Favorite QB

Favorite QB  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted Tommie....no offense to anyone who voted for any other QB...but I can't see why you voted for any other QB. That being said...I guess I am in the minority here, but I really like Scott Frost.....almost as much as Tommie. The guy may have had an error in judgement and gone to Stanford, but he came back to NU and did a great job. I know the ASU game was bad, but outside of that (he wasn't the blame for the Texas loss in the CCG), he was solid the rest of the time (don't forget the role he played in the misery game with a minute left).

He went 24-2 as a starter including an undefeated season, won a Big 12 CCG, two bowl games, and a national championship. I'm glad he came back to Nebraska.

Imo, Frost is easily the best "option" qb we've ever had. His blind pitches to Green were dazzling and he was a load to deal with. Great, great qb for TO's offense.

You realize he was just an "athlete" playing QB, right? He wasn't a true QB in the sense that he was a comfortable drop-back passer. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

....and you're adding this to my post because???

Toss up between Joe Ganz and Tommie.

Never liked Frost... He always seemed like a weasel, crawling back here from Stanford.

Crouch was a beast. Put the team on his back.

Frost didn't exactly come crawling back from Stanford. Bill Walsh quit. Was this any worse than Crouch crawling back to the team after Solich begged him to?

Far as I'm concerned, he crawled back after he didn't get his way at Stanford and was stuck playing safety instead of quarterback. He sold out his home state and home team for a shot at a higher draft pick. Should have just gone to Nebraska to begin with. Weasel weasel weasel!

Yeah, what did Frost ever do for the team besides play 100% every down, crush line backers, and win a national championship?

Never liked Frost... He always seemed like a weasel, crawling back here from Stanford.

Frost didn't exactly come crawling back from Stanford. Bill Walsh quit. Was this any worse than Crouch crawling back to the team after Solich begged him to?

Far as I'm concerned, he crawled back after he didn't get his way at Stanford and was stuck playing safety instead of quarterback. He sold out his home state and home team for a shot at a higher draft pick. Should have just gone to Nebraska to begin with. Weasel weasel weasel!

Yeah, what did Frost ever do for the team besides play 100% every down, crush line backers, and win a national championship?

But to our rough-tough internet studs, he sucks. No surprise.......

Exactly! As I said above, 24-2 as a starter, a Big XII title, two bowl victories, and a national championship....boy what an a-hole :sarcasm

Exactly! As I said above, 24-2 as a starter, a Big XII title, two bowl victories, and a national championship....boy what an a-hole :sarcasm

Favorite is the thread. Not most successful. Favorite. Frost was not my favorite. Probably my least favorite, not counting Sam Keller.

Ah so liking people is based on their success? Sounds like a solid system, how's that working out for you?

You're the guy at work who is the biggest kiss ass ever huh? Best friends with your boss just because he's successful, regardless of how big of a d-bag he is? Not surprising.

Favorite is the thread. Not most successful. Favorite. Frost was not my favorite. Probably my least favorite, not counting Sam Keller.

Ah so liking people is based on their success? Sounds like a solid system, how's that working out for you?

You're the guy at work who is the biggest kiss ass ever huh? Best friends with your boss just because he's successful, regardless of how big of a d-bag he is? Not surprising.

Real nice Marf. Now I'm "the biggest kiss ass ever" because I appreciate someone's success. And I didn't go into detail, but I ran into Frost last year while he was recruiting a kid out here in So Cal, and he was a real nice guy. I didn't walk up to him because I don't want to be the fan who bothers players and former players, but I was walking by with my Husker hoodie and he pointed at it and said "Nice shirt". I then stopped to say hello and he was willing to chat about the Huskers and Nebraska, and he seemed very genuine and down to earth. So, yeah, when I am rooting for my team I usually like the players who are successful the most and I usually feel bad for the kids who are not successful (the title of the thread may be "Favorite QB", but it's not "favorite person"). That being said, when I ran into him, Scott Frost was in a state over 1500 miles from Nebraska and was representing the Huskers well, even though he works for Oregon now. He was very polite, humble, and proud of his Nebraska roots. I was talking to the cousin of the kid Scott was recruiting and he told me he likes Nebraska now because of the way Frost talks about his experience there. So let me go back and add this up. He was 24-2 as a starter, won a Big XII championship, won two bowl games, won a national championship, and is a nice guy.....Well, this may make me "the biggest kiss ass ever" but I'm sticking with Frost as my second favorite.

Real nice Marf. Now I'm "the biggest kiss ass ever" because I appreciate someone's success. And I didn't go into detail, but I ran into Frost last year while he was recruiting a kid out here in So Cal, and he was a real nice guy. I didn't walk up to him because I don't want to be the fan who bothers players and former players, but I was walking by with my Husker hoodie and he pointed at it and said "Nice shirt". I then stopped to say hello and he was willing to chat about the Huskers and Nebraska, and he seemed very genuine and down to earth. So, yeah, when I am rooting for my team I usually like the players who are successful the most and I usually feel bad for the kids who are not successful (the title of the thread may be "Favorite QB", but it's not "favorite person"). That being said, when I ran into him, Scott Frost was in a state over 1500 miles from Nebraska and was representing the Huskers well, even though he works for Oregon now. He was very polite, humble, and proud of his Nebraska roots. I was talking to the cousin of the kid Scott was recruiting and he told me he likes Nebraska now because of the way Frost talks about his experience there. So let me go back and add this up. He was 24-2 as a starter, won a Big XII championship, won two bowl games, won a national championship, and is a nice guy.....Well, this may make me "the biggest kiss ass ever" but I'm sticking with Frost as my second favorite.

Well there ya go! Glad you have a reason.

Doesn't change my opinion, but more power to ya.

I love watching Tommie's highlights, but I was too young to remember much of him from the 94 and 95 championships. I do remember pretty much all of 97 though. But Eric Crouch...I remember his career like it was yesterday, what a guy. Tommie might have done more for the program and such, but I gotta go with the guy I grew up idolizing.

I can't choose one. Ganz was a gunslinger and really fun to watch, despite the guaranteed weekly INT, Crouch was an excellent athlete, Frazier was one of the most exciting players we've had, Berringer playing for a hurt Frazier and not missing a beat. I'm too young to remember any QB's before 1990 or so, so I can't really speak for them.

I can't choose one. Ganz was a gunslinger and really fun to watch, despite the guaranteed weekly INT, Crouch was an excellent athlete, Frazier was one of the most exciting players we've had, Berringer playing for a hurt Frazier and not missing a beat. I'm too young to remember any QB's before 1990 or so, so I can't really speak for them.

I hate to admit this, but I am old enough to remember Tagge, Humm, Ferragamo, Gill, Steve Taylor....and I can't disagree much with what you said. I think the reason I chose Frazier as my favorite QB is because from his sophomore year on, whenever he stepped on the field, I just knew we were going to win. And we did (every one knows he outplayed Ward in the NU/FSU national championship game and we got royally jobbed so that good ol' boy Bowden could win a title). In reality Frazier won every game he played for us in his last three years. I really liked Berringer, I always wished he had come along at a different time.

I voted Tommie....no offense to anyone who voted for any other QB...but I can't see why you voted for any other QB. That being said...I guess I am in the minority here, but I really like Scott Frost.....almost as much as Tommie. The guy may have had an error in judgement and gone to Stanford, but he came back to NU and did a great job. I know the ASU game was bad, but outside of that (he wasn't the blame for the Texas loss in the CCG), he was solid the rest of the time (don't forget the role he played in the misery game with a minute left).

He went 24-2 as a starter including an undefeated season, won a Big 12 CCG, two bowl games, and a national championship. I'm glad he came back to Nebraska.

Those numbers are crazy impressive. Looking back now, a full decade plus after being spoiled rotten in the TO / Championship '90's, I realize that I never gave Frost a fair shake. It's really that ASU game that did it for me. He just looked like a deer in the headlights the whole time and after Tommie's unbelievable run at QB, I just couldn't forgive Frost for that one. This was stupid super-spoiled fan behavior on my part. He was, in retrospect, a total bad-ass.

Those numbers are crazy impressive. Looking back now, a full decade plus after being spoiled rotten in the TO / Championship '90's, I realize that I never gave Frost a fair shake. It's really that ASU game that did it for me. He just looked like a deer in the headlights the whole time and after Tommie's unbelievable run at QB, I just couldn't forgive Frost for that one. This was stupid super-spoiled fan behavior on my part. He was, in retrospect, a total bad-ass.

Oh, I remember that ASU game well. I was screaming at the television...wanting "that Frost guy" replaced with whoever the back-up was (I think the flavor of the month back then was Frankie London). But Frost settled in well, and almost single handedly saved the `97 championship with that one-minute drill he ran against Misery. I agree with you totally, Frazier had us all very spoiled.