SIGNED RB/DB Drake Martinez

Hercules

I would rather seem him on offense. When someone averages eleven yards per touch, put the ball in his hands and let him do some damage.

I think he would be a killer WR to add to the skill player arsenal of newby, taylor, alonzo moore, westerkamp, and armstrong/stanton down the road.

I'd rather see him on defense. In the games where we're giving up 11 yards per play, we could use someone who can erase mistakes.

There is merit in this statement as well. Can't go wrong either way with an athlete like him. Looks better physically than taylor in my opinion and I think he has the same speed as him.

I would rather seem him on offense. When someone averages eleven yards per touch, put the ball in his hands and let him do some damage.

At what position?

Wide Receiver. I think he would be a better slot, but he could also be a great outside WR. I think he would be a perfect player to run some reverses and end arounds with.

I'd rather see him on defense. In the games where we're giving up 11 yards per play, we could use someone who can erase mistakes.

There is merit in this statement as well. Can't go wrong either way with an athlete like him. Looks better physically than taylor in my opinion and I think he has the same speed as him.

With all due respect to some better DLine play, I'm not so sure great safety play isn't the key to Bo's defense. Safties that can play coverage but also come flying up in run support and play hybrid-LB roles are invaluable. Suh gets a lot of well-deserved credit but our defense was nearly as good the year after he left. That crew featured a combination of Gomes, Hagg, Cassidy ( :o ), C. Osborne, PJ Smith and Thenarse who combined to make quite a few plays to compliment Amukamara, Dennard, David and Crick. In particular, having players like Gomes and Hagg who can run with receivers and tackle like linebackers gives a defense a lot of options. I can see Martinez - and a couple of our other recruits - playing a role similar to that in the coming years.

With all due respect to some better DLine play, I'm not so sure great safety play isn't the key to Bo's defense. Safties that can play coverage but also come flying up in run support and play hybrid-LB roles are invaluable.

Definitely. It seemed opposing O-coordinators would try to exploit Stafford more than any other player (you could make a case for compton). He was a huge sucker for the play-action and did not recover well. Overall, very uncontrolled aggressiveness to the point that he played like a wild man out there.