Gerry coming in for certain, and with McWilson still a possibility... that makes three safeties in theis class already. There is as well rumer that Charles Jackson (an upcoming sophomore) is switching to safety as well. That is quite a few young guys there. At CB we seem to have fewer young guys... Jonathon Rose (will be a sophomore, I think)... but who else other than Boaz Joseph.

So... I'd be more excited about Drake as a scholarship player if he projected well as a CB. So... would he be OK there?

Have not followed recruiting like I have in the past... so really have not seen much of most of these guys... this one in particular. So... question... is it possible that were he to join our team that he could play CB... and play it potentially well.? Or, is he more a safety (it appears that is what he played in HS) without the attributes to switch (if need be) to safety?

With Singleton and especially with Gerry coming in for certain, and with McWilson still a possibility... that makes three safeties in theis class already. There is as well rumer that Charles Jackson (an upcoming sophomore) is switching to safety as well. That is quite a few young guys there. At CB we seem to have fewer young guys... Jonathon Rose (will be a sophomore, I think)... but who else other than Boaz Joseph.

So... I'd be more excited about Drake as a scholarship player if he projected well as a CB. So... would he be OK there?

Not rumor. This is happening for sure