Please.....add to my list of issues you truly see!

I see over running tackles by backers, etc. Lavonte. I see a lack of physical play from the corners. I see 5 to 10 yards play off the corners in a zone read coverage rather than a bump and run to allow our d line enough time for a coverage sack. Baker is a perfect example of the star rating that Lemming among others gives. That boy should be a BEAST! He is a junior for christ's sake. He is virtually a no name.....why; because of a lack of coaching unfortunately.

Just a reminder to keep it civil.

Thanks Zoogies, but what is the problem that you see specifically?

bmatthew, specifically, I think we need to upgrade or develop the corners. A bit early to say which right now. Fonzie is great. He just needs to get back to 100%, and get a lot of help. Safety is the big one. Kind of shocked at how badly they have done. I think it's far more clear cut at safety, we just need an upgrade there.

Although I'm not sure if getting Smith/Osborne in there would fix things.

We also could try some different personnel at LB. I am starting to get a little bit concerned with the coaching here with Els. Much more so than with Corey Raymond.

On the whole, the defense lacks confidence in themselves and they lack fire. Big issue, I cannot believe the DL has been so supbar.

Seems that every coach that is dismissed has a rumor circulated about him banging a coed. Solich, Bohl, and now Sanders, I'm assuming. I don't live in Lincoln and I don't have any 'sources'. I would assume it was something not related to Sanders' position coaching, but what was it? I don't think bMatthew is being too insolent by simply requesting a response to his direct question that isn't cryptic and condescending. Asses.

Just a reminder to keep it civil.

Thanks Zoogies, but what is the problem that you see specifically?

bmatthew, specifically, I think we need to upgrade or develop the corners. A bit early to say which right now. Fonzie is great. He just needs to get back to 100%, and get a lot of help. Safety is the big one. Kind of shocked at how badly they have done. I think it's far more clear cut at safety, we just need an upgrade there.

Although I'm not sure if getting Smith/Osborne in there would fix things.

We also could try some different personnel at LB. I am starting to get a little bit concerned with the coaching here with Els. Much more so than with Corey Raymond.

On the whole, the defense lacks confidence in themselves and they lack fire. Big issue, I cannot believe the DL has been so supbar.

This makes absolutely zero sense to me either. For the most part, Suh was a huge bust until Bo came along. Why did he have so much success tapping into Suh's potential but can't do the same with Stein and the rest?

I think our problem on all sides of the ball is confidence. I never played football, but I did play volleyball in college, after college in men's AA, and still play and coach to this day. In volleyball, the thing that you HAVE to have as a player is confidence. If you don't have the attitude of KNOWING you CAN and WILL perform, you WILL make mistakes. I'm making the assumption that all sports are similar in this regard, and making the further assumption that in football, that confidence is even MORE critical. Someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.

This is all pure speculation on my part, but judging from the way our team seems to be coached, at least on camera, it looks to me like they're fearing the consequences of making mistakes, instead of leaning on their skills, and the skills of their teammates. The result is what we all saw last night after the first 25 minutes. (By the way let's not forget those first 25 minutes -- we WERE in control of that game...or at the very least we were IN the game.)

Defense

-Linebacker play is horrible, with the exception of David. I am all for playing with the peso defense, even in a power league.

-Stafford continues to be exploited in coverage, and should probably be moved to peso back.

-Cassidy had a solid game, but I can't wait to see him graduate. His athletic ability is not on par with some of the younger safeties we have.

-Fisher I welcome you to the bench.

-J. Williams is better against the run than Ankrah.

-The technique that Raymond is teaching needs to be changed. During the first series when we were up on their receivers, we really messed up their timing. Don't know why we backed off.

Offense

-Someone needs to show Bo a video of Clemson's offense, and tell him we have all the pieces on offense to be that good, if not better.

- Taylor needs to move to his natural position (receiver). I am tired of handcuffing the offense for the sake of one player. There were far to many short balls, balls thrown behind receivers, bad reads, lack of pocket presence, lack of timing in the pocket, and why he doesn't throw the ball to his drop off receiver I have no clue.

-The O-line continues to improve, and I am liking what I am seeing from them.

-The playcalling wasn't that bad if we had a QB that could throw and execute the passing game.

-I was pleased with Turner's, Bell's, Quincy, and Kinnie's play. They should never come out.

-I welcome Khiry Cooper to the bench.

-TE play was good, even though I wish Reed would have been more involved in the passing game.

Summation

We have the talent on offense to be something GREAT, but we are catering too much to one player. That is not team football, that is circling the wagon and singling out one player at the detriment of the team. On defense, we need to improve safety play and give some young guys a shot. The corners are young, but are timid about being agressive and physical. Raymond needs to coach with a chip on his shoulder and realize he is the WEAKEST coach on D, right now. We need to bring in some good linebackers, because the ones we have are not cutting it (at times I feel Fisher purposefully gets out of position or he just has the worst luck).

gotta say that I am very concerned with Raymond. The DB's play WAY too soft! Their footwork looks horrible. Ciante and Andrew can't cover anyone. And everyone gets fooled by the first move. This coach was in the NFL. Nothing he has done on the field is being translated to the players he now coaches.

As for the backers, Fisher sucks! He was not one, but two steps slow. How can he be the starter? Are we really that thin? Still like David a lot, even though his aggressiveness causes him to over run some plays. Compton - I can take him or leave him. Serviceable LB for now.

Pelinis continue to blame the players. If they continue to do this they are going to lose them. They need to take some ownership here to show some loyalty. The coaching has been less than stellar and I don't hear anyone on the staff raising their hand and lay claim to the blame. We talk about players reading and believing their press clippings too much. Maybe that is the case with this coaching staff. Be men! Step up and own your mistakes and your own lack of execution as coaches! Then move on and FIX IT!