Am I the only

okaive

Sorry, I tried to find if there was a thread like this, but just getting home after driving from the game and checking the site, there are way to many new threads to make sure.

Anyway, am I the only one that is not liking the result of this game? Yes we won and yes we made some great plays. But shouldn't we have done a lot better then what we did?

IMO we were playing a team that had a few 2nd string players on the field and we were being man handled both on D and O the 1st half.

Even the fans were congratulating me on the win 3 hours before the game even started, This game should have been like an OOC game and should have been a blow out. Instead we just win by 7 points (yes I know it could have been 14 at the very end, but we didn't take that score), and had to work at that. OSU should have been working the whole game, not us for one minute.

If anything comes out of this, it should show the players that we are not even close to what we should be and need a ton more work. I knew we would get beat by Wisconsin, but two weeks in a row of debacles should be hinting something to the staff.

So, flame away.

Our offensive performance was very encouraging. OSU fans weren't down on their defense coming into the game - that's a solid unit.

Our defensive performance until Braxton Miller left the game was pretty discouraging (although we weren't bad for a stretch between OSU's third and fourth scores). The defense still has a long ways to go, but hopefully they found something in the second half.

It is a little concerning it took about 2 1/2 quarters before the team finally started to wake up. Yoshi made a comment that OSU players were starting to get fatiqued. Not sure how to take that. It's nice the O-line was able to keep going yet...what if (insert team) D-line doesn't fatigue as early as OSU's line did? Is the O-line going to be able to push thru that or will they be the ones who fatigue first?

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that the same people who watched the Wisconsin game thought this OSU game would be a blowout. We know our defense is struggling, and we know that our offense needed to answer the call. OSU had a top fifteen defense in the country and look at the second half we had on them. Martinez looked pretty good both running and passing. He made good decisions and you could see that the checkdown to Burkhead was a focus of his this week. That went very well. Burkhead was able to have his way with that top 15 defense.

I never thought this game would be a blowout. I did think it would be a low scoring game and would be decided by a field goal. Though the game was close, they scored more points than I thought, and yes, we clearly have a lot to fix on defense. Still, this team showed their character. They never gave up when they easily could have laid down like they did at Wisconsin. They fought their butts off in that second half and personally I thought it was one of the most inspired halves of football I've seen in Nebraska. Great win for this team. Great way to head into the bye week and build.

I'm troubled too.

But I decided there's a lot of positives to look at from this game.

The offense didn't give up, didn't panic.

The defense didn't give up.

Beck called a great second half, revisiting a few things that didn't work earlier (show he has confidence in his schemes)

First time this year IMO that we really saw great balance play with Martinez and Burkhead together great triple threat.

Great play from Lavonte David.

Secondary began to show glimmers of life.

Only 1 turnover (?)

It was important to get a win going into a bye week.

Lots of stuff to build on.

Sorry, I tried to find if there was a thread like this, but just getting home after driving from the game and checking the site, there are way to many new threads to make sure.

Anyway, am I the only one that is not liking the result of this game? Yes we won and yes we made some great plays. But shouldn't we have done a lot better then what we did?

IMO we were playing a team that had a few 2nd string players on the field and we were being man handled both on D and O the 1st half.

Even the fans were congratulating me on the win 3 hours before the game even started, This game should have been like an OOC game and should have been a blow out. Instead we just win by 7 points (yes I know it could have been 14 at the very end, but we didn't take that score), and had to work at that. OSU should have been working the whole game, not us for one minute.

If anything comes out of this, it should show the players that we are not even close to what we should be and need a ton more work. I knew we would get beat by Wisconsin, but two weeks in a row of debacles should be hinting something to the staff.

So, flame away.

Well... I am most pleased with the heart and passion that the Husker kids showed. All along that has been what was missing --- play your heart out emotional leave-it-all-on-the-field total commitment to never giving up and always giving it 100%. That was really refreshing to see.

Also Okaive --- don't let the OSU record and recent struggles fool you --- the Buckeyes have a ton of talent. That is a really good football team in a terrible off-the-field bit of adversity, a coaching problem and general disarray --- but when they set that aside ... like they did till the David take away and the injury to their QB --- they are a really, really good team. So... I think this was a great win for the Huskers.

All we can ask for from our team is total dedication to the task and total heart and commitment. They gave that on Saturday so this is a very, very pleasing win. Enjoy it my friend.

I'll admit that the game shouldn't have been close because our defense should've done more than they did to shut down Ohio State's offense. BUT, Ohio State's defense was still ranked in the top 15 and that is something that can win you ball games [i.e. 2009 Nebraska]. So while I'm not kind of surprised by the 7 point win, I'm kinda not at the same time. The offensive performance in the second half was stellar and if the D can bring its game up to par for the second half of this season, we could very well be meeting the Badgers in Indy come December.

--Only slightly worried, but only about our defense-- Will be worried more if we don't blow Minnesota out of the water.

Heart and passion? Where was it the first 2 1/2 quarters? I rewatched the game last night. With 3:34 left in the third quarter, we were averaging 2.3 yards per carry. Burkhead was averaging a whopping 1.1 yards per carry. I saw Martinez throw a dart to I believe Reed as he was being tackled around the 10. #63 was standing there watching his man blow by him nailing his QB. I saw one play where Burkhead was tackled for a three yard loss. The first to help him up was his OL that let his man nail Burkhead in the backfield. It's no wonder Beck called the game he did against Wisconsin. Our D made a horrible Ohio State O look like worldbeaters for nearly three quarters until David yanked the ball away from their QB. If we play the rest of the way like we did Saturday, Michigan will absolutely crush us. We'll be so far behind by the time we actually start playing that it really won't matter much what we do. It looks like the coaching staff right now is just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. I'm glad for the win, but I get more and more pi$$ed each time I watch the game.

• Fire 1

I don't see where Michigan is miles above where Nebraska is. Perhaps they are a product of a soft schedule and that's why they are 6-0. They are still paper tigers and have yet to be tested. Will D Rob pose a problem for us. You bet, if we don't get our act together. Will we give their overrated defense a problem, you bet. If there's a team to be worried about, it's Michigan State, not Michigan.

I don't see where Michigan is miles above where Nebraska is. Perhaps they are a product of a soft schedule and that's why they are 6-0. They are still paper tigers and have yet to be tested. Will D Rob pose a problem for us. You bet, if we don't get our act together. Will we give their overrated defense a problem, you bet. If there's a team to be worried about, it's Michigan State, not Michigan.

If you're going to claim Michigan hasn't played anyone, then how can you claim Michigan State has? They did have one common opponent. Michigan despite three INT's being thrown by Shoelace beat Notre Dame. Michigan State got absolutely rolled by Notre Dame.

Anyone expecting to blowout the majority of teams in the Big 10 is in for a major disappointment. Big 10 teams are content with getting 3 to 5 yards a play on the ground and running clock. It's a more physical style of play then what we were used to in the Big 12. Unless we are playing a team like Minnesota, most games are going to be pretty close in my opinion. Also, anyone pissed off watching this team score the last 28 points of the game in a come from behind victory needs to find another sport to watch. Some teams would roll over and give up after being down 21 with a quarter and a half left. This team showed it has heart and they believe in each other. Proud to be a Husker fan!!!!

Heart and passion? Where was it the first 2 1/2 quarters? I rewatched the game last night. With 3:34 left in the third quarter, we were averaging 2.3 yards per carry. Burkhead was averaging a whopping 1.1 yards per carry. I saw Martinez throw a dart to I believe Reed as he was being tackled around the 10. #63 was standing there watching his man blow by him nailing his QB. I saw one play where Burkhead was tackled for a three yard loss. The first to help him up was his OL that let his man nail Burkhead in the backfield. It's no wonder Beck called the game he did against Wisconsin. Our D made a horrible Ohio State O look like worldbeaters for nearly three quarters until David yanked the ball away from their QB. If we play the rest of the way like we did Saturday, Michigan will absolutely crush us. We'll be so far behind by the time we actually start playing that it really won't matter much what we do. It looks like the coaching staff right now is just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. I'm glad for the win, but I get more and more pi$$ed each time I watch the game.

I am not a fan of #63..........he needs to be benched and put Choi in. I see a ton of better play from Choi than I do Rodriguez