Bo Pelini

NU fans or any fans for that matter that claim they know a lot about football usually don't. They basically just parrot the things they hear on TV. I have coached for 10 years and the stuff I still don't know is amazing. The stuff I hear people say sometimes amazes me even more.

Its great, Fans can booooooo and get pissed and say nasty things but if a coach gets upset about then its "his problem" some of you guys sound like yahooooos!

• Fire 1

Couldn't disagree more. Absolutely clueless to the reality of the situation.

And you say that because? I'm clueless to what your view really is.

I don't think you're smart enough to understand.

You have become one of the most obnoxious regular contributors to this board.

I've always been this way.

Here's the thing. It's nice you have some connection with the program. However, in the words of the great Denzel Washington in Training day: It ain't what you know; it's what you can prove.

You've been trending towards increasingly brief, unenlightening, wasteful posts like "You're wrong" for weeks. Don't mistake insider info for Papal authority. You don't need it to know Taylor Martinez played like crap last week. You don't need it to know he played like a Heisman candidate this week. You want to dispute a point? Then make one. it's no different here than any other conversation. If you don't bother to support yourself, resort to mindless personal attacks like 'you're not smart enough', it's nothing but an exercise in filling up an already overcrowded internet with needless drivel.

Forgive my late response because I was out of town but there has only been twice when I've been brief with my posts. This instance in this thread when I 100% believed this guy was looking for a response that would lead to 90 pages of bickering back and forth. I mean. . . come on. . .he post something he stated he doesn't believe to be true. . .then why post it? He wasn't looking to see if anyone else had heard the same information, to shoot down a rumor etc. He was looking to smear the reputation of someone who more or less won't ever see this. Its a bunch of crap in my opinion if like it or not. It was very evident to the average educated person with the phrasing of his statement he was looking for a specific response. It would be like asking the question "when did you stop beating your wife?" Its fully loaded and full of false accusation.

The other post you referred to and the only other time I believe I've done something like that had to do with the Marvin Sanders issues and why he left. Why didn't I correct the poster who asked to be let it known if its wrong. Well....its none of your damn business. Why is a coaches' personal life anyone's business to talk about openly on a public forum? Thats why I didn't expound it unless its to clear up a false statement. In this instance to correct the statement would require someone to go into details that aren't really for me to discuss for a dozen different reasons. I'd do the same thing for anyone. If he wanted to know more I possibly may have answered in a PM. I doubt it in this instance but I might have given it some consideration.

If you ever doubt what I'm saying is true. I'll be happy to give you my source privately. I've done that at the request of more than one member here.

Hey da skers.

Let me be clear, I don't have a problem with you or your posting 99% of the time. The elaboration on the Sanders point you just gave would have been sufficient for me. Why? Because it's a thoughtful point. I respect your smart decision to keep your people out of the muck and not wanting the personal lives of individuals in the program exposed for no other purpose than chumming the waters of a message board.

The thing you might not know is that we've got a history of insiders parading themselves around this board, constantly hinting at this or that in pathetic self gratifying displays to make themselves feel special. I'm not accusing you of the same behavior; simply be aware it can appear the same even if it's not. I welcome your insights into the program and hope you continue posting for a good long time.

First, thanks, sd'sker. That was a pretty amazing highlights video... and Bo's comments at the end were incredible.

Second, I really don't think those that criticize Bo that harshly or imagine they know what he's like from a few media confrontations/behaviors at times on the sideline have seen anything done in depth on the man. It's easy to track down the In the Coaches Office episode from the BTN that was done. It's an incredible piece that I think gives some great insight into the man of Bo Pelini, rather than jumping to conclusions.

I think TO knows exactly what he has with Bo, and is actually pretty proud of what he has. Does he like all of Bo's actions? Knowing Tom, no. But I also believe that Tom sees the greatness lurking in Bo, and thinks he's got something pretty special in a head coach.

Third, I think ANYONE characterizing the Husker fan base by the actions of a few poor fans is truly not paying attention. There is whole STATE worth of fans out there that truly don't get to the games all the time. Many of them are lucky to get to a game once a year. Many are lucky to get to a game, ever. That's because they don't have the time, money, or ability to get to Lincoln. But that doesn't make them any less a Husker fan. And coming from small-town Nebraska, I can tell you the vast majority of those fans don't care about the actions many on this Board and in the media obsess over. They're happy to have a winner as head coach, they're happy that he comes out and sees fans in the smaller towns, and they're happy to see the Huskers begin to be what they envision it can be. I think we truly get worked over a great deal of minutiae in this, and don't see the bigger picture of the fanbase. I think we get way too myopic and see our own little world of Huskerdom.

Fourth, TO could get rid of those 'Greatest fans' signs in a heartbeat if he really wanted to. He made subtle and not so subtle changes when he took over. He chooses not to because it's a nod to the fans, not in an arrogant way as some take it, but in a thankful way. I find it funny when WE knock our own fans so bad, and yet coaches from all over the country have come to Memorial Stadium and raved about our fans... win or lose. You find VERY few stadiums with fans applauding the opposing team as they walk off the field. And I think that's an amazing testament to who our fans are and what they're about. Do we have classless fans? Absolutely, as does every fanbase. What makes it different is the majority of the fanbase, and knowing who the majority of the fanbase is, and what makes Nebraska, the team and the state, special as a whole.

Book is done. :)