No Excuse for Booing!

What's with some of the booing coming from those fair-weather fans! Look, if the team or a player clearly is not trying, yes boos can be justified ... but that's it!!! When we were behind 27-6, TM was trying ... the whole team was playing hard. You don't ever boo our team for poor play if they are trying to make good plays. Do you think that's going to help them play better?

Hats off to our coaches and our players to shake that off and make the greatest comeback in Husker history. And thank goodness that most Husker fans take the high road and are always behind our team. But to those few fair-weather fans who are a glaring distraction to our team, stay home!

One final note. To those great fans who were chanting Suh, this post doesn't apply to you.

• Fire 1

At the game I didn't notice the booing being that loud. I heard it, but it seemed like a smattering to me. It was DEFINITELY not a large percentage of the fans.

I couldn't tell where it was coming from, either. Was it the students? Was it all over? It certainly wasn't anyone within earshot of my section, 34.

My biggest question - was this a construct of the TV guys selectively turning up certain microphones? For as little booing as I heard, it seems like it's getting a lot of discussion.

There was a lot of booing in 2007 as well. I actually think we beat that horse to death then. While I wasn't at the game, they did reference it at least once on TV. All I can say is that it must have been loud enough that Bo heard it because you could see him turn around and look at the stands and hold his arms up.

Careful, those are the same fans that created an atmosphere in the second half that hasn't been around for a LONG time. The same atmosphere we've been missing. If a little booing is the trade off to get Memorial into the type of place that Camp Randall has become then so be it. The blue hairs are dying off. The younger crowd will boo when displeased with a series as bad as those 3 plays. It just goes w/ the energy. Fortunately they will cheer and support their team with a passion that far excedes what they showed when they booed. Can't have it both ways. If you want a mellow stadium during the down times, expect a quiet one during the ups as well.

And in their defense, there was a very abnormal set of circumstances leading up to that. Up until that second half, it's been a very disapointing season when you look at effort and execution. They were booing more than just that series. That just happened to be the tipping point.

If you didn't boo, then it shouldn't be a big deal, secondly for all the people who "turned the channel" or shut the game off you should be embarrassed. I love watching a majority of this board eat their crow. 1. I haven't missed a home game in 11 years 2. I have never once in my life ever left my seat before zeros on the clock ever, even the oklahoma state meltdown 3. Most people do not boo, but some in the stands will always boo decisions or want another coach/player, if it is not you then who cares let the idiots sound like idiots.

And in their defense, there was a very abnormal set of circumstances leading up to that. Up until that second half, it's been a very disapointing season when you look at effort and execution. They were booing more than just that series. That just happened to be the tipping point.

Agree with this. I don't support booing our own players (coaches, maybe, but you can't tell the difference, so I never boo), but the product on the field in the first half, and especially the second quarter, had me literally grasping my hat to chuck it away in frustration. It was an ugly second quarter. Start of the third quarter wasn't any better.

But things improved a little from there on out. :D

I actually went into my basement and sanded drywall for 30 minutes during the half. I HATE sanding drywall - but it was better than watching that crap. :) Oh well, turned out alright!

Went to NASCAR on sunday at Kansas Speedway. My wife and I both had husker shirts on. It's why I love being a husker fan. CONSTANTLY had people stopping me to talk about the game. When they had some "game" pre-race naming states they came to Nebraska and the croud erupted. (there were a TON of Nebraska plates in the parking lot). The announcer even commented on the Nebraska fans in the croud. Love it.

EDIT: The point of that story is that - even w/ the booing...there is a reason why they say we're the greatest fans in college football. I had a razorback fan come up to me and talk football for 20 minutes. I had to answer the "go big reeeeeeddd" chant about 5 times getting from my car to the stadium. A group of Missouri fans invited my wife and I to their tailgate to give us a little sh#t, congradulate us then offer us beer/food. We're not great fans just because we dont' happen to boo the team very often. You can boo a team and not be ashamed of it, it's alright. I dont' think the kids take it personal. They shouldn't. It's passion. It's part of it.

If you didn't boo, then it shouldn't be a big deal, secondly for all the people who "turned the channel" or shut the game off you should be embarrassed. I love watching a majority of this board eat their crow. 1. I haven't missed a home game in 11 years 2. I have never once in my life ever left my seat before zeros on the clock ever, even the oklahoma state meltdown 3. Most people do not boo, but some in the stands will always boo decisions or want another coach/player, if it is not you then who cares let the idiots sound like idiots.

I quit watching for awhile. I'm not embarrassed at all about that. If anything, I was embarrassed with how the team played in the 1st half.

That said, this team proved me wrong, and I'm sure as hell glad they did.

I will never boo our team at the stadium, mainly because I don't believe it's a tasteful thing to do. Booing other fans/teams, etc., is one thing, but booing your own players and coaches? I don't care how bad things are.

Even if a team "gives up", does that mean every single person on the team has given up? No. There could be plenty of guys out there trying to make plays who just aren't getting the support around them at they need. Cheering is always better than booing imho.

As far as where the booing was coming from, it sounded like it was kind of everywhere, at least to me. There was just a-hole sitting a few rows behind me in the student section who booed the entire first half, but other than that the boos seemed further away.

I quit watching for awhile. I'm not embarrassed at all about that. If anything, I was embarrassed with how the team played in the 1st half.

I still haven't watched the second half against Wiscy. I deleted it off one of my DVRs. Still have it on another, but probably won't watch it. I know exactly how you feel.