SIGNED RB/DB Drake Martinez

Hercules

This is a player that I am actually very excited about. He appears to have the same speed as his brother but bigger than Taylor was in HS and more physical. I know we are going to try him out first on D but if he ends up on the O, he appears to have better vision when running than his brother. And, I'm a fan of his brother so that says a lot.

Welcome aboard Drake!

I think this says a lot about Taylor's feelings of this coaching staff. He could have easily told his brother to go somewhere else due to coaching issues, fan craziness and stupid media. After all, Taylor has probably had the harshest treatment of any QB or player in general, then I can remember.

• Fire 1

Welcome aboard Drake!

I think this says a lot about Taylor's feelings of this coaching staff. He could have easily told his brother to go somewhere else due to coaching issues, fan craziness and stupid media. After all, Taylor has probably had the harshest treatment of any QB or player in general, then I can remember.

Completely agree with this. I call the ones bagging on him for every little thing the so called fans. If this dude is even close to as athletic as his brother he will be one hell of a Safety.

Welcome aboard Drake!

Completely agree with this. I call the ones bagging on him for every little thing the so called fans. If this dude is even close to as athletic as his brother he will be one hell of a Safety.

Agree.

I'm sure that Drake is just as athletic as Taylor. Same bloodline and since he is the younger brother, he probably grew up trying harder, practicing harder to be able to be as good or better than "big brother".

Brian Christopherson on Twitter:

Talked with Drake Martinez's HS coach Mike Churchill. Said Drake averaged 11 yards every time he touched the ball. Wants to play D at NU.

"(He) always kind of wanted to play with his brother at the collegiate level," Churchill said of Drake Martinez.

"Really introverted ... a lot like Taylor. But he's the kind of kid ...you don't have to tell to run full speed or play your best."

Good for the family, it has to be exciting for them....

My brother and I played a few sports in HS; he was a year younger than me. He went out for the soccer team mostly because I was playing. He was not great and rarely saw the field my Senior year. I have played in some big HS and college basketball games in my life, but some of my fondest memories are HS soccer practices and games on the same team with my brother. I can't even imagine the feeling to get to play with your brother at Nebraska.

Really cool experience for Taylor, Drake, and the entire Martinez family. GO BIG RED!

• Fire 1

Good for the family, it has to be exciting for them....

My brother and I played a few sports in HS; he was a year younger than me. He went out for the soccer team mostly because I was playing. He was not great and rarely saw the field my Senior year. I have played in some big HS and college basketball games in my life, but some of my fondest memories are HS soccer practices and games on the same team with my brother. I can't even imagine the feeling to get to play with your brother at Nebraska.

Really cool experience for Taylor, Drake, and the entire Martinez family. GO BIG RED!

So you're saying your brother was a horrible athlete? :sarcasm

Welcome....being a T-Mart guy, I am really excited for Drake to be here.... Why hasn't anyone put "Nebraska" by his name?

Huskerboard thought they would wait a few days and see if Marrow and Kentucky might want to do an "in-home" with him. :sarcasm

In our Huskerboard Program here, if you conduct an in home with another head coach you can forget about that offer!!! :)