Presser

Bo gets to kick Dirk around because he won - but sooner or later, he will be answering questions after a loss. I hope this doesn't come back to bite Bo, as happy as I am for his win.

I know what you mean, but I think Bo would kick Dirk around whether he won or not. It's the fans that view it differently - it's cool now, but if it's after a loss (like this past week) then everybody decides that Bo's a hot-head and he's out of line and unprofessional.

I think it's more than fair for Bo to respond to Dirk the way he did tonight. It's not like Bo gets to write an article in response to Dirk - I mean, I guess he could write a letter to the editor, but most of the time, journalists get the last say. It's fair that Bo respond in the only medium available to him.

I will use this analogy about the whole Bo vs. Dirk situation:

Husker fans are very knowledgable fans when it comes to football. We know good football when we see it. We know bad football when we see it. We know when the game is being played the right way.

I think we also know when a sports journalist is offering a fair objective view to what he/she is reporting on, and then we know when a sports journalist is completely...(forgive the term)..."out of bounds."

Dirk falls into this "out of bounds" category in my opinion. Too often he is trying to create a story instead of just reporting on the actual story.

Anyone care to add to this?

• Fire 2

If you got a chance to watch the post-game press conference with Bo it was unbelievable! He pretty much had enough with Dirk Chatelain and went right after him during the press conference. He admitted that he read Chatelain's article from Friday, and Dirk kept asking absolutely stupid questions, so Bo interrupted him and said "I'm done with you. Anyone else have any questions that are worth answering."

All I have to say is way to go Bo!

It has been clear over the last few seasons that Dirk has something either against Bo or Nebraska itself. I am so glad Pelini had the stones to hold Chatelain's feet to the fire in front of all his colleagues.

When Bo left the press conference.....everyone in the press room clapped with approval. That doesn't happen very much...if at all.

Way to go Bo!

I thought it was hilarious that Bo called that reporter out. What stupid questions some of these reporters ask! Blah!

I will use this analogy about the whole Bo vs. Dirk situation:

Husker fans are very knowledgable fans when it comes to football. We know good football when we see it. We know bad football when we see it. We know when the game is being played the right way.

I think we also know when a sports journalist is offering a fair objective view to what he/she is reporting on, and then we know when a sports journalist is completely...(forgive the term)..."out of bounds."

Dirk falls into this "out of bounds" category in my opinion. Too often he is trying to create a story instead of just reporting on the actual story.

Anyone care to add to this?

I'd love to. Dirk is an asshat who just got annihilated.

• Fire 1

Did anyone see the dismissive wave Bo made towads the crowd atfter the INT towards the end of the first half, assuming it was in response to booing from the crowd. Then in the conference when someone asked about it saying it never happened.

Being out west we don't get the World Herald anymore so I don't know what Dirk wrote, but it must have been bad, but sometimes when Bo reacts that way I wonder if doesn't lower himself to that same level. Wouldn't the better move be to just ignore him.

it's a "hate-love-hate" when dealing w the media in Nebraska, methinks.

i think we as fans have every right to demand answers to last weeks debacle. therefore, the media is going to ask some tough, challenging, stupid, political-type, dogging questions.

but do the local hacks have to dredge up controversy and intrigue on EVERY angle? does Bo need to answer questions better? does the team need to have thicker skin? is it week to week with the team, or is it day to day? is it the press being too intrusive and negative, or is it Bo & Co not being very media savvy?

no matter what, it's up to us fans to (as it seems like bo is so far politely saying) cheer and be crazy and loyal and batsh#t at games and make it hostile; so that when we leave the stadium we are as exhausted and tired as the players and feel the loss as emotionally and hard as they do. Instead of waiting for Dirk and them to tell us how we should feel....fuckthe media and lets ban togehterand cheer for our freaking team

Did anyone see the dismissive wave Bo made towads the crowd atfter the INT towards the end of the first half, assuming it was in response to booing from the crowd. Then in the conference when someone asked about it saying it never happened.

Being out west we don't get the World Herald anymore so I don't know what Dirk wrote, but it must have been bad, but sometimes when Bo reacts that way I wonder if doesn't lower himself to that same level. Wouldn't the better move be to just ignore him.

I'll be honest... when I watched it at the end of the half, I thought he was waving off to Tim Beck in the booth. I assume that was him silently remark how stupid of a play it was. I could be wrong though.