Bo Pelini

I don't know about the specifics, but I agree absolutely that Bo needs to grow up. A 20 year old getting testy with the media, I understand. But dealing with the media part of the job description. Bo makes $2.3 mil a year or whatever. He can goddamn well act like an adult when doing PR stuff.

He doesn't have to be TO or a greasy good ole boy like Mack Brown, but damn, man, show some composure. Do us proud. Act, well, act a little bit more Nebraskan.

He's whispering in his ear.

I am not going to put down my own fanbase, but I think we are a lot more bandwagon than we realize. And we melt down during games, completely crazy. It's like at the first sign of trouble folks start jumping off bridges! Have some patience, guys! And stay on that bandwagon. Let's please make an effort to do that.

I wasn't really reading message boards in 2003 so maybe the climate then was acerbic as well, but in my opinion 2007 really brought out the ugly in Husker fans. I have to say the whole 'greatest fans' stuff has rung a bit hollow since then. I love this fanbase though and I think we should get back up there by holding ourselves to the high standards we profess.

• Fire 1

Creepy is a poor description. He was clearly moving in to say something (complimentary, presumably) into Fickel's ear due to noise, and Fickle gave him the cold shoulder. Hard not to look awkward in that situation, but it's not really his fault that Fickel was butthurt and was trying to get out of there asap.

My favorite is how we sh#t on the players and coaches at every given opportunity under the guise of "being a realist".

This.

Come on. Who gives a flying you know what about what Bo did to the crowd. His team came back down 27-6 to win 34-27. They showed togetherness, Martinez/Burkhead showed leadership, and Pelini showed he's not a chump like half the people on this board seem to think he is.

A lot of our fans deserved to be placed in front of Pelini, tied up, and punched in the face for their behavior yesterday and in the week leading up to the game. We have pathetic fans out there, none more-so than some of the idiots who partake in social media or talk non-sense to Martinez in the classroom.

I'm not surprised our fans go into meltdown mode and show little confidence in this team at times. Frankly, Nebraska rarely shows it is up to the challenge of manufacturing a comeback victory, but they did it last night. However this doesn't excuse the patheticness that can be some of our fans at times.

Couldn't disagree more. Absolutely clueless to the reality of the situation.

And you say that because? I'm clueless to what your view really is.

I don't think you're smart enough to understand.

You have become one of the most obnoxious regular contributors to this board.

I've always been this way.

Here's the thing. It's nice you have some connection with the program. However, in the words of the great Denzel Washington in Training day: It ain't what you know; it's what you can prove.

You've been trending towards increasingly brief, unenlightening, wasteful posts like "You're wrong" for weeks. Don't mistake insider info for Papal authority. You don't need it to know Taylor Martinez played like crap last week. You don't need it to know he played like a Heisman candidate this week. You want to dispute a point? Then make one. it's no different here than any other conversation. If you don't bother to support yourself, resort to mindless personal attacks like 'you're not smart enough', it's nothing but an exercise in filling up an already overcrowded internet with needless drivel.

• Fire 7

Bo's old guys. He is grown up. He's a man. He's a head coach at one of the all time winningest programs and he has a wife and kids. Who are we to say he needs to grow up. I'll defer that to TO since he sees the whole picture and KNOWS what it's like to be a head coach of such "classy" and spoiled fans.

Couldn't disagree more. Absolutely clueless to the reality of the situation.

And you say that because? I'm clueless to what your view really is.

I don't think you're smart enough to understand.

C'mon man, really? Just because you aren't capable of providing a supported rebuttal doesn't mean it's ok to make one-line derogatory attacks. I'm just as big a fan as you and was posting my thoughts. Despite graduating number from from my class and having a post-graduate degree, I would never come on this site or any other and attack someone else's intellect.

you really don't get Bo do you?

thats ok there are coaches like callahan you can follow, or online video games

For the most part I completely disagree with you, OP. But, once again, no matter what Bo does, this thread proves that he can never do anything completely right to some of the fans.

First and foremost, Bo was HAPPY last night. He smiled on the sidelines at the end, and if you watch the Huskers.com highlights, the team and him are celebrating in the locker room after the game. The Bo we see on camera and the Bo that exists behind closed doors are two VERY different people. Some of the media, and some of the fans, deserved Pelini's hammer last night. I'm not saying they deserved the over-arching "you guys" tag, as if everybody has been up against these players, but some did regardless.

Second of all, I believe the booing was two-fold. People were definitely booing Martinez. I heard several boos when his name was announced on Husker Vision as the starting quarterback. People don't want him to start. Won't be surprised if everybody is cheering in three weeks, though. Nice job, fickle Nebraska fans. Do ALL the fans deserved to be criticized? Of course not. I don't mean to toot my horn, but myself and many others are feeling pretty good today after defending the relentless (and idiotic) tirades being thrown at Martinez and this staff. Some fans deserved it last night, and if I'm not mistaken either Martinez or Burkhead complimented the fans for being loud and getting involved in the game late. They know good fans are out there.

As far as your last point, there's nothing to say. I won't believe or not believe you, but given as there's no evidence of the situation then really it doesn't do anybody any good.

Husker x, I'm starting to worry about you man

You are using more religious references than evah :)

papal authority, apocalypse :D just funnin' ya

seems like a lot of people are starting to dance around the edges of the personal attack envelope. WE WILL BE WATCHING

GBR GBR GBR

Husker x, I'm starting to worry about you man

You are using more religious references than evah :)

papal authority, apocalypse :D just funnin' ya

seems like a lot of people are starting to dance around the edges of the personal attack envelope. WE WILL BE WATCHING

GBR GBR GBR

I took the sacrament last night. Seemed the only thing to do when you witness a bona fide miracle. :)

3. I posted this a couple days ago and have some more detail to share. And again, I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, but here it goes. My wife left on a Delta flight last Sunday to Minneapolis. Her flight crew was the same that had the Huskers the night before after the Wisconsin loss (apparently they have the same crew all season). Anyway, at the airport the team normally does not have to go through security, but some airports still require it. In Madison the team had to go through security, and when Bo's bags were getting checked, he started yelling at the security officers including use of some profanity. I am NOT trying to spread rumors and would never post if this didn't seem legit, but assuming it happened, it's another example of Bo showing complete disrespect and a lack of maturity in front of his team.

In general, I know Bo likes to make his team feel like the whole world is out to get them, but they/we are not. I go to just about every single game, and most fans are supportive up until the end. You are always going to have some negative blogging and articles written about you, but Bo needs to realize that sentiment does not represent the majority.

Wow your wife was a flight attendant for the team. Aint you special. Anyone ever tell you youre an idiot.?

Now, if you had any clue what was going on you wouldve noticed Bo treated most media in the room very well. He singled out one man. Dirk the doosh. He's always been a doosh. He alway will be a doosh. Sometimes I wonder if he aint been raped by a group a Nebraska footballs at one point or another. We might as well have Doug Gottlieb writing for the Herald. Bo called him out, cited a specific article, and basically did what Mike Gundy did a few years back, only fewer words and more SELF CONTROL.

So in other words, get off his a$$ and let our coach be our coach. If not, move to New York and kiss Callahans toes or go to Pittsburgh and hang with Petersen.