This team has tuned Bo out.

NASA

I'm curious as to where the "screaming and cursing" was. Did not see it tonight.

Did you see him screaming at the secondary and hear him drop the F bomb? He did, rewound it and heard it clear as day. Fbomb on natl tv.lol

What would you be saying exactly if your players were playing like they were? Good job guys???

f#*k no, check the quote, I was showing him an instance were Bo was screaming. Did I say i dont agree? He needs to do something with his special ed db's

No amount of screaming and cussing will get a team back that has tuned you out. I think it's time for Bo to change how he is trying to reach this team. Screaming and yelling is obiviously not getting the job at this time.

It wouldn't work with me if I was a player. Maybe I'm in the minority, but it would just piss me off and make me want to punch him in the balls. It would completely take my focus off of what I'm supposed to do. Maybe that's the case with a lot of these players??

Did you ever play football? It's simple. Quit F-ING up and your coach will quit yelling at you...

I'm sure you were an awesome football player. See my response above. Yes, I played football.

You must not have played much because teaching is done AFTER the game not during. You mess up and you get yelled at and possibly benched at every level.

There you go. I sat the bench. I didn't start at both positions I played. There was plenty of coaching during the game and for you to think otherwise must mean you had an excellent coach. The teaching that occured AFTER the last game obviously didn't stick.

Well here is the difference. I was always a starter. There was no time for teaching when you are playing.

Mcewon was a starter too, your my hero, maybe you should have a headset on?

No amount of screaming and cussing will get a team back that has tuned you out. I think it's time for Bo to change how he is trying to reach this team. Screaming and yelling is obiviously not getting the job at this time.
It wouldn't work with me if I was a player. Maybe I'm in the minority, but it would just piss me off and make me want to punch him in the balls. It would completely take my focus off of what I'm supposed to do. Maybe that's the case with a lot of these players??
Did you ever play football? It's simple. Quit F-ING up and your coach will quit yelling at you...
I'm sure you were an awesome football player. See my response above. Yes, I played football.
You must not have played much because teaching is done AFTER the game not during. You mess up and you get yelled at and possibly benched at every level.
There you go. I sat the bench. I didn't start at both positions I played. There was plenty of coaching during the game and for you to think otherwise must mean you had an excellent coach. The teaching that occured AFTER the last game obviously didn't stick.
Well here is the difference. I was always a starter. There was no time for teaching when you are playing.
Wow, maybe you should whip your dick out and show everybody how big it is. Don't you think that maybe just maybe some of these kids grew up without much structure or discipline in their lives and maybe just maybe they don't respond the same way you do because you're such a badass?

Quit now. Before the awkward moment when both of you realize you were in a pissing contest and now you're just left holding your dicks out

You've never played on an organized football team have before have you? Do you think Bo should hug his players when they screw up?

I played QB and safety and did pretty damn well. Having a constructive conversation and teaching the player what he did wrong could work better than screaming at him. But what do I know? I gues I should bow down to your football prowess.

Honestly man no disrespect, but from pee-wee football to high school, nothing motivated me more than my position coach or my head coach giving me an ear-full. It sucks to let your teammates down but when your coach lets you know that you screwed up, it gets under your skin. I have no problem with the way Bo treats his players. When our team screws up they should know it. Constrictive criticism works well in some cases, but not when a defense is completely blowing their assignments. Just MIO.

When Bo got to Lincoln to be a head coach, he had a few good players. Obviously Suh, as well as Prince, and a few others. But Rome is not built in a day. When Bo has good players, he is an amazing coach. But, before you start to say he has lost his ability to motivate this team, look who we’ve got. We have one senior corner (well except for Mendoza if you want to count him). Washington, Green, Evans....all sophomores. One of the problems is we have those young corners and unfortunately….bad safeties. Sorry, but Cassidy, Smith, Osborne, and Blatchford are just not that good. Also, Fisher, May, and Whaley are not that good at LB either. We have the talent (or lack thereof) that we have. You can’t make players who are not good play like all Americans…you can just try to get them to the point where they don’t hurt you. Don’t forget, last year, our linebackers were horrible on run support. Well, they are getting a little better, but they are still not good. We just lost too many good players the last couple of years and are left with guys starting that would only have seen mop up duty on past teams. I believe that Bo’s first recruiting class was not the best – we are seeing that right now. The recruiting class that he put together after his second year looks like it might end up being really good, but there are just too many young guys and mediocre vets on this team for it to function the way it should. We could survive if we had some really good veterans mixed in at each position with the kids…but that is not the mix we have.

Oh, and here's a newsflash: Taylor Martinez is not a good quarterback. After watching the likes of Tommie Frazier, Scott Frost, Eric Crouch, and even Jamal Lord for Christ sake (no pun intended), it is painful to watch Martinez stand out there and get happy feet when he has protection, and get sacked when he can’t feel pressure. He just does not have any pocket presence and has an absolutely horrible delivery. And he makes really bad decisions when he tries to force things. If this is our QB for the long haul, it is likely to stay ugly until after the 2013 season. I think the defense will get better as the year goes on (at least the young guys will), but I don’t see Martinez getting any better…..imho

You've never played on an organized football team have before have you? Do you think Bo should hug his players when they screw up?

I got my ass friggin chewed if I screwed up. My coach(s) would scare the sh#t out of me at times...but my coaches would have my back and give me praise when I did well. My football coach was genuine and wanted to see me succeed.

Sorry these are Division I athletes trying to get in the NFL. They should be able to handle some yelling. To be fair, I say a lot of coaching by Bo. Considering the circumstances, I thought Bo was very well in control. I saw a lot of teaching/coaching going along with the yelling. Bo is getting better, the team is getting better, just had a setback. With all this young talent at teh skill positions the future is bright.

Screaming and Yelling always got my attention. But only if who was doing it didn't normally scream and yell.

Yep. My HS coach never yelled. He yelled at me ONCE in practice and I never forgot it. He was about finding out from the players what was going wrong and how to fix it. He racked up a lot of championships.

I know that HS and college aren't the same thing-- in fact, college players are more mature and ought to respond more favorably to being treated like a member of a team instead of a powerless underling. I'll bet if T.O. ever lost his temper (or chose to display emotion, which is probably more accurate) no one ever forgot. Hmm.. now that I think about it, I think that Jason Peter was talking about that once when he had a show in Lincoln. That McBride yelled and yelled and swore almost constantly and you didn't even notice it. It's just how he was. But if Dr. Tom ever raised his voice, that was a big, big deal.

I don't think this post could be any more wrong. Nothing should motivate players more than a coach who wants to win and who wants to see his players perform the best they can. And Bo wants to see that and when he doesn't, he let's his players know that, and they should expect that to come from him. I mean, after all, they [the players] were the ones who came to Nebraska.

This has to be one of the must unsubstantiated and idiotic threads I've seen on HB in awhile. Where is the proof that the players have tuned Bo out? Where is the proof that they don't like Bo?

I'm friends with a couple of players on the team, and they tell me all the time how much they love Bo and how hard he tries to make them do well. As far as I can tell, every single person who thinks his yelling is a problem doesn't have the skin tough enough to deal with it. Bo yells, and so do dozens of other coaches when necessary. I've seen coordinators FAR worse than Bo has ever been.

Besides, Bo has led some of the greatest defenses of the last decade, including one that won a national title. You think his coaching style has changed much? Bo has always yelled, but he's also always had some of the best players and he is one of the best defensive minds in the country. But if he tells his players to do something and they can't do it, then that's on the players. Bo has proven that he can tell players what to do and they'll do it right.

What a load of garbage.

• Fire 4

As far a most ppl on the board throwing Bo under the bus, I'm curious as to how many of you have actually coached 18-23 year olds. Personally when I played I enjoyed having someone in my ear whether it be from a teammate or a coach. Most young athletes aren't like this anymore....................and it's very depressing

I don't know about most, but a lot of them definitely think they're next coming of Jesus Christ on the football field.