***Official Wisconsin Game Discussion***

It is so sad to watch Pelini teams implode year after year against good competition. What is the deal? Where is the consistency?

I think the deal is that we are a poorly coached team. NU is ill prepared and typically below average in terms of fundamentals. This game is going precisely as one would have predicted in that NU is penalty after penalty, poor decision after poor decision, and mis-assignment after mis-assignment.

No one should be surprised. We have seen it time and time again.

The real question now is that of heart. Does this team at least have heart and can they keep this from being a real, real blowout. I hope so.

I was going to say that the fake would be no good. But I've changed my mind. Why didn't we fake it?

:facepalm: Really? Because we missed, we should've faked it? With no timeouts we would've needed a TD.You've got about a 40% chance of Maher making that, and about a 2% that a fake would go for a TD.

Once again I am reminded that sarcasm and irony don't translate well on the internet...

I was going to say that the fake would be no good. But I've changed my mind. Why didn't we fake it?

:facepalm: Really? Because we missed, we should've faked it? With no timeouts we would've needed a TD.You've got about a 40% chance of Maher making that, and about a 2% that a fake would go for a TD.

Once again I am reminded that sarcasm and irony don't translate well on the internet...

It really doesn't. Sorry I bit. Sad thing is, on this board I've come to expect people to seriously post like this.

We cannot put this game on Taylor's back. I blame Beck for both picks. Mix it up. Run the ball. How about a reverse? How about a quick jailbreak screen to turner?

Got to blame Taylor.

At worst Beck could have called a better play. But the fact that the plays resulted in interceptions were 100% on Taylor.

Anybody who expected much different results given the situation is being unrealistic. We're not going to be good in 3rd and long situations, which we've been in due to penalties, and we're not going to throw downfield every single play without an interception.

We have to run the ball. If we are turned into a one-dimensional team THROWING the ball, it'll turn into Texas Tech 2004.

Anyways, this is pretty much where most of us thought this team was. Everyone needs to get better.

Well, under no circumstances should those two plays have resulted in interceptions. None. Incompletions, maybe. 3-and-outs, maybe. But not interceptions.

One thing Pelini has showed this year is that he can make good 2nd half adjustments. But against lesser competition. I guess we find the measure of our team tonight.

2 touchdowns and your winning again. not that hard to get 2 touchdowns in 30 minutes..............unless you are ohio state ;)

Only thing easing my pain right now brother....Ohio is quiet tonight...well except for me screaming DON'T THROW IT!

Like i said before, i thought Dennard was to cover Toon. I've Evans and Stafford cover him. Dennard needs to keep Toon under control. Offense was great in the beginning, even when we started to slow down, the self destruction happened when Taylor threw that first pick. Now we need to come out with a heavy dose of running with Burkhead, Martinez, Green, Legate, Turner, and Abdullah to set the tone in the second half, hopefully if we can successfully run the ball in the second half we can go back to the play action pass.

Our secondary, well, im not surprised, and you guys shouldn't be either. Our secondary hasn't played good in the first four games of the season, what makes you think it would click on for the Wisconsin game?

There should be more holding calls on the Wisconsin OL, i don't know how many time i saw Meredith, Crick and Steinkuhler get held and there was no call.

Pathetic 2nd Q.. Good thing we are a second half tram

The question is how will we find a way to beat Ohio State next week?

seriously? it is a 13 point game with 2 quarters left and your already giving up and looking on to next week? the huskers can still win this game its far from over

:laughpound