Can we say something positive?

NU41SB

If we actually did learn anything and the team turns the corner, this loss will be the best thing that could have happened. For some reason, this team has played with fire all season long. It wouldn't have been a stretch to have lost that Fresno State game. If the team comes together and this loss brings them closer, this will be a huge positive. That being said, I wish people would quit using the phrase about the youth of the team and how good we'll be in a year or two. If I had a dollar for everytime that's been said the past eight years about Nebraska, I'd be retired by now. The defense had nearly 30% of it listed as a preseason All American. The QB was on the preseason Hypseman watch. I think for the most part, the goals before the season are still obtainable. We need to win our division, and then concentrate on the championship game. It is imperative for the OL to get a lot better. The blueprint for teams to beat us is out there, just load the box and force us to pass.

The blueprint for teams to beat us is out there, just load the box and force us to pass.

Your Oline looked to be athletic and powerful. I think Nebraska has a deadly rushing attack at this point and will be able to get a lot of mileage out of Playaction as long as Martinez is healthy. He, like the team, are better than people would say they are right now and I think he'll end the season closer to 60% completions than 50%. You're going to blow Ohio State out in the first conference home game and that will be fun to dangle over them in the future.

Sounds like we're getting some good leadership from this loss. The team is stepping up and communicating very honestly and putting themselves out there. Vulnerablity with your team is always good for bonding. Players are making players more accountable and at least one player as gone to the coach asking for changes that will make the development of the program better with practice structure similar to what we were doing in Bo's first two years. We're also practicing ones vs ones for longer periods of time and we'll do it more often (I've heard 2 times a week.)

Positives:

-O-Line getting better, save for one or two exceptions. Will be a force to be reckoned with next year, and maybe by the end of this season.

-We have excellent Wide Receivers throughout the two deep for the first time since Callahan was derping us to death.

-We have an excellent backfield, all of which will be around next year.

-We have a FB again, and Legate does an excellent job.

-Bo was pretty calm and collected, despite the herp de derp going on between the lines.

As an aside, I was thinking of "Kimchi Killer" as a nickname for Choi when (not if) he starts next time? Yes? No?

I get it. None of us like to see the team lose, including myself. It just seems to be that some people try to live vicariously through these kids. I'm am pretty sure that these kids are competitive and hate to lose as well. But for some reason, I seems that some of the posters here, take a loss harder than the team. I fail to believe that they are not upset for their showing in Madison on Saturday night. Some people seem to, for a lack of better terms, act like grade school kids and throw rocks at the "not-so-popular" kids that are across the street. I just think that we need to stand behind the team rather than break them down. Maybe it is the father in me that just can't understand why "we" as the fans, sit behind the computer screen and "throw rocks". Yes we can criticize, but couldn't we keep it from being personal? Remember that these are just "kids" and I'm sure that they are doing the best they can.

So I'll start out and say something positive and hopefully we can at least knock some of the negative threads off the first page.

I'll say something about Martinez since he seems to be getting the most flak. He started the game 6/8 I believe. So that should tell us that the potential is there. Yes it needs polished, and yes it like won't ever be "great". However, I do believe that he can be good and lead the team to win a lot of games.

This is just my two cents

I root for Nebraska....always have always will.