Martinez

Haven't been sold on him until tonight. Had nothing to do with his play. Millen reminded me that he is only a redshirt sophomore and he has plenty of room to grow. Saw alot of that in the 2nd half. I'm going to stop criticizing and start cheering for these kids no matter what the outcome. They obviously care about the outcome more than any of us fans do. Some people on here need to learn that.

There you go. You can be critical, as I am, but there comes a point where you realize that they are growing and most times growing pains occur. But no fan base should ever...EVER be as mean and cruel as we were to Taylor. They come out and perform for us, and for some people to criticize and throw pure hate is just ridiculous.

Taylor isn't the best passer in the world, and I hope he knows that. But you don't have to be a great passer to lead your team to a great season. You just have to make good decisions, and he did that tonight. When things weren't opened, he didn't panic, he looked through his progressions and dumped it off to Rex and let him make a play.

He's a good kid who had to endure way more than anyone should have to. I'm glad he performed, maybe it'll get people off his back for the weekend. But I'm sure people will find faults with his performance come Monday. I posted something on my Facebook after the half. Something like, "Can't believe how fast a fan base turns on it's QB." After all, he was the one giving up the 20 points, right?

• Fire 1

Honestly, at half time, I wanted to see someone else at QB because I thought that I had seen everything he had to offer. I'm glad that I was proven wrong, and the way that everyone else seems to be talking about him and Bo feels about him seems to be enough.

He's still not confident enough to dictate that he can set the emotional tempo, control the emotional climate, and not get caught up in the instantaneous weather.

I think more so than other people (Rex), he needs a spark or emotional boost so that he calms down and gets off his nerves. Listening to the post game show on the radio, one caller brought up osmething about what it takes for him to calm down and react more than overanalyzing - I forget what they said in response, but, I notice something about him feeding off of emotions in a particularly noticeable way.Obviously that's the case for everyone in college football, but....

I think where he can develop more is in his own self confidence or ability to control his poise. I think this second half can go a long way towards that -- he needs more experiences like this where he realizes he can dictate and choose his manner of play, and have success in that.

He appears to have demonstrated that he is capable of doing it. And if he continues to show more mastery of it as the season passes, then I'll push for him to be QB into next season. But if he can't get over the hump, then something has to change - because it's a little too obvious and well documented what happens when he falters. Not just 'obvious', but, you can plan what will happen and how, and it often leads to turnovers. If he can't change 'stopping feelign that way' so he panics and makes bad decisions, no less stopping the actual bad results of the panic/nerves/whatever, that's not good.

That said,

maybe this is a big big boost for him to get better at just that. I hope it is, and I believe it can be.

Prior to tonight, I wasn't hating on him - I didn't give him any grief after Wisconsin, because I didn't see that as truly indicative of anything. but tonight I was really just agitated at halftime. And he proved to me that he does have 'it', 'it' as in what it takes. he was able to dig down and find it in spite of all the sh#t from EVERYONE the last week, and in spite of a painful second quarter, at times. I respect that on a personal level because I've been in situations like that, albeit not on a football field.

So although I'm not a diehard HEs THE FUTURE TMagic fan, at this time, I'm definitely not a hater, and I do believe in him.

He should feel entirely validated tonight and I hope that builds him and grows more for the rest of the year.

Taylor's issue is that he forces things and has a tendency to go cold. But this game was the first time I think, that we've seen him go cold and then pick it back up and get back in his groove. Great sign.

Also the first time almost all year we saw him use his speed to really hurt a good team. Why don't we see that more often? I hope we'll figure out a way to get more of that out of him.

My only complaint with Taylor this year has been ball security. I know he's improved but he just doesn't protect the ball very well which is surprising because he was a running back at one point.

This kid played a fantastic game. As many bad things that he did last week he did good this week. Re-watch that 4th quarter and see how many times he turned something into a play. He went to the team and told them they were going to come back and win this early in the second half. It was good to see him make it happened and he was playing for his guys as much as anything out there. I hope Nebraska fan looks at him differently now.

My only complaint with Taylor this year has been ball security. I know he's improved but he just doesn't protect the ball very well which is surprising because he was a running back at one point.

This kid played a fantastic game. As many bad things that he did last week he did good this week. Re-watch that 4th quarter and see how many times he turned something into a play. He went to the team and told them they were going to come back and win this early in the second half. It was good to see him make it happened and he was playing for his guys as much as anything out there. I hope Nebraska fan looks at him differently now.

I do too but I seriously doubt they will anytime soon. While they'll never admit it many, many haters are still butthurt he beat out Z. Lee last year. Endless internet rumors that "he didn't earn it", "he doesn't care about the team", etc, etc. Just the way it is these days and you know how they eat up rumors.

The upside is that with Beck, Tmart & the offense continuing to develop some synergy between them it someday will be irrefutable that he's a major weapon and an asset. Until then any flaw in his game will be pounced on like a starving lion on a gazelle.

But that's ok. Beck knows. Bo knows.

GBR!!

You know what i saw last night was a huge change and i hope Taylor sees it on game film too.

When he threw the first INT, he lobbed the pass.

But when he threw the long ball to Enunwa, his feet were set right and he rifled it in there giving the secondary no time to catch up to it.

It may have been a fluke pass, some folks will say that. But i think it was a flashback to how he threw the ball against Okie State last year, he was accurate beyond +15yds, and he didn't lob the pass up. That is the Taylor Martinez i want to see more of.

I do not think those two passes were too different. The announcers talked about the footwork a little, but the real difference between those plays is that in one of them OSU had a safety over the top. Both were overthrown balls that the receiver would have had to run up to. The first may have been a bit off but the safety was there to make that pick. The second one, Enunwa had nobody in front of him. If there had been, it could have been at least defended.

Good throw though.

He was helped by a much improved play calling job by Beck. They worked to his strengths as opposed to trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. That said, he showed more leadership in this game than ever before. When down by 21 he was on the sidelines talking to the offense telling them we were going to win.

Biggest positive sign? When his teammate (Legate?) picked him up after the game and lifted him up in celebration. That move is reserved for the leader of the team.

There was only one mistake Taylor made all night. I don't see how anyone could've even wanted to see Carnes or whoever at any point during the first half or entire game. When Martinez threw the pick and OSU got the 3 points off of it at the end of the first half, that was not his fault. If we are going to try and score before half, that's fine, but don't run a QB draw and then decide we want to drop back and pass with 30 seconds left. When we decide we are going to drop back and let Taylor be a pocket passer for the drive and see if we can put up points before half, we are setting him up to fail and everyone is going to be all over him for that. When we ran the QB draw I thought we were going to just run the clock out...Then Beck calls for the pass and you know what happened...Same thing as before the half last week except we give them 3 instead of 6. I hated the play calling at the end of that half for the second week in a row...but Beck turned it around in the second half and called a good game. I have a lot of faith in Taylor when we have the run game going...It is opening up the play action passing and he can hit receivers that are wide open. I loved the second half comeback and hope we can get better in the off week and get ready for the rest of the season. We keep saying that bo and carl will figure out the D and we will be fine...I still believe this will happen but hopefully will happen sooner than later! GO BIG RED

Martinez is what he is as a passer and last night is exactly the kind of passing game he can do great things in. He had a great game passing the ball.

For the love of pete though let him run, enough with the sliding and trying to get out of bounds that someone has told him to. They are going to get him killed and he is leaving yards on the field because of it.

Hell yes Martinez. I got to admit, I had my doubts, but last night certainly showed there is some real upside to this young man. Plenty of room to get better, but damn good job! I'm juiced up after this one. The play calling was excellent for Martinez's skill set. He made some good throws. He missed a few big ones but the best thing was when the route downfield weren't coming open, he hit the main man Burkhead on the edge and BAM the man went for 6 on one of them. Hell of a game.