Post practice Bo interview. jeez

DaveH

100% behind Bo. The media has basically been trolling for about a week. Instead of focusing on the game against OSU, they keep rehashing Wisconsin. Why? Because negative news sells more than positive. It's a know fact. Whoever the jackass was that was trolling Taylor at the PC about his ability to read defenses started this whole thing, and the OWH has taken up the reigns this week. It's bullsh#t. You would have to be the worlds biggest idiot to not realize that some of these guys are pushing buttons, only for the sake of creating a story.

Does Bo always handle it perfectly? Of course not. But we play Ohio State, in our first Big Ten home game tomorrow, and the dickheads in the papers are still talking about sh#t from a week ago. Screw them and their stupid ass agenda. And for those of you who are naive enough to say "they're doing their jobs," no freakin' sh#t sherlock. Their job is to sell a story and get page hits. The best way to do that is to take a normally mundane after practice report, and blow it up.

It's bullsh#t. I blame the fans, and the media for this full retard scenario. We should be talking about Ohio State, not last week's game.

:rant

• Fire 1

Bo: “I don’t follow you, what do you mean ‘rallied behind Taylor?’ ”

Reporter1: “From kind of the media onslaught he’s gotten—some of the players have stepped up and backed him up.”

Bo: “That’s what teammates do. I don’t quite understand the media onslaught, that’s for you guys to answer.”

Reporter2: “Is Taylor, is he changed… uh, unfazed by it … I know some—”

Bo (getting hot): “What? Are you guys trying to get a reaction from him? Is that what you guys are trying to do?” I’m just wondering [since] you guys are asking me: Is this a deliberate thing?

Reporter2: “No, not at all. I’m just wondering if you’ve seen a difference in Taylor.”

Bo: “Okay, then. Honestly, I don’t think Taylor or anyone else on our football team cares what you guys write or say.”

Reporter3: “It seems like he was bothered by it.”

Bo: “He’s human. You guys are the ones who should be bothered by it. … Thanks guys.” (end of interview)

I don't get what the big deal is? The reporters are swarming around Bo trying to get a reaction and create controversy. Bo tells them in a fairly polite manner that they should be ashamed of themselves for the "media onslaught" of Taylor Martinez. And he let's them know that he's got his QB's back. It's sad that our local media doesn't have our QB's back, or show some support for Martinez. Or our team for that matter.

btw, the term "media onslaught" was brought up by the reporter, not by Bo.

Channel 5 news in omaha said after the cameras went off Bo came back out and ripped into two of the reporters who were supposedly smiling and shaking their heads during the interview. Others said it was "surreal"

I can believe ch. 5 News said this. But I have my doubts about whether it is true.

Wisconsin fan here just roaming through B1G boards like I usually do on Fridays. I watched that video and really don't understand what the issue is. When I read the initial post I was expecting a meltdown. I thought he was testy but hey, I'm sure it's been a tough week. I'm not sure the press has a right to expect anything else right now, especially with such a meaningless question.

I hope Nebraska kicks OSU's a$$ this week. I believe in putting teams out of their misery. A couple of discouraging losses before we play them in Columbus will turn their season to mush.

So here's my take, not that it's worth anything more than $.02.

Do I believe Taylor needs to start playing at a higher and more profecient level? Yes.

Do I think the defense is strugling? Yes.

Is it becasue of an almost completely new secondary (including a coach)? Yes.

Is it fair to critisize said components of the team? Yes.

Is it fair to then ask about the reaction they are eliciting from said critisizm? No.

It's trolling. Stop it. You have better questions to ask then what the players think about what you say.

It's kind of like an arsonist going over and watching the house fire he just started. Then asking some of the firemen what they think about his work as some of the fellow fire fighters are being carted off to the hospital. Kind of dickish.

I am a reporter. I have been to these pressers. And the thing that annoyed me completely was the fact that none of these guys seemed prepared to talk to Coach Bo. I mean, come on, spit out the questions. And please bring a question that can't be simply answered by anyone in sports information, i.e. injuries. Bo had said that the Cotton injury was already info readily available. Also, I am like Bo, I would have got a funny look on my face after the "Is the team rallying around Taylor" question. Let's see, we got blasted 48-17. Most of the talk was about how the defense didn't hold up well at all. Sure, Taylor threw interceptions, but he wasn't the glaring problem in the game. You could argue Tim Beck was more at fault than Taylor by far. And the heat was more on the defensive backfield anyway. Why is Taylor the guy under a particular fire storm? I don't get it. Sure, the quarterback always gets more critical comments and more praise than what he deserves, but at the end of the day, this week is not the week that Taylor should be feeling pressure. Now, if we play Ohio State to within three points, and the game winning field goal for the Buckeyes is set up by a bad decision by the quarterback, then, considering that people like the back-up already, there would be a fire storm.

Good god! Some of you people need to decide what you want in a head coach! Do you want Bo, fiery and sticks up for his players? Or someone like Ferentz, boring and like talking to a cardboard box? I'd guess that some of you that want Bo to calm down are the same ones who didn't like Callahans sideline demeanor! Callahan was too calm and I remember several people that said they wanted an emotional coach on the sidelines. We as Husker fans have turned into a bunch of crybabies and feel like we are owed something........just be loud on gameday, support your team, and quit crying. It's embarrassing.........

The problem is Bo has already handled scrutiny of the defense in a genius diplomatic matter, explaining youth, explaining that you never panic, stay the course, etc. He's given excellent interviews and conferences this year and then in one week both he and the 'leader' quarterback put on airs like it's the media's fault Taylor can't hit wide open checkdowns. That Bo, Beck, and Tmart are getting fair, accurate, and deserved criticism should come as a shock to no one.

And let's be clear about something. Nobody is jeopardized by this now. Bo's not losing a wink of sleep over it, that's for sure. But when the chips are really down--like if we find out he can't actually fix this defense--and the offense is sputtering in week 12, or we're sitting home watching someone else go to the CCG, all the bile from these press conferences will have set the stage for an ugly offseason.

You're paid three million a year for this gig, of which the media will always be a part. Figure it out.

I'm behind Bo in this one and here is my reason.

This Saturday we're playing against Ohio State and the media should be talking about Ohio State. Why doesn't focus their questions around the two tOSU players that are still suspended and how that could impact the game, tOSU lack of offense, Bo's playing days at tOSU, the new head coach for tOSU, tOSU first trip to Lincoln ever, etc.

But they won't cause they want to talk about Martinez because Martinez has been critized for over a year and within the last week it's been a hot topic about fans and the media jumping all over him. They're beating a dead horse here and it's getting freaking old.

The media and fans spend too much time ripping on the players and coaches rather than moving on and talking about the Huskers next opponent or something else besides the negative. A lot of people need to move on and get behind these coaches and players.