The sky is not falling

Seriously, now that Bo has his own recruits, which part of our team is better than Callahan's teams? Offense - no. Defense - didn't look like it tonight. Special teams - perhaps. Bo will get a lot more slack because he talks tuff and is cranky and we like that I guess. Recruiting is clearly a huge weakness. Why does Fresno State have a better QB than us. Why does almost every D1 team have a better QB than us? Wisconsin completely owned us.

• Fire 1

Pelinis will fix the coverage. I am sure about that.

I'm not sure coverage matters when they can run the ball down our throat all night long. The second half was basically 7 yard rush followed by a 5 yard rush, over and over again. There are bigger problems on defense than a young and inexperienced secondary.

Part of this, if I understand the defensive scheme correctly, is that our D-Line requires a competent secondary that can go M2M before our D-Line and LBs will start attacking instead of the current read/react we have going on now.

Since we don't have a competent secondary, our LBs and D-Line are playing with one hand tied behind their back, so to speak.

Once we have the secondary fixed, the sacks will come, and so will an attacking D.

Problem is, can our current secondary coach find and fix the problem? I'm not so sure...

The sky is not falling guy, the well bounce back guy. But some of you are freakin losing it. We lost, Wisconson is good, there ranked 7th for a reason. We are ranked 8th for a reason and now our team showed its true colors. Its not like things cant be fixed, its not like we cant hang. We lose, it happens this isnt the Osborne era where we go 70-3. Just learn and improve, my autistic twin daughters turned 4 today. They were still screaming go big red until i put them to bed. Go through your emotions like that, wins are great but we lose we lose. Lots of football left gang.

• Fire 2

I actually thought we could win this game. It wasn't because I thought we were that good. It was mostly because I think the Big 10 is that bad. After tonight's loss, you're right. The sky is not falling. The only other team we have any reason to lose to is Michigan right now. The rest are as bad or worse than us.

In year four to a coach who has pretenses of national championships, this does not happen. Losing close happens. Bad breaks that lead to losses happens. Getting dominated in all phases of the game does not happen. Let's be serious here. The sunshine pumping is a waste of our time.

You think Tom Osborne never got blown out? Heck, his teams got blown out even in the 90s, way beyond year 4 of his coaching career.

We knew this was going to be an ugly game, it turned out to be what we were all afraid of.

I mean even if you do fire everyone on the staff, who do you replace them with?

exactly, shut the hell up and calm down. We have the best at the helm right now.

Its not like it was with Cosgrove and Callahan where we knew we could get a better coaching staff than them.

Why does everyone justify Bo's failures by comparing him to Callahan? Callahan's players are gone and this is Bo's team. He's in his fourth years so this is all on him. I'm not saying that we need to get rid of Bo, but he hasn't shown anything yet other than he 's a better DC with the talent that Callahan left him than with what he has recruited. And we still don't know if he's a good HC or not. Everything is up in the air right now. He lost this team after the CCG last year and I hope he didn't lose them tonight. If he did, then it's 2007 all over again.

The silver lining is that we are now in the B1G and now we can become what we have been mocking all of these years. A B1G team that is overrated due to beating a bunch of average teams. Other than Michigan, there is no other team left on our schedule that we should come close to losing too. Now a rematch with Wisky in the CCG may end up ugly again, but even with all of our warts, we could end up 12-2 and beat nobody worth a dam. I guess it would be like our 2003 season. Get our asses handed to us by the only two good teams that we played (UT, KSU) and lose one game to an below average team (Mizzou) and still end up 10-3.

In year four to a coach who has pretenses of national championships, this does not happen. Losing close happens. Bad breaks that lead to losses happens. Getting dominated in all phases of the game does not happen. Let's be serious here. The sunshine pumping is a waste of our time.

You think Tom Osborne never got blown out? Heck, his teams got blown out even in the 90s, way beyond year 4 of his coaching career.

He did, but not very often. And they were usually the bowl games in Florida against teams that killed us with speed. The thing is I don't remember any of Tom's teams quitting like we have seen our teams quit on Frank, Bill, and now Bo. It sucks that we didn't have a competent coach to replace Tom from his staff. Or should I say a BCS quality coach. Frank has done fine in the MAC where his lack of recruiting ability is ok and Turner is still a work in progress, but I really hope he can be successful at KU.

Actually its my fault. Nebraska was doin good and them my wife came in the room. In my defense ive been working alot of overtime and i hardly see her or the kids anymore. We started talking about things because its been rough at work and home life for our families. We just talked for a little bit then well u know. Next thing i know im watchin Wisky score with 30 something seconds on the clock. It was all down hill from there.

He did, but not very often. And they were usually the bowl games in Florida against teams that killed us with speed. The thing is I don't remember any of Tom's teams quitting like we have seen our teams quit on Frank, Bill, and now Bo. It sucks that we didn't have a competent coach to replace Tom from his staff. Or should I say a BCS quality coach. Frank has done fine in the MAC where his lack of recruiting ability is ok and Turner is still a work in progress, but I really hope he can be successful at KU.

I didn't think our team "quit" tonight. I thought that they panicked and that the game got away from them, that they started playing undisciplined and sloppy, but I didn't think they quit.

Anymore, no programs have the kind of continuity that Nebraska once had. Everyone gets blown out here and there. We're going to take it to Wisconsin next year after Russell Wilson is gone, and our offense has a year of experience under its belt. These days, everyone gets blown out every now and then - it's about how you get back up off the mat.

I didn't think our team "quit" tonight. I thought that they panicked and that the game got away from them, that they started playing undisciplined and sloppy, but I didn't think they quit.

Anymore, no programs have the kind of continuity that Nebraska once had. Everyone gets blown out here and there. We're going to take it to Wisconsin next year after Russell Wilson is gone, and our offense has a year of experience under its belt. These days, everyone gets blown out every now and then - it's about how you get back up off the mat.

No not everyone gets embarrassed like we did tonight. While we may not be ready for prime time, this should not be happening in Bo's fourth year as our HC And playing undisciplined and sloppy is a bad charistic of a Bo led team. I agree with the rest of your post. Wisky is a 7-5 team without Wilson.