***Official Ohio State Game Discussion***

Taylor needs to give people something. I not for booing a kid, but come on.

Kid played a good half. That pic was on Beck. Pointless and unnessecary risk....

Except Beck isn't throwing the passes. Beck needs some common sense smacked into him. I really didn't believe it could get worse than Shawn Watson but Beck is proving otherwise.

that's the 'old boys network' for ya.

It could be worse, you could be Florida fans.

You dont need to be here, im not trying to be rude but i dont think you should witness this. I dont want nebraska suckieness to somehow filter into you and into the badger program. Badgers are good and i dont want you to bleed husker red today and somehow infect your number one fan base team.

Okay, the recruiting isn't that bad. I agree, it's not great, but it's only a part of the story. Bo got Dennard here, got Lavonte here, etc. Had bad luck with Charles Jackson not qualifying.

But other stuff like Thorell being out there, Courtney and PJ not starting at safety...far more baffling.

Yeah, it was at least two guys in coverage on Reed on that play. That's the kind of throw you make when they have nobody over the top.

Cannot get greedy...have to play the game smart. I don't like that call. Beck has to know Taylor has a penchant for forcing things into coverage, and that's way too deep in our own territory to do so.

Seriously, on these pass plays, we have to make Taylor's first read the checkdown. No other way about it.

That was ENTIRELY on Tim Beck/Bo Pelini. I swear to god, the next person that blames that play on Taylor.

He had no choice but to force a ball downfield based on what his coaches were asking. They ran a QB draw, then DIDN'T CALL A TIMEOUT, let 20 seconds run off the clock, and then called a vertical pass play.

If you're going to run the clock out, why pass? If you're trying to score, why let the clock run? To go to a checkdown receiver on that play would have contradicted his coaches' desire which apparently was to try and score, he had no choice but to go downfield if they wanted to score.

That was god-awful coaching, and nothing else.

I said I didn't like the playcall at all and I don't like the clock management there either.

But as far as trying to exculpate Taylor?

I don't care what the playcall is. We're deep in our own territory. You don't throw it into coverage like that. You just don't. Check down, try a shot the next play, take a sack even, whatever. You don't loft it up there when there are at least two guys right in that area. Sorry - nobody forced Taylor to do that and it was a bad decision, no matter how you slice it. It is far from "entirely" on the coaching staff. If they call a shot downfield and it isn't there at all, you don't take the turnover and give 3 points to the other team.

The only sense that it was a bad decision by the coaches it that Beck should have known Taylor would be liable to create a turnover here.

What choice did Taylor have? He could have checked down to what gain? There would have been 15 seconds left with 70 yards still to go. If the coaches want to score, they HAVE to call a timeout instead of letting the clock run, otherwise they force what is basically a hail mary and sure interception, which is what happened.

If they just want Taylor to check down and let the clock run out, then why call a pass play at all?

I'm sorry, but I spent all week telling people to be patient with Taylor, so I'm not going to sit quietly when people criticize decisions that weren't on him, and I'm not going to sit quietly when he might be the ONLY player to show improvement after the Wisconsin game.

Taylor needs to give people something. I not for booing a kid, but come on.

Kid played a good half. That pic was on Beck. Pointless and unnessecary risk....

Except Beck isn't throwing the passes. Beck needs some common sense smacked into him. I really didn't believe it could get worse than Shawn Watson but Beck is proving otherwise.

that's the 'old boys network' for ya.

Scary.....

Yeah, it was at least two guys in coverage on Reed on that play. That's the kind of throw you make when they have nobody over the top.

Cannot get greedy...have to play the game smart. I don't like that call. Beck has to know Taylor has a penchant for forcing things into coverage, and that's way too deep in our own territory to do so.

Seriously, on these pass plays, we have to make Taylor's first read the checkdown. No other way about it.

That was ENTIRELY on Tim Beck/Bo Pelini. I swear to god, the next person that blames that play on Taylor.

He had no choice but to force a ball downfield based on what his coaches were asking. They ran a QB draw, then DIDN'T CALL A TIMEOUT, let 20 seconds run off the clock, and then called a vertical pass play.

If you're going to run the clock out, why pass? If you're trying to score, why let the clock run? To go to a checkdown receiver on that play would have contradicted his coaches' desire which apparently was to try and score, he had no choice but to go downfield if they wanted to score.

Damn straight.

That was simply bad coaching decisions. Nothing else.

Matt Millen mentioned this and it's worth mentioning again. I absolutely hate the idea of Taylor changing the call at the line every damn play. I f'ing hate it with a passion

????

Taylor didn't change the play at the line. He got the call from the sideline. Or is that what you hate?

You guys are literally the stupidest fan base in college football right now.

2 10 win seasons in a row.

And now a season where the players aren't responding to the coaching, and it's his fault? Say what you want about Bo, blah blah blah he doesn't know what he's doing. bullsh#t. What he has done has worked the past 4 seasons. And it's worked damn well. Bo knows defense. The players are not playing well. Missed tackles. Blown contain. That's not coaching. That's players making stupid errors. And you think that's Bo's fault!? You can tell they know what they're doing wrong; but they do it anyways.

Bo's seat is ice cold. Quit being ridiculous drama queens. God you all are so annoying some times.

Dude, don't make is so personal. Even if you are attacking the fan base as a whole and not individuals, you need to keep your self in check. Comments like calling us STUPID are uncalled for. Others see it differently than you; this is a message board where we all voice our opinions on our team, good or bad, without attacking each other for there observations and personal analysis.

yep. Clearly they were thinking just throw it up. We've let enough time run off that a pick means they should have too far to go but enough time left on that if we complete it we have a shot at a long field goal or a hailmarry. Dumb dumb dumb. Just like the 4th and 1 decision. Desperation calls.

Completely not true. They got the ball with something like 20 seconds on the clock, at midfield. They have one, two, even three chances to complete a medium pass and get into FG range.

I root for Taylor and everything, but it is completely ridiculous how far some are stretching in order to pretend Taylor didn't do anything wrong there.

At this point i would prefer to not be in the top 25. Teams in the top 25 are there for a reason, they can stopp a 3rd and 7 run up the gut for god sakes. What did we plow our wad on defensive players last year. Im not freaking out, im f'ing pissed off. This is the dumest gameplay i have ever seen. Everyone said this game was a gimmie, when was the last time Ohio State ever gave up a gimmie. f#*k myself to sleep. f#*k these f'ing f'ers.

I completely agree. I was stunned last week when we only fell to #14. We would give the 2007 team a battle for the team with the least heart and discipline. I think the voters want to set us up to be embarrassed

We are at 14 because we played OSU this week. Great for ratings. If we played Minnesota we would be ranked 20-30.

You guys are literally the stupidest fan base in college football right now.

2 10 win seasons in a row.

And now a season where the players aren't responding to the coaching, and it's his fault? Say what you want about Bo, blah blah blah he doesn't know what he's doing. bullsh#t. What he has done has worked the past 4 seasons. And it's worked damn well. Bo knows defense. The players are not playing well. Missed tackles. Blown contain. That's not coaching. That's players making stupid errors. And you think that's Bo's fault!? You can tell they know what they're doing wrong; but they do it anyways.

Bo's seat is ice cold. Quit being ridiculous drama queens. God you all are so annoying some times.

Bo is the one that recruits these players. It's on him, stop making excuses for Bo's failures.

Damn straight.

That was simply bad coaching decisions. Nothing else.

Matt Millen mentioned this and it's worth mentioning again. I absolutely hate the idea of Taylor changing the call at the line every damn play. I f'ing hate it with a passion

????

Taylor didn't change the play at the line. He got the call from the sideline. Or is that what you hate?

I hate that in general. Completely off topic