gilbert to transfer

mwj98

Our self-esteem?

Pass on Gilbert.

yeah, good idea......just like when we passed on Russell Wilson, eh?

Did...did you just compare Russell Wilson to Garrett Gilbert?

The all ACC first team QB in 2008? First time in ACC history a freshman did it. ACC's rookie of the year in football and you compared him Garrett Gilbert? :ahhhhhhhh

I can't be the only person here that thinks that Gilbert is no where near the caliber of Wilson or Martinez.

• Fire 2

Shaggy bevo is laughing at us right now.

Ha ha! That place is entertaining to read for about the first 10 minutes. But all the junior high trash talking gets old after you realize that nobody there has anything to say.

Ha ha! That place is entertaining to read for about the first 10 minutes. But all the junior high trash talking gets old after you realize that nobody there has anything to say.

Sadly, I think many of the posters are several times older than Nebraska junior high students.

Regarding quarterbacks, take a look at all options. We're two injuries - on a run first team - from playing a non-scholarship QB.

I can't be the only person here that thinks that Gilbert is no where near the caliber of Wilson or Martinez.

I agree that he's definitely not as good as Wilson.

Martinez, I'm not so sure about...

As for picking him up from Texas, I'd like us to at least give it serious consideration, but we won't.

Gilbert would actually hurt the immediate numbers, because he would be tying up a scholarship for a year without being able to play. Not to mention dude is transferring because he got dropped to third on the depth chart. Are we really to the point where we are hoping for the guys who are not talented enough to play anywhere else? The Wilson analogy is a complete fallacy, because talent was not his issue NC State was miffed that he was skipping spring ball to play minor league baseball.

Gilbert would actually hurt the immediate numbers, because he would be tying up a scholarship for a year without being able to play. Not to mention dude is transferring because he got dropped to third on the depth chart. Are we really to the point where we are hoping for the guys who are not talented enough to play anywhere else? The Wilson analogy is a complete fallacy, because talent was not his issue NC State was miffed that he was skipping spring ball to play minor league baseball.

All I'm saying is, give the guy an honest evaluation. Just because he's third on Texas's depth chart doesn't mean he'd be third on ours, and QB is a position that we desperately need both more depth and more talent at. If the coaches don't think he has the talent, let him go, but again, give him an honest evaluation. What could it hurt?

I'm reading the wire article that says "A junior, Gilbert would still have two years of eligibility to play." But he played that bowl game as a freshman, all of last year, and 2 games this year. Does he get an injury redshirt for this year? And even if he didn't, wouldn't he have to sit next year as a transfer, and you only get 5 years to play 4?

Anyway, not too excited about this one.